Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

The Rumored New Tomorrowland E-ticket

In Al Lutz's latest update:

A new PeopleMover on the existing track, as well as a big new futuristic E Ticket that would push the boundary of Tomorrowland out all the way to the edge of Harbor Blvd., with the Disneyland Railroad running right through the middle of it, is what Tony wants to see under construction before the end of this decade.
    I don't know about you, but the prospect of a brand new e-ticket in Tomorrowland sounds really awesome.

Of course, Al's tidbit doesn't give us really any idea of what Tony Baxter has planned to go there...except that it will definitely be a good-sized attraction and that it will be an e-ticket.

So here's my question: what would you want to go there, and/or what do you think would go there?

I'd personally love to see a time-travel attraction (not tied to any films), being an original. This would also make for the part where the DLRR comes through to be very cool, because pretty much anything could be in a time-travel attraction.

I'd also like, and I also am thinking, that perhaps a WALL-E attraction might be thought of for the area. WALL-E is a very futuristic story, and my gut tells me that the film is going to make audiences think a little more.

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

Re: The Rumored New Tomorrowland E-ticket

I would love for something original. Something so imaginative that even I can't imagine it!

Something like.. WEll, I like your idea of a time travel attraction. That'd be cool. Maybe we can like, pass through Disneyland in the 50s in there too.

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    I'd personally love to see a time-travel attraction (not tied to any films), being an original.
    I nerded out until you specified not tied to any films. BTTF:TR is getting taken out of Universal, I have no outlet now that my obsession with the films has come to a head

I'd like to see...something exciting and new. Maybe a coaster. I really have no idea what they are planning, and I can't think of anything original myself. I have high hopes though!
    dreams. come. true.

• Laughing Last..

Anything Mr Baxter can come up with would be just fine with me.

As a kid in the sixties and seventies, raising a family in the eighties and nineties, and still loving the park now, I've experienced all the versions of Tomorrowland. Sadly, with the version in place now, I feel as if my tomorrow will be dead and stale.

Motion, life, technology, excitement. These were what Disney's Tomorrowland promised. Now, I get to shoot at cartoons.
    LOS ANGELES
    ANGELS
    OF ANAHEIM
    WHAT A STUPID NAME

CALIFORNIA ANGELS FOREVER

Baseball is our religion
    The stadium our cathedral
    Beer and peanuts our sacrament

I know this is waaay too much to ask for, but I always wanted a real Buzz Lightyear attraction. The ride vehicles are like hanging coaster cars designed to look like the Buzz jet packs. Not only would guests be able to spin them , but they would also tilt up and down. This would be an E-ticket with large sets and story elements. What you shoot wouldn't just be random. First it would be enemy ships as you approach Zurg's ship, then you shoot open doors, blast away security cameras, shoot robot guards, shoot open cell doors to free prisoners, etc etc. But most of all, it would be based around the Space Ranger Buzz Lightyear and not the toy.

I know this will never happen because the current attraction is popular enough to never tear it out and build a better version across the way.

As for real ideas...Time travel or something with aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by FREQDUDE View Post
    Anything Mr Baxter can come up with would be just fine with me.

As a kid in the sixties and seventies, raising a family in the eighties and nineties, and still loving the park now, I've experienced all the versions of Tomorrowland. Sadly, with the version in place now, I feel as if my tomorrow will be dead and stale.

Motion, life, technology, excitement. These were what Disney's Tomorrowland promised. Now, I get to shoot at cartoons.
    There's a great big horrible tomorrow...

They're taking BTTF the ride outta Universal?! WHY? -sobs- Marty no!

Back on subject: I think a new Peoplemover is in order. A time-traveling peoplemover would be sweet. Like at Knotts? They had that time-travelling ride? They took it out though... but something like that for the Peoplemover! It'd be really neat if they did it right.

To post above me: WHOA. I want your idea. NOW. That is so awsome. So so so awsome. Now my ideas feel lame, that's how awsome yours is.

• When Will It Return?

Let's bring the Peoplemover back first...then we can start going nuts digging out the berm...

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    Let's bring the Peoplemover back first...then we can start going nuts digging out the berm...

-- PMM
    Buahaha! Read my post, duded!
    Great minds think alike?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by codelyokorox View Post
    There's a great big horrible tomorrow...

They're taking BTTF the ride outta Universal?! WHY? -sobs- Marty no!

Back on subject: I think a new Peoplemover is in order. A time-traveling peoplemover would be sweet. Like at Knotts? They had that time-travelling ride? They took it out though... but something like that for the Peoplemover! It'd be really neat if they did it right.

To post above me: WHOA. I want your idea. NOW. That is so awsome. So so so awsome. Now my ideas feel lame, that's how awsome yours is.
    BTTF's last day is today, if anyone wants to jump in their car right now to get over to USH

A new PeopleMover is being planned as well...I don't think it would make for a good time-traveling attraction, considering that the purpose of the track is supposed to be a tour of Tomorrowland. The ride itself can't be anything heavily themed with a particular story or whatnot...it's to tour the attractions of the land and (hopefully) provide a futuristic type of transportation for the future.

I made this thread, however, to be for the big mystery ride we're getting...not for a pre-routed ex-attraction intended for revival There are so many PeopleMover threads...time for something a little different.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Do people not read Al's updates anymore?!

http://miceage.com/allutz/al082807a.htm

Please guys, let's not derail the thread. Read that first if you haven't yet before posting for the 50,000th time about bringing back the PeopleMover.

Tony has power now. We don't have to "wait" for this and that to happen first before anything else. This new ride is going to happen along with so many other wonderful things for the parks.

...and even if you don't want to read the article, in the quote in my original post, the PeopleMover is mentioned there too!

Reading is important...gah.

Do people not read Al's updates anymore?!

http://miceage.com/allutz/al082807a.htm

Please guys, let's not derail the thread. Read that first if you haven't yet before posting for the 50,000th time about bringing back the PeopleMover.

Tony has power now. We don't have to "wait" for this and that to happen first before anything else. This new ride is going to happen along with so many other wonderful things for the parks.

...and even if you don't want to read the article, in the quote in my original post, the PeopleMover is mentioned there too!

Reading is important...gah.
    I'm sorry!

Anyway, alright. I see your point. After I finished my post I was like, "Wait, I vaguely remember passing through a gift shop..." I was really young when it closed, so I barely remember it. I remember some kind of colorful... something? And the view into the giftshop. But that's it. So, let's get back on topic.

-rerails thread-

Hmm. Well, what we see is how much room we have, right? So we'd have to get rid of something... Right? or no?

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

BTTF's last day is today, if anyone wants to jump in their car right now to get over to USH
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
    I just screamed. I did. I'm gonna cry.

Marty, we'll miss you.
    Well okay, Marty wasn't actually in the ride at all....the talented Tom Wilson was though.

Biff, we shall miss you.

I'd actually like to see something along the lines of The Incredibles. Not the movie itself, mind you, nor something involving the characters, but something with that style the movie had--futuristic 1960's timelessness. I personally think all of TML should get remade in this style to celebrate the kitchy-ness of YesterTomorrowland, but still keeping an eye on future technology. That would rock
    dreams. come. true.

• Frrrrrrunkis~!

I'll be very excited as long as it isn't a Pixar based ride. Enough with those already. Give us something original.

Quote Originally Posted by BellhopPrincess View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
    I just screamed. I did. I'm gonna cry.

Marty, we'll miss you.
    Well okay, Marty wasn't actually in the ride at all....the talented Tom Wilson was though.

Biff, we shall miss you.

I'd actually like to see something along the lines of The Incredibles. Not the movie itself, mind you, nor something involving the characters, but something with that style the movie had--futuristic 1960's timelessness. I personally think all of TML should get remade in this style to celebrate the kitchy-ness of YesterTomorrowland, but still keeping an eye on future technology. That would rock
    I feel so horrible now. Martttyyyy Biiiiiffff! -sobs-

I liked the 60s version. Very future-delic, baby, yeah!

I really like that idea though.

• Eeyore smiling

Maybe it is my afternoon siesta...but...I read Codelyokorox's Time Machine (which would go along with "Jules Verne" theme) as the E-Ticket in the new stretched Berm location, NOT an idea for the People Mover.
    One positive on the Time Machine idea is that there could be countless experiences on the ride, as you never know where you will land when you go through a time machine.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast