Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Open Up That Golden Gate?

Here's an idea: Since the Golden Gate Bridge will be likely be disappearing from its location at the entrance of DCA (yay!), I was wondering if there is any sense in relocating it to the "bay" - - either to the bridge that goes from the "San Francisco area" to the "wharf area" - - or the bridge between "San Francisco" and Paradise Pier - - that way you could have the fun of walking across the Golden Gate and it would actually lead to San Francisco (of sorts) - - also it would look weenie-ish there. Or is it already too much cluttered with all the Paradise Pier things...?

What do you think?
    Last edited by merlinjones; 09-03-2007 at 02:03 PM.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Re: Open Up That Golden Gate?

Personally I'd like to see a new Monorail station built behind California Screamin' with the Golden Gate Bridge located there as the terminal. Then create a walkthru underneath Screamin' that leads out into Paradise Pier.

...Joe...

• Banned User

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<obje...mbed></object>

Sorry, thread title just made me think of this.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I think the Golden Gate Bridge should be represented physically in some form at DCA...I think the biggest problem would be making it look nice wherever it is. The actual bridge isn't very pretty, in coloring or anything (which was also reflected in what we have currently). If a new GGB is going to be built for DCA, it's going to need to have a little more aesthetic appeal.

I don't think the Golden Gate Bridge is ugly. It's a heck of a lot prettier than the Bay Bridge, San Mateo Bridge, and the Richmond/San Rafael Bridge.

All they'd have to do is extend it instead of scrunching it up like they have it now. It almost looks right now like it was added at the last minute to an area that didn't have any room. Like somebody said, "Hmmmmmmm, something needs to go in this little spot to cover up the bareness. Oh, I know! Let's put the Golden Gate Bridge in there!" Then they made it small and voila, you have the crud replica that's there now.

...Joe...

• Once A Skip Always A Skip

Quote Originally Posted by TiaDalmaFan View Post
    Sorry, thread title just made me think of this.
    Ok, I'm glad I wasn't the only one.
    -"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

One thing they could do is something similar to the Brooklyn Bridge at the New York, New York Hotel in Las Vegas. It would be an improvement, plus I think the Golden Gate Bridge is beautiful, even the coloring.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Thumbs up Re: Open Up That Golden Gate?

Quote Originally Posted by Anders View Post
    One thing they could do is something similar to the Brooklyn Bridge at the New York, New York Hotel in Las Vegas. It would be an improvement, plus I think the Golden Gate Bridge is beautiful, even the coloring.

Great idea! I love it! Thanks for the cool picture, too!

...Joe...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
    Personally I'd like to see a new Monorail station built behind California Screamin' with the Golden Gate Bridge located there as the terminal. Then create a walkthru underneath Screamin' that leads out into Paradise Pier.

...Joe...
    Sounds strangely famailar to an actual concept reportedly pitched a couple of years ago. Maybe Weiss can dig it out again.

• Circle of Ancients

I think DCA NEEDS a Monorail station. Not only to connect it with Disneyland, but if the 3rd park ever does get built, the back of DCA would be the perfect place to put a station for a 2nd line that goes from DCA to the 3rd park.

Although, I'm not sure behind Screamin' is the best place. I'd say more over in the area where the McDonalds is now. This way you can access the Paradise Pier and GCH from the Monorail as well. But that really wouldn't leave too much distance between the 3rd station and the DtD station.

• Circle of Ancients

Here's my thought:

The RED is the current Monorail Line. Most of that line would remain.
    The YELLOW line is the new extention. Once the Monorail gets to DCA it would continue behind TOT into Cars Land around Paradise Pier to the new monrail station that is PINK. This would be the new DCA, Paradise Pier and GCH station.

From there it would follow the path from the parade corridor, back through Cars Land, through Hollywood and then turn onto the existing route going back to the DtD station which is ORANGE.

Of course, this is if you want 3 stations. You 'could' ditch the DTD station and forget the 2nd loop around DCA. But it's so easy to catch the monorail and get into Disneyland from Lost Bar, I'd hate to see it go.

• Off to Neverland

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
    Personally I'd like to see a new Monorail station built behind California Screamin' ...Joe...
    YES!
    I've been wanting a monorail stop in that park FOREVER! lol.
    I'm sad the bridge will be gone

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

What's wrong with the GG Monorail bridge? I really like it, and will be sad once it's removed. I really do think it's pretty. It just needs a paint job to freshen it up, IMO.

At the same time, I'm not sure it could/would fit in too well over by PP/San Fran. area. Maybe it would. IDK.

• Minion

I think the design of the actual GG bridge is pretty easy on the eyes. Having walked across it, I have an even greater fondness for it. I'm sorry they are going to remove their version of that iconic landmark.

Ha, that would be so funny if they actually built the San Mateo Bridge instead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast