Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Mom, Mickey has a room??

Re: Funniest Disneyland Moment

I've posted this one before but I was in the Parade of the Stars and Meeko tripped holding my hand and took me down with him. Splat all over Main Street. Hurt alot but I was laughing the rest of the parade route. I wish my parents had gotten it on film!

I have another funny moment, My daughter was three and I had to use the restroom near the Canoes and so I left the stroller and her with my husband. Well he wasn't paying attention for a split second and she fell through the rope fencing they had at the time and into the River of America. I was just coming out of the bathroom as it was happening, luckily he turned around in time and grabbed her. Whew! She was sopping wet and smelly from the chest down. I was laughing so hard. Had to buy her a whole new outfit and let her shoes dry out on top of the stroller the rest of the day. We still kid our teenager about it every time we stop there!

• Just splashing around...

My very dearest and oldest friend was a performer in Festival of Fools. I would often go watch the show, and knew where to sit to be right in front of the area where she hung out on stage, and if any of you are familiar with that show, the audience was in very close proximity with the performers. One show, I showed up in big sunglasses and a scarf over my head (a la Grace Kelly) and got one of those HUGE lollypops (the biggest ones they have) and sat right in front of her area, enjoying my lollypop in my "disguise". After the show, she told me she was laughing so hard she nearly peed her pants (her costume had a complete head covereing, so no one could see her). It was a moment were you "had to be there" but it was priceless.

• Senior Minion

Nathan Detroit Jnr (4 years old at the time) had a pair of those over-sized Mickey gloves that he loved to wear. This one particular day, he refused to remove them right from leaving the hotel. We discovered Mickey Mouse at a meet&greet and queued accordingly. NDJnr still kept the gloves on and would not take them off even though he was unable to hold his autograph book and pen. We evetually got the the head of the line and NDJnr approached Mickey, only to remove a hand from one of the gloves and proudly present Mickey with... a sanitary towel! (He had obviously been rummaging around in the bathroom cupboards)
    Mickey did the old 'hands over mouth' routine while I desperately snatched the offending item from NDJnr. The chaperones at the meet&greet found this hilarious and one suggested that we would have been better off going to see Minnie.

I still find this amusing two years on and it will be one of those stories that I will enbarrass NDJnr with once he starts bringing girls home!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Can't get enough!

^^^^

OMG-that's hilarious!!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

Last September's "Day Trip" (Drive all night Friday to stay at park open to close Saturday and drive home to pass out Sunday) gave a couple on-lookers quite the laugh.

My mom went with us, and she and my wife around closing are doing the last second shopping on Main Street. My four kids (the troopers that they are for making it this far) and I are sitting on the ground next to the Emporium. Mom and the Mrs like their shopping, and my kids started doing the head bobbing (eyes droop shut, head falls forward, catch yourself and wake up for a couple seconds, repeat). Eventually, they all gave in and were in various states of repose, sleeping peacefully on Main Street.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    Nathan Detroit Jnr (4 years old at the time) had a pair of those over-sized Mickey gloves that he loved to wear. This one particular day, he refused to remove them right from leaving the hotel. We discovered Mickey Mouse at a meet&greet and queued accordingly. NDJnr still kept the gloves on and would not take them off even though he was unable to hold his autograph book and pen. We evetually got the the head of the line and NDJnr approached Mickey, only to remove a hand from one of the gloves and proudly present Mickey with... a sanitary towel! (He had obviously been rummaging around in the bathroom cupboards)
    Mickey did the old 'hands over mouth' routine while I desperately snatched the offending item from NDJnr. The chaperones at the meet&greet found this hilarious and one suggested that we would have been better off going to see Minnie.

I still find this amusing two years on and it will be one of those stories that I will enbarrass NDJnr with once he starts bringing girls home!

Amusing 2 years on? That sir, is funny for a lifetime!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Don't worry about offending me. If you took the last chicken pot pie at a family gathering, then I'd be offended,
    I'll have to file that one away for future reference.

As for my funniest moment...pardon a repeat of a story.

My very first day actually on the job in June 1974...washing dishes at the Plaza Pavillion. Anyway, one of the lead cooks summoned me, and with a very serious face informed me that I was needed for a serious mission.

It seemed that we were all out of left-handed bacon stretchers, and they needed me to go across the street to the Plaza Inn kitchen to get one.

Looking back on it, anyone with half a brain or a shred less gullibity might have questione such a need.

But this was my first day, gung-ho, and indeed I went into the PI kitchen, found the lead, and dutifully asked for the item.

Doing his best to hide a smirk, he came back with a tiny "stretcher", about the size of your hand, with a little red cross in the middle of it. He placed it in my left hand and I knew I'd been had.

I dutifully returned to the Pavillion kitchen, and we all burst out in laughter. Although my face was bright red.

Damn, I was gullible...still am...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• "I Break Things"

Funniest Moment... Funniest Moment... read this Jungle Cruise Antics because I really can't decide... and there will probably be more added over time.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

My funniest moment has to be this: it was just after the "recent" 4 month refurb of Splash, and I was able to get on during soft openings, right at the beginning of the day, on the 2nd log of the day! I was placed in the first row. I would like to say that this was my first time (in 12 years) sitting in the front row. I've sat in the back many times, but not really the front. Needless to say, I got SOAKED (esp. with the ride being wetter than ever now).

I wanted to go again. So, I got out, went back around through the queue (they made us) and got right back up to the station. At this point I semi-pleaded to the CM (same one as before) to NOT put me in the front row. The next thing I heard? "Row 1, please" (I know he was laughing inside. I just know it!). So, I got back in the front row. And again, was soaked, but now doubly so.

I decided after that, that I didn't need to take another shower. So, as I'm walking over to the East side of the park, a little boy looks at me, with a face of disgust, horror and curiosity, and says: "Eeeeewww!! What did you do?? Mommy! What did he do??" I had a REAL good laugh about this for the rest of the day. Come to think of it, I still do!

It's a little washed out, but there I am- in the front row (on my second ride of the day):

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Funniest Moment... Funniest Moment... read this Jungle Cruise Antics because I really can't decide... and there will probably be more added over time.
    Damn right!

Walt's love of Trains!

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

Haha. These are all great!

Uh... my funniest moment... Would be... Oh gosh. I was in line for Space Mountain, back when Fast Passes just started up... so the CM held us for about 30 minutes while letting FP holders skip our line... So I was standing there talking to her about Matterhorn, when the lights went on inside the ride. Alarmed, I asked her what was up. She said someone probably dropped something... but because of the que, I could see into the ride. I could see all the tracks and everything. While I was amazed and studying it, a rocket goes by. Really slowly. With only TWO people in it. They both had their hands up... and were old ladies.

I don't know why, but I was laughing for a good half hour.

• Cherry Tart

Quote Originally Posted by mouseinphilly View Post
    Bicker bicker bicker bicker...

Sounds like capt hook's and littlecricket's favorite, Epic Hatter.
    I'm sorry to jump in mouseinphilly, but Epic Hatter isn't my favorite. I actually don't play favorites considering several of my friends are in that department. I just like them all.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

The funniest moment I can remember is when my oldest nephew was about 3 years old. He was eating a juice bar while we were waiting for the parade to start. The lady sitting next to him asked him if his popsicle was good. He said yes and the next thing we know he shoved it into her mouth as he asked her if she wanted a taste. The woman was very good about the whole thing. She laughed the whole thing off and bought him a new popsicle.

• Old Timer

Wink Re: Funniest Disneyland Moment

One of my funniest moments was several years ago. I was at the Park with a friend who doesn't get there very often, so I was pointing out some of the funcky details we long time regulars get to know. After a couple of minutes we noticed that a group of about six Japanese businessmen follow behind us, staying just close enough to hear what I was saying. I wouldn't have minded if they had asked to join or something, but they were just following us all the way up Main Street. So when we got to the Hub, I pointed out the sparrows and my friend and I started talking about how lifelike the new audioamatronics were, and how they could move so that they looked as if they could actually fly, etc. Then we quickly walked away, leaving them maddly taking pictures of the birds.
    A Suit who had seen the whole thing walked up and said, "that was mean", and I said, "but fun!". He agreed. He said that he had been watching our progress up Main Street. He wasn't certain that we were aware of our followers until we pulled the 'stunt' on them.
    I hope that their pictures of the sparrows of Disneyland turned out.

• Frrrrrrunkis~!

I was in line at the Autopia and this little girl ahead of me started begging for her mother to spank her. It was so weird. She went on and on for about ten minutes about wanting to be spanked.

Swear to God, strangest thing I have ever seen in the park.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast