Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Re: The Rumored New Tomorrowland E-ticket

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    I'll probably get banned for saying this but I read Al's articles for the comedy of them, not to learn anything. If I want to post 50,000 times about bringing back the Peoplemover, then that's what I'm going to do. I'm not going to worry if it perfectly correlates or 100% goes against what the sacred Lutz articles say. Nothing is EVER official until it comes out of the mouse's mouth directly.

-- PMM
    I don't think Al's articles are the word of God or anything, but his last article was what I used as a basis for this discussion.

If you want to start a new thread about the PeopleMover, go right ahead! I want something on those tracks as badly as anyone else. But I made this thread for a different topic

BassBone, I was thinking that as well-incorporating the dioramas. My biggest concern would be tampering with the classic sets, though. If I were to make a new TL attraction that involved dinosaurs, I'd probably want newer, more up-to-date-scientific designs for my sets and creatures.

Considering that Tony would want the DLRR to go through, I wonder what the idea for the physical set-up is in terms of DL's geography. Does anyone know exactly where the dioramas are located in terms of Tomorrowland?

Maybe they plan on ripping them out if they get in the way... (Though, to be honest, I wouldn't be too upset to see all that taxidermy go away.)

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Go ahead and kill me for this one, but I'd love to see Autopia removed and have a different attraction replace it.

...Joe...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
    Go ahead and kill me for this one, but I'd love to see Autopia removed and have a different attraction replace it.

...Joe...

(ok, start shooting me, too)

Everybody together now......

Misson.
    Space.
    BRYANT - MEGADISNEY
    Owner/Travel Advisor - Magical Partners Travel
    Walt Disney Company Stockholder
    D23 Charter Member

• Banned User

mission space is garbage and will never be cloned in a theme park anywhere in the world. I would love to see it get shut down at Epcot Center and be replaced with a real Space Pavillion.

• Minion

I'm not a fan of Mission: Space either. It was rather dull to be honest, and I felt terribly sick after riding it.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Infinitized!

I wouldn't mind seeing an updated Adventure Through Inner Space attraction coming back or Mission to Mars where images from the Spirit and Opportunity rovers could be utilized, tying it into Roving Mars. Is there enough room to perhaps build another mountain?

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    mission space is garbage and will never be cloned in a theme park anywhere in the world. I would love to see it get shut down at Epcot Center and be replaced with a real Space Pavillion.
    Thanks for your opinion of my father's work. I'll be sure to pass that along.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing an updated Adventure Through Inner Space attraction coming back or Mission to Mars where images from the Spirit and Opportunity rovers could be utilized, tying it into Roving Mars. Is there enough room to perhaps build another mountain?
    Why not just rip out the Pizza Port and restore it back to a theater?

Quote Originally Posted by idreamofjeani View Post
    Here are my ideas:
    1) Guests visit a colony on another planet. Most of this planet is uninhabiltable, but the small man-made dome houses a city for colonists and researches. There is a a high-tech, futuristic zoo that contains exotic and extinct animals, many of which have been genetically engineered to be smart -- too smart. You tour the facilities, but of course, at some point, things go wrong, and the animals start taking over the dome city. An important part of the attraction is the pre-ride part, where guests are running through corridors and so forth, away from monsters, just like Star Trek in Vegas (of course, there would be a castmember following the group to pick off any chicken exiters). At some point, the system decides to self-destruct itself (because whenever these crazy animals take over, that is the protocol). Now the guests must make their escape. Eventually, the guests get into their ride vehicles, which are actually escape pods. They blast off the small planet, and watch as the dome explodes.
    I forgot to mention that this attraction would be somewhat scary, but also somewhat humorous. At one point, the guests would be zipping around in a vehicle through various office buildings, trying to flee . They would see animals sitting at consoles, and pressing buttons etc. Their leader would be an ape. It would be a coordinated attack. (Which I find hilarious). You might for instance see an antelope with its front paws up on a console, and the leader ape directling him with apely shouts. You would also see people in labcoats who are tied up with packing tape, victums of the attack. Crazy idea.. but original(ish) right?

Disney had a tradition of making scary rides have an element of humor or silliness, and this would continue that same tradition.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FREQDUDE View Post
    Anything Mr Baxter can come up with would be just fine with me.

As a kid in the sixties and seventies, raising a family in the eighties and nineties, and still loving the park now, I've experienced all the versions of Tomorrowland. Sadly, with the version in place now, I feel as if my tomorrow will be dead and stale.

Motion, life, technology, excitement. These were what Disney's Tomorrowland promised. Now, I get to shoot at cartoons.
    Excellent point - well stated. I feel the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Is there enough room to perhaps build another mountain?
    There would be if the blasted Autopia was removed. That dang attraction is taking up VALUEABLE space! OUT WITH AUTOPIA I SAY!

...Joe...

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Just give me back my PeopleMover! As long as it returns, I am the happiest of campers! Anything else is icing on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    Just give me back my PeopleMover! As long as it returns, I am the happiest of campers! Anything else is icing on the cake.
    I whole-heartedly agree, Disneyland Daddy!

...Joe...

Btw, long time no talk! I'm glad to see you're alive and well!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
    Btw... long time no talk! I'm glad to see you're alive and well!
    I was thinking the same thing! I just PM'd ya!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast