• Old Timer

Cool Mad Dogs and Englishmen

Wish me luck. I'm heading out to the Park now. I figure that it can't be any worse than my air conditionless home. I'll probably find a cool corner, get something to drink and relax. I just feel sorry for Maggie Mae, my Maine **** cat. There's not much I can do for her. Cool water and a fan only go so far...

If I survive to pass this way again, I'll let you know how it was.

• Pirate love

Re: Mad Dogs and Englishmen

Luck!
    ... poor kitty.

• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn, Renaissance Woman View Post
    Wish me luck. I'm heading out to the Park now. I figure that it can't be any worse than my air conditionless home. I'll probably find a cool corner, get something to drink and relax. I just feel sorry for Maggie Mae, my Maine **** cat. There's not much I can do for her. Cool water and a fan only go so far...

If I survive to pass this way again, I'll let you know how it was.
    I thought this was going to be a post about Joe Cocker
    THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

• insufferable know-it-all

Good luck with that, lemme know how it goes!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

You're nutty--it's gonna be hotter than the Devil's Underpants out there! Good Luck, though, Lynn!!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by tahoebob54 View Post
    Stick around. It isn't done yet.

• Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by tahoebob54 View Post
    The quote is from a different musician - Noel Coward. "Mad Dogs and Englishmen go out in the noonday sun".

I did survive, but I wimped out. I didn't actually go into the Parks. I walked into the lobby of the Grand Californian and decided not to go any further. I sat in their comfy chairs, got something to drink and read my Dresden Files book.
    I joined my brother for dinner at Storytellers Cafe where I had their Cobb salad, which is always good. Then I went back to the lobby and listened to a long time favorite, Kim Olsen, play and sing for the kids around the fireplace. A bit before 9pm, I figured it had to have cooled down a bit at the beach and headed home. Maggie was sprawled on her back under the ceiling fan, but hanging in there. And it was much cooler.
    So my trip was a success.

• Minion

Well, I hope you can make it out next Sat. to the wine cellar. Hope to see you soon. Miss talking with you & Lori.

Dawn
    Don't torture yourself, Gomez. That's my job.

• A Ghost at Disneyland

Remember, 5:30pm! It'll be cool down in the Cellar. Sorry to hear your summertime has been so nuclear hot down there in socal. I remember back in 1979 the electric utilities were clamoring to build new plants because they were running at 75% of capacity.

Now CA routinely runs at 98-99% of electrical capacity - utter madness. (Which is going to burn out the entire grid.) So when your electricity goes out, go punch a Sierra Club member. It won't get the electricity back on but you'll feel better.

And yes I am just joking about punching the environmentalists, though they deserve it in my opinion for blocking the construction of nuclear power plants by making them too expensive. (You've got to admire their strategy. Brilliant!)

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

You should have gone into the park. I bet it is a lot cooler today in Anaheim. Here in Newport Beach right now the fog is starting to roll in a little bit which means it should be considerably cooler than it was yesterday over there!

• Old Timer

Actually, we've been lucky so far. This has been the first really hot week of summer. It always seems to happen right when school goes into session. I just pray that we don't get bad Santana winds. The fire danger is enormous.