Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

Re: The Rumored New Tomorrowland E-ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Kath2188 View Post
    Maybe it is my afternoon siesta...but...I read Codelyokorox's Time Machine (which would go along with "Jules Verne" theme) as the E-Ticket in the new stretched Berm location, NOT an idea for the People Mover.
    One positive on the Time Machine idea is that there could be countless experiences on the ride, as you never know where you will land when you go through a time machine.
    We already agreed that I had a brain lapse.

Heehee, I remembered afterward that the Peoplemover was a tour... O.o

• Closed Account

Pleaseeeeee let it be something kitschy with a jazzy little tune. I love that Tomorrowland.

Something like Adventure Thru Inner Space would be great though. Something really immersive on a grand scale. I'd love a ride involving robots somehow, like a tour of a robot factory gone wrong. The gone wrong factor is important though, otherwise it could be boring.

• Imagineering God

Ok, please, for the love of god before I shoot myself, get rid of Cartoonland. It's Tomorrowland...it's supposed to give the ideas of the future, not the cartoonization of the present.

Seriously...Imagineers, yea right! I'm 15 and I can do better than them for Christ's sake.

• When Will It Return?

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    Do people not read Al's updates anymore?!

http://miceage.com/allutz/al082807a.htm

Please guys, let's not derail the thread. Read that first if you haven't yet before posting for the 50,000th time about bringing back the PeopleMover.

Reading is important...gah.
    I'll probably get banned for saying this but I read Al's articles for the comedy of them, not to learn anything. If I want to post 50,000 times about bringing back the Peoplemover, then that's what I'm going to do. I'm not going to worry if it perfectly correlates or 100% goes against what the sacred Lutz articles say. Nothing is EVER official until it comes out of the mouse's mouth directly.

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

I would love to see Mission Space like whats at Epcot. That's a real E Ticket ride
    Janette

• is too darn hot.

In Al Lutz's latest update:

I don't know about you, but the prospect of a brand new e-ticket in Tomorrowland sounds really awesome.

Of course, Al's tidbit doesn't give us really any idea of what Tony Baxter has planned to go there...except that it will definitely be a good-sized attraction and that it will be an e-ticket.

So here's my question: what would you want to go there, and/or what do you think would go there?

I'd personally love to see a time-travel attraction (not tied to any films), being an original. This would also make for the part where the DLRR comes through to be very cool, because pretty much anything could be in a time-travel attraction.

I'd also like, and I also am thinking, that perhaps a WALL-E attraction might be thought of for the area. WALL-E is a very futuristic story, and my gut tells me that the film is going to make audiences think a little more.
    My first thought when I read that it incorporates the DLRR was time travel. Maybe incorporate the Grand Canyon and Primeval World dioramas, too?

Quote Originally Posted by codelyokorox View Post
    They're taking BTTF the ride outta Universal?! WHY? -sobs- Marty no!
    For a Simpsons ride utilizing Kuka arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevelbond View Post
    I'll be very excited as long as it isn't a Pixar based ride. Enough with those already. Give us something original.
    Pixar's original. :P
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Banned User

In Al Lutz's latest update:

A new PeopleMover on the existing track, as well as a big new futuristic E Ticket that would push the boundary of Tomorrowland out all the way to the edge of Harbor Blvd., with the Disneyland Railroad running right through the middle of it, is what Tony wants to see under construction before the end of this decade.
    This pleases me IMMENSELY. I cannot wait to see it happen.

More upgrades are planned for Pirates of the Caribbean, including the possible addition of Tia Dalma in the Blue Bayou scene, a return of one of the original turntable chase effects that was removed from the Chase Scene back in 1997, and a reworking of the final scene you encounter after you come back up the lift as your boat heads back to the dock.

I'll miss Zeb the Silent Old Timer In the Bayou Shack, but not that much. Not with my Caribbean Queen greeting everyone.

And let's hear it for randy pirates chasin' wimmin again! Arrrrrgh!

• Eeyore Jr.

Talking Re: The Rumored New Tomorrowland E-ticket

I don't have a specific idea, but wouldn't a "Meet the Robinson's" themed ride fit in well in Tomorrowland? I know, I know, it wasn't a mega hit movie (although it did better than some others), but that shouldn't stop Tony from considering the idea. Plus, it isn't Pixar!

Here are my ideas:
    1) Guests visit a colony on another planet. Most of this planet is uninhabiltable, but the small man-made dome houses a city for colonists and researches. There is a a high-tech, futuristic zoo that contains exotic and extinct animals, many of which have been genetically engineered to be smart -- too smart. You tour the facilities, but of course, at some point, things go wrong, and the animals start taking over the dome city. An important part of the attraction is the pre-ride part, where guests are running through corridors and so forth, away from monsters, just like Star Trek in Vegas (of course, there would be a castmember following the group to pick off any chicken exiters). At some point, the system decides to self-destruct itself (because whenever these crazy animals take over, that is the protocol). Now the guests must make their escape. Eventually, the guests get into their ride vehicles, which are actually escape pods. They blast off the small planet, and watch as the dome explodes.

You can even tie it in with the Dinosaur diorama, at least loosely. I would use the Innoventions building as part of the attraction.

2) A space elevator. This attraction would allow guests to travel to space on an elevator (this is a real futuristic concept being tossed around by scientists and engineers now -- not just fantasy). At some point the elevator would fail somehow. The only problem with this is that we already have Tower of Terror and Maliboomer. If this attraction were made, it would have to do something totally different than just dropping down.

3) Autopia 2.0. In this attraction, guests drive a time travel car from the future. It puts them 100 years into the future. In the future, the road ways are crazy, and mostly in the sky (think Star Wars Episode 2). The cars would fly, they would not run on gasoline. The city would be spectactular. Most of the ride (if not all) would be housed in a series of show buildings, some of which would be where Autopia sits now.

The way the cars would work is that they would be enveloped by a sphere. Projectors would shine on the sphere from the outside, and paint a virtual world about the guests 360* around. The unique thing about this is that EVERY car gets it's own envelope. And the cars could still theoretically be on an actual track (instead of just a motion simulator).

4) A space craft hangar. The circular space crafts are boarded by about 12 guests each, who man various turrets and controls, and fly the crafts. That's right folks. The guests would be the actual crew of their craft. The crafts would be motion simulators of course. Various crafts would interact with other, and there would even be video feeds from one to the other. So your 12 year old child could be seen on the screen of another craft, tauting them. (There would have to be some kind of censorship of course). A castmember would serve as the firstmate, and would pick a guest to be the captain: "Our captain went missing during the initial attack. You look to be the most qualified to replace him!" Two teams of crafts would fight in a battle. The crews would actually be shooting at each other, and real-time video would be generated by powerful computers to display the sights into the window of the bridge.

• Stop That!

With Horizons at Epcot gone they have plenty of futuristic animatronics and props to work with... I'd like to see a ride that has actual sets, not just a projected movie.

And please oh please not a clone! (Mission: Space )

• is too darn hot.

What's wrong with Mission: Space? I'd love to see that in Tomorrowland. It's what Tomorrowland is all about.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Imagineering God

Uhhh...or they could take the easy way out and put ExtraTerrorestrial Alien Encounter replacing Honey I Shrunk the Audience. I could also see an Epcot type ride inside the Innoventions building.
    Last edited by CostaFreak; 09-03-2007 at 06:19 AM.

• When Will It Return?

^ Unfortunately both of those have negative reputations, whether they deserved them or not, and that makes them highly unlikely to be cloned.

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

Meet The Robinsons rocked. I really loved it. But apparently I'm one of few. (not the first time! Heehee!)

I think a omnimover-type ride of visiting a robot factory gone wrong would be really really neat. And they could have their omnimover (without touching our Ariel ride! rawr!)

• The Great Tiki

Blog Entries

Ok --not going to happen -(way to expensive and not practical because the rumored sequel of a couple years back never happened.)

But i would have loved it. Stop the spinning building non-sense and turn Innoventions into TRON 2.0 1. Lightcyles --Simulators. Virtual reality Discs of Tron (ok so they haven't even invented it yet but oh so cool) so many ideas to explore.

Just do a remake already PLEASE ---now that 3-D animation is where it is we need a new Tron.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast