• Basking in birthday love

Re-entry on the 17th and other birthday stuff

So my group is having strategy meetings about the 17th, and we're considering the possibility of popping out for DCA or DD during the afternoon. Naturally, I have a few questions about this that maybe some of you fine folks can answer:

-Will the main gates allow re-entry with a handstamp if the park has been closed?

-Will the DD monorail stop allow re-entry with a handstamp?

-Will Deluxe APs work at DCA that day?

I completely understand limiting capacity, but if you have a handstamp, you've already been counted in the day's capacity. At least, that's what I would think. Anyone know how the park is handling that?

Also, does anyone know if extra shows (namely Fantasmic and fireworks) are being added? I remember hearing rumors, but have they been confirmed?

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Prefect

Blog Entries

Re: Re-entry on the 17th and other birthday stuff

1. if the park is closed by the fire marshall & you leave, you can't get back in until the fire marshall gives the ok. disney can't do anything about that.

2. see above

3. no, i think it's a black-out day except for PAPs

basically, the advice they're giving is: get there early, but there are no guarantees you will get in. don't plan on going back & forth, as you might not get back in.
    <o>

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

-Will the main gates allow re-entry with a handstamp if the park has been closed?

It depends on what "level" the park is closed, at the early levels, yes... But if it hits the Fire Marshall's Capacity, NOBODY will be allowed in until enough folks have left the park.

-Will the DD monorail stop allow re-entry with a handstamp?

Normally yes, but on the 17th (and maybe the day or two on either side) there could be different rules. First, if the Main ENtry Plaza gates are restricted, then so are the Monorail turnstyles. But if it is busy, you more than likely have a better chance to get in at the Main Entry Plaza.

-Will Deluxe APs work at DCA that day?

No, but a blockout pass is available for $30, which will be on sale until they decide that too many folks have entered the park, and they decide to stop selling One Day tickets.

I completely understand limiting capacity, but if you have a handstamp, you've already been counted in the day's capacity. At least, that's what I would think. Anyone know how the park is handling that?

Capacity is based on the people in the park (ever wonder why you HAVE to exit thru a turnstyle until the park closes, then they allow you to exit thru open gates..), so why maybe over 80,000 folks might go thru the gates, some folks will show up early, get there freebies and watch the morning ceremony and leave... so JUST because you have a hand stamp does not guarantee you automatic re-entry into the park, but if they close the gates due to capacity, you should be one of the first who will be allowed back in when enough folks have left the park to lower the in-park attendance below the Fire Marshall's limits...

Also, does anyone know if extra shows (namely Fantasmic and fireworks) are being added? I remember hearing rumors, but have they been confirmed?

There is only ONE Fireworks show, but a third Fantasmic! has been added for 11:30 PM on the 17th
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

pixiechick said it perfectly. and darkbeer elaborated masterfully.

get to disneyland and don't leave. you probably wont be let back in. i'm guessing theyre preparing to reach capacity on the 17th

i know i wouldnt risk it.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |