Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Eeyore smiling

Re: Christmas at Disneyland will start a week later than normal this year, 11/16/07

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    What an unimaginative solution to the problem.

If they really were with it they would just invent a transitional holiday.

Like Chrisween, or Hallomas
    Thanksmas

• Disney Starved in AZ

Re: Christmas at Disneyland will start a week later than normal this year, 11/16/07

Quote Originally Posted by mouseinphilly View Post
    There is already one.

I think it's called "Thanksgiving" if I remember correctly.

Yes, and it is non-denominational... unless you're un-American!

• Problem Child/Rocker

thank god, a company who realizes christmas spirirt comes in WAY too early!
    We want to appeal to everyone and get rich quick. We want to be millionaires. I've got this plan to buy Tasmania you see...-Angus Young

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalPalaceGirl View Post
    Or Native American.

Kind of was the beginning of the end for them.

Let's restrict bashing to Disney matters and not throw terms like that around - if even at all - to people who might not be sympathetic to particular holidays.

• Still lost in Neverland

I preferred the way they did it back in the olden times at Disneyland. The Park remained normal with no hint of Christmas until Thanksgiving, or rather the day after. You could go to the Park on Thanksgiving day and the Park would look normal. But go back the very next day and all the Christmas decorations including the 60 foot tall tree in Town Square would be up. It was pure Disney Magic. The Disney Elves spent the entire night from closing till opening decorating the entire Park. Of course it wasn't as extensive as it is today, but still. Like Magic!
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    Good. Christmas season really shouldn't begin until the end of Thanksgiving day anyway. When Santa shows up at the end of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, then it's Christmas season.
    No, actually Christmas begins in July when QVC unveils their 'Christmas Shoppe'. Walmart has had their Holiday decorations up since August.

It's a very narrow window of time when you consider the days start speeding up around December, and by the time decorations are taken down.....you are only two weeks into Winter. I consider many of the decorations, more as a Winter thing, than necessarily "Christmas", and if they would leave things up longer, it might make more sense in terms of a Winter celebration.

As it is, I've seen them start dismantling decorations on Jan 1, and sooner!

Last year, the beautiful trees in the GCH Conference center were taken down on Dec. 26, as was the Snowglobe---to me those are definitely "Winter" things, so I don't understand it. As long as they are so eager to remove decorations as soon as possible, I think they should start putting them up the earlier the better.

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalPalaceGirl View Post
    Yeah, those durned Canadians having it on a different day! It's un-american, I tells ya!

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    Or Native American.

Kind of was the beginning of the end for them.

Let's restrict bashing to Disney matters and not throw terms like that around - if even at all - to people who might not be sympathetic to particular holidays.
    Thanksgiving rules! :P
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Yay! Disney's Christmas starts on my birthday!!!
    "To all who come to this happy place, welcome!"

They pushed back the date to make more of a halloween time push more than likely. Look at it this way. Our houses are not Disneyland but how many of us decorate for Christmas Nov 9th? Not many but how many leave the decor up after New Years? I am sure a few of us do. This is a chance to really enjoy Halloween Time for an extended period rather than a few weeks. I like the idea in general it is still the same amount of time just changed. Not to mention it starts on my sons B day thats a bonus for us.

• Hiding in the shadows

I think its great to start a bit later, especially since Thansgiving comers early this year and the span between that and Christmas is 33 days (last year there was only 26 days between the two). I love Halloween at Disneyland, and it would be nice to have a bit of a break between the two.

A little piece of heaven

holiday decorations question

Once, somebody at the park told me the decorations were done by volunteers. Can somebody here verify this story and are there any decorators reading here on MC ?

• Fighter Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Christmas Parade start a week later than the last few years, Friday, November 16th.

But don't expect all the decorations to be up until Nov. 16th.

later? wtf, its Nov 16th, not even Thanksgiving time, last time I check Dec was the xmas month, so the article should still say Xmas to start earlier, not later.

• Minion

I think that anyone who wants to see Halloween at Disneyland extended any later is out of their Gourd and the whole idea ought to be squashed.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeMan33 View Post
    later? wtf, its Nov 16th, not even Thanksgiving time, last time I check Dec was the xmas month, so the article should still say Xmas to start earlier, not later.
    The last few years, Disneyland started to offer Christmas events, including the nightly Fireworks with the snow effect, and all the decorations and stuff the first full weekend of November, this year it is a week LATER as in the second week of November.

Does it seem early, heck yes, but the point is the fact that some folks expected and already planned trips for the second week of November and now are rescheduling or just plain bummed due to Disney's decision.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Shubisha

Looks like a misprint in the roundup :P Says it'll start a week early this year but it's a week later. That's a 2 week difference! :-X Walt would never stand for this! I need to speak to a micechat lead..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast