Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Newbie with a question....

Well I've been lurking for awhile and now feel brave enough to post a question. What day do you think would be the best day to go to DL between Sept. 3 and Sept. 14th. We're going to celebrate mine and my DD's birthday's (Sept. 19th & 20th). We want to go before my DD turns 3 so she's still free. I'd really like to take her to the Princess Breakfast at Ariel's Grotto too.

A little about me....I'm a 32 year old wife and mom. I was born and raised just a few minutes from Disneyland. In fact my dad being a lather and certified welder worked on quite a bit of the rides and 2 lands at DL & DCA. At one time they used to let the construction workers and thier families have a day at the park for free and get a free preview of the new attraction but that has since gone. I think the last one we got to do that was Bug's Land and he has since worked on ToT and Nemo. Boy do they work those construction workers but that's another thread for another time. I've always enjoyed DL but since I've started lurking on these boards and learning so much and so many secrets I think I'm turning into a bit of a nut. I do want to get an AP and will someday. I'd really like to be able to take my time in each land and see the shows and ride all the rides. That's hard to do in 1 day.

Becky
    Last edited by JimiThing; 08-30-2007 at 08:01 PM.

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

Re: Newbie with a question....

Not near Labor Day weekend. In other words, September Fifth is a HORRIBLE idea! Trust me!

I'm not sure what day to go... but definatley not September 5.

APs are serious fun. I've played hooky from school to go to Disneyland, because my friends are lame and talk stuff behind my back. Ahhh, the teenaged life.

• Once A Skip Always A Skip

Went to the park today and it was pretty deserted...can't vouch for the rest of the weekend though.

I used ot have an AP, both the year before and then two years after I worked in the park. I just went back and it's a lot of fun to just hang out and kill some time.

WELCOME TO MC
    -"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

If you don't have a weekday off, I'd suggest Sept 9th because it's a Sunday and slower usually (at least in the morning) and the beginning of the off season. Otherwise any weekday should be good. I hope you and DD have lots of fun!
    dreams. come. true.

• insufferable know-it-all

Welcome!

I'd say any day but Labor Day weekend. Then again, the heat might be chasing people off, so it's kind of luck of the draw. Perhaps check the park hours to see when they cut back? Though on weekends it's still open pretty consistently late, so that won't help much.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Welcome to Micechat!

On the same line, we'll be going next Thursday, the 6th. Any thoughts on this date?

• "I Break Things"

14th would work best, as far from Labor Day as possible.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Thanks for the welcome and the tips!

dland_lover my sister used to live in Vista and her ex DH still does. Off Foothill. I used to go visit her all the time. I really liked it there.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by JimiThing View Post
    Thanks for the welcome and the tips!

dland_lover my sister used to live in Vista and her ex DH still does. Off Foothill. I used to go visit her all the time. I really liked it there.
    OMG, that's right around the corner from me! (ok let's all sing it together, now) It's a small world, after all. It's a small world, after all. It's a small world, after all. It's a small, small, world!

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    OMG, that's right around the corner from me! (ok let's all sing it together, now) It's a small world, after all. It's a small world, after all. It's a small world, after all. It's a small, small, world!
    -runs off topic- My dad hates that ride. It broke down with him inside for several hours... and they didn't shut off the music! HAHA!

And... me and my sisters and his girlfriend all sung with the Tiki birds in the Tiki Room. He was so annoyed.

-back on topic- No problem, and welcome to micechat! you might see me around... a little. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    LOL! She lived on Foothill off of E. Vista Way. In all seriousness if you happen to see a black dog possibly without tags she answers to the name of Nikki. She's medium sized with longish hair and she's a SWEETHEART. I guess she got out of the yard about 3 weeks ago. My sister moved to Texas and wasn't able to take her dogs. Her ex promised to take care of them and just told her she's missing. My poor sis is hearbroken!

Welcome to MiceChat!!

I'll be there on the 6th, celebrating my b-day, too. I've heard it will slow down a lot after Labor Day since so many schoolage kids are back to the grind

• Once A Skip Always A Skip

dland_lover

my girlfriend used to live in Oceanside, but she went to Vista High School. Her name is Tasha, she says hi.
    -"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."

what about Sept. 7th? It's a Friday. How busy are Fridays?

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by JimiThing View Post
    what about Sept. 7th? It's a Friday. How busy are Fridays?
    Fridays are light in the day, then when work gets out it get crowded. Not a bad day to go though.

Have fun and welcome to MiceChat!

Chad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast