Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

PHOTO UPDATE 8/31-9/1: Marathon set-up, Fort Wilderness, Gallery, TSM!, +MORE!

Went to the Resort this hot, hot weekend for a few hours each day. The heat was awful, and felt completley drained after only a few hours in the park... I don't want to know how the people who toughed it out all day felt. We saw a lot of medics running around, likely helping people who were getting ill from the heat and dehydration. Hopefully most people were keeping themselves well watered, especially their children!

Anyway, on to the update!

WELCOME TO DISNEYLAND!
    HALF-MARATHON WEEKEND

Stuff for tomorrow's Half-Marathon was already up on Friday and Saturday...

In the Timon Lot, the Arc de Triomphe was up, and decorated with signage featuring Remy and Emile from Ratatouille.

Directional and informational signs were up around the Downtown Disney and in front, and inside of parks, letting guests know park operating hours, and where things like the Fitness Expo were.

...A quick look at the waitboard on Saturday afternoon... notice the dorky new sign for dining help.

FORT WILDERNESS & RIVERBELLE TERRACE
    Over on Tom Sawyer Island, Fort Wilderness is once again taking shape. It's looking different than it did before it was torn down, with squared logs of wood, instead of natural logs.

A peek behind the construction wall...

Back on the Frontierland mainland, the Riverbelle Terrace is under refurbishment. And it looks like there is a dishwasher overthere on the outdoor patio... Looks like the Riverbelle kitchen is getting some upgrades

A view of some Riverbelle work from Tarzan's Treehouse...

TARP GALLERY
    The former Disney Gallery has been all covered up by tarps now...

The banners advertising the Gallery's last exhibit are finally off the lampposts in New Orleans Square:

Construction on the Gallery elevator is still on-going, despite the Gallery having closed. Not much can really be seen of the elevator construction since the elecator is being tucked back between Tarzan's Treehouse and the Pirates of the Caribbean building.

It appears that the plans for the elevator are just hangin out on a table over next to the Gallery staircase.

But you can see some evidence of construction if you peer through the trees while you're high up in Tarzan's Treehouse...

...An interesting thing happened when we were coming into New Orleans Square from Frontierland on Friday. The Fantasmic! crew were testing the fog effects for the show, and it turned out to be really cool, and an effect that could lend itself quite well to a Halloween time atmosphere offering...

PIXIES AND MOTORBOATS
    Over in Fantasyland, work continues at the Castle shop...

And a new sign has been added

Over at the old Motorboat Cruise dock lagoon, the old camouflage tarps have been taken down. I don't know when this happened, but good riddance. I'm glad the work back there finally got finished... it looks much better.

I think it's odd that they decided to keep this little area of Motorboat lagoon... Would it have cost that much more money to fill it in? It's not like this area is all that nice looking, anyway and maybe some more shaded, spread out seating over here would have been nicer than the mess of tables on the dock? Oh well, it doesn't matter. The area looks good enough now anyway.

TOY STORY MANIA!
    Construction on Toy Story Mania! continues and funhouse mirrors have been added to the construction walls.

Is this framing for signage?

Insterestingly, the testing barges for Wonderful World of Color have been removed... Only a few buoys are in the water now...

And along the Performance Corridor, Year of a Million Dreams banners have replaced most of the Block Party Bash banners.

A LAST LOOK AT CHARACTER CLOSE-UP
    Chracter Close-up, one of the rooms at the Disney Animation pavilion at DCA is closing soon, so I thought it would be good to get some final shots of the place before it leaves for good. I think I've only seen characters in the room once since the room opened, but I liked the area because it also was used as a gallery space, which showed maquettes and art from upcoming Disney and Pixar releases.

Backdrops for Characters to pose in front of for photos...

I wonder what they're going to put in this room... it's the smallest exhibit/showroom in the Animation building, and is actually only really an exit lobby for the Animation Academy. The exit ramp for the Academy goes around the back of the Character Close-Up room, and guests leaving the Academy must go through the Character Close-Up room to exit.

Animation Academy exit ramp:

THIS & THAT
    The sky was amazing on Friday afternoon and lent itself quite nicely to some shots around the parks... The next 9 pictures can be clicked for higher resolution versions at their Flickr pages...

And a couple shots of some neat signage over at Fowler's Harbor:

...And finally, a celebrity sighting at the Haunted Mansion: Travis Barker formerly of Blink-182 with his family.

Alright.. that's it for this update. Thanks for looking

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 8/31-9/1: Marathon set-up, Fort Wilderness, Gallery, TSM!, +MORE!

Great shots as always, MG! I LOVE the shots with the fog machine going. I wish I would send you the thing that shall not be named, but I have to spread some more love around first. You certainly deserve a medal for going out in this miserable heat with the humidity. It was 105 when I went out last, and I'm just up the road.

Also...I FORGOT that they're running the half marathon tomorrow. Granted, it will be over by 10am...I think, but it will be well into the 90's by that point if I'm not mistaken. For those who are running, I hope you stay hydrated! It's gonna be HOT by 10 am.

I think this shot is amazing. If you pull the color out, this could almost be somewhere in Europe around the turn of the century. Those ladies in the hats really make the shot. (Sorry MG for messing with it a bit. I would love to see this in a sepia tone with some aging effects.)

Last edited by Mac Daddy; 09-02-2007 at 04:20 PM.

• Banned User

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 8/31-9/1: Marathon set-up, Fort Wilderness, Gallery, TSM!, +MORE!

Great shots, Master Gracey -- thanks for enduring the scorching summer heat and sharing the photos and update.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post
    Great shots as always, MG! I LOVE the shots with the fog machine going. I wish I would send you the thing that shall not be named, but I have to spread some more love around first. You certainly deserve a medal for going out in this miserable heat with the humidity. It was 105 when I went out last, and I'm just up the road.

Also...I FORGOT that they're running the half marathon tomorrow. Granted, it will be over by 10am...I think, but it will be well into the 90's by that point if I'm not mistaken. For those who are running, I hope you stay hydrated! It's gonna be HOT by 10 am.

I think this shot is amazing. If you pull the color out, this could almost be somewhere in Europe around the turn of the century. Those ladies in the hats really make the shot. (Sorry MG for messing with it a bit. I would love to see this in a sepia tone with some aging effects.)

Thanks, LDF! And yeah, I loved that picture, too... I wish I could have gotten more like it at better angles, but by the time I realized the way it looked on the riverfront, the fog was already starting to disippate.

Oh well

Anyway, I uploaded a couple of the fog pictures to my Flickr page, including the one with the ladies with the hats... feel free to download the full-size images and play around with them, if you'd like!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Wonderful World

very cool update. Thanks for the pics.
    I'm back MiceChat

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Great pics!! I'm glad to see TSM coming along. Well, sort of.
    dreams. come. true.

• Goofy

wow the fog smog is perfect for halloween time. Thanks.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    ...And finally, a celebrity sighting at the Haunted Mansion: Travis Barker formerly of Blink-182 with his family.

Speaking of Travis Barker, he was recently spotted today going on Buzz Lightyear. I overheard some people saying thagt it was him. I observed people noticing him.

Wow! Amazing pictures! Espeically the fog shots, those are quite spectacular!

• Evaporate, tall person!

I live in the Inland Empire of Southern California..
    Blog Entries

Awesome pictures.. the fog looked really neat! Thanks for sharing!

DISNEYLAND: It even makes science geeks look cool!!

• Neep meep beep

Wonderful photographs, and a great update, as always! Thank you MasterG!

Speaking of Travis Barker, even HE goes on Pooh.
    So there!

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

ohhhhhh ahhhhhhh! Love the trip reports fotos!

• Minion

Folks, you may think you see a photo update, but all I see is

clouds,

clouds,

clouds,

and more clouds!!!

MasterGracey, I haven't the foggiest notion what is wrong with you. Some hazy decor decisions are clouding your vision.

- a big hahaha

Naah, I kid, you done us good again, MG. Despite all the murkiness.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

Quote Originally Posted by evieelizabeth View Post
    Wow! Amazing pictures! Espeically the fog shots, those are quite spectacular!
    I agree. Amazing shots of the fog effects! I came across the end of the fog test this afternoon and tried to get some pictures, but nothing quite like your shots MG.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast