Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: BCC's Half Marathon Trip Report!

Okay...I ran the half-marathon last year, and had a way better experience!!! It was freaking hot. I finished in 3 hours and 11 minutes, last year I did it in 2 hours and 53 minutes. I ain't sugar coating nothing, between the heat and humidity. Now mind you I am a Las Vegas native for over 26 years of my life, so I am use to dry heat. When you are running by and people are passed out all over the place, makes you kinda worried. It was freaking hot at 6 am in the morning. I have done a full marathon, and it was less painful! Yeah it was cool running through the parks and things, but after mile 4 it was brutal. Plus, I hope the move it back to mid-September, I did not like Labor Day weekend to have to run!

• 1stOfficial Rider on Nemo

Quote Originally Posted by Duck44 View Post
    Congrats to everyone who ran.

My brother and I ran. He finished 2hr 6min. I had trouble between mile 11 and 12. The heat really got to me but I had a strong last mile and finished just over 2hr 14min.

Can't wait to do it next year.

Sidenote: we got back to hotel, cleaned up and made it to park just after opening and stayed till closing. Yes...I am sore, but the beer helped.
    This was my first running event ever and I have not been much of a runner before if there was not a ball of some kind involved. I finished in 2hr and 53 munites and I was very proud to have finished at all. I went back to the room, showered , took a short nap and was headed to the park by noon, and yes, a couple of beers from Tortills Joes helped me! I am still a little sore tonight, maybe I should have a beer!
    I was in the Magic Kingdom, now I'm in the Carribbean.
    You get something really wicked, when you spend an E-Ticket!

~The Vandals "Pirates Life"

Quote Originally Posted by Candlegal25 View Post
    Okay...I ran the half-marathon last year, and had a way better experience!!! It was freaking hot. I finished in 3 hours and 11 minutes, last year I did it in 2 hours and 53 minutes. I ain't sugar coating nothing, between the heat and humidity. Now mind you I am a Las Vegas native for over 26 years of my life, so I am use to dry heat. When you are running by and people are passed out all over the place, makes you kinda worried. It was freaking hot at 6 am in the morning. I have done a full marathon, and it was less painful! Yeah it was cool running through the parks and things, but after mile 4 it was brutal. Plus, I hope the move it back to mid-September, I did not like Labor Day weekend to have to run!
    Congrats on finishing. I'm a walker and compared to my time, 3:27, your time is great! I was just hoping to be done under 3:30. That's interesting that you said it was harder than a full marathon. The longest I've walked is 16 miles and this 13.1 was SO much harder than even that. I'm doing a full in San Francisco next month (my first!) so it should be nice and cool - yea!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123