Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Splash Mountain addict.

Off-Property Hotel recommendations?

Hello all!

Normally I stay on property when I go to Disneyland, but a friend of mine and I are going down after Christmas for a pre-second semester of college trip and are looking for a nice hotel that doesn't cost as much as staying on property.

We were thinking of staying at the Hilton Anaheim...does anyone have any opinions on that hotel and/or an alternative? Proximity/Walking Distance to the park is a must, but hotels with dedicated shuttles are fine as well. Upscale hotels are preferred. Cleanliness is a plus!

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by mrderp; 09-04-2007 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Refined to help recommenders!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: Off-Property Hotel recommendations?

What type of thins are you looking forward, an upscale hotel?

One of the better bargains that comes up is the Hyatt Regency in Garden Grove, and you can usually get it from Hotwire and Priceline, though it is a bit of a gamble, but if you keep your raiting high enough, you shouldn't get stuck with a dud hotel.

Want something close and in walking distance?

And do you want room service?

Free breakfast and/or other meals?

Something clean, nice room, grounds and staff?

And how much do you want to spend?

And what are your exact dates, between Christmas and New Years, don't expect to find any deals, the first full week of January should be better, but you still have some kids of school (a lot of locals, but that doesn't effect hotels).

The more we know, the more we can help point you in the right direction.

One thing you might want to do is go to www.travelaxe.com and enter your dates and see which hotels look good to you (mainly price) and then ask us which one we prefer.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Best Western Park Place Inn

Cheap, clean and closest to the parks.
    BRYANT - MEGADISNEY
    Owner/Travel Advisor - Magical Partners Travel
    Walt Disney Company Stockholder
    D23 Charter Member

• Don't mess with the duck!

Good price, clean and close to the park, HoJo has always been god to us. Plus, it's right next to Mimi's (yum!)

• Mickeyfan3

We stayed at the Tropicana Inn and Suites, which is right across the street from the parks, next to a Best Western I think. That was Nov 2003, and they were about to overhaul the entire thing. It was clean and comfortable, they were very nice. From what I've heard from others, it's gotten much better.

Also includes a continental breakfast....

We'll be staying there again in November.........
    http://www.tropicanainn-anaheim.com/rooms.asp#dqueen
    Counting the minutes......next trip ??????!!!! (to far away!!!)
    That is current Puppy in Training for Guide Dogs for the Blind, TIKI!!!!
    Hoofprints On the Heart Adaptive Riding Center

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Try to get a place on Harbor it's easier to walk over to the parks than the surrounding hotels on other streets.

• Minion

The Candy Cane Inn, the Carousel or The Park Place are all good ones.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    What type of thins are you looking forward, an upscale hotel?

One of the better bargains that comes up is the Hyatt Regency in Garden Grove, and you can usually get it from Hotwire and Priceline, though it is a bit of a gamble, but if you keep your raiting high enough, you shouldn't get stuck with a dud hotel.
    Great suggestion. A freind of mine came down from San Jose a couple of weekends ago and stayed Friday night there and only paid $55.

• I'm baaaaccckkk!

Blog Entries

I DONT recommend Peacock Suites... Some family was up from out of state and stayed there because they were doing more of a Disney vacation than a "visit family" vacation.. but anyway we met them in the parks one day and I started to feel pretty ill so I went back to their hotel. The room was clean and beds were comfy but you could here everything going on around you, and it was not within walking distance of the park...
    <3 Chloe

I have a question to add to this...We are going to stay at the Carosuel in November a Wed to Sunday. Thursday we will go in Early Entry. Since we are staying at a Good Neighbor and not at one of the DLR Hotels, Will we still be able to get in the park on Saturday for Early Entry? I know that our tickets are good for one EE, but that staying at a DLR Hotel we would get EE for all the days offered during our stay. I am hoping we still get EE privelages even though we are staying at a Good Neighbor. Thanks in advance for any information.

As far as I know, the early entry is tied to your ticket, not your hotel (at least when staying at non-Disney hotels.) So if it's only good for one early entry, you shouldn't be able to do it again. Unless they don't keep track of when you used your early entry.

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

ha ha , you don't want my suggestion ,

we always stay at the Quality Inn , right around the corner on Manchester street , you can see the park from the hotel , it's actually right near the Howard Johnson hotel

it's only a 2 star , but for $59 per night , it saves some money for the parks...

My Maleficent tattoo

Quote Originally Posted by wufners View Post
    As far as I know, the early entry is tied to your ticket, not your hotel (at least when staying at non-Disney hotels.) So if it's only good for one early entry, you shouldn't be able to do it again. Unless they don't keep track of when you used your early entry.
    Thanks - I was thinking it is the case that it is tied to the park ticket. When we have stayed at the DLH we were given the voucher for purchase of meals and incidentals during our stay. The purchases get charged back to your card on file. We were told that was our "ticket" to the park for EE, but everytime we went for EE they did not ask for it and when we did show it they just shrugged it off. That lead me to believe the ticket must be encoded with some part of the intinerary. It is probably worth a call to the hotel to find out for sure.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RPerez3 View Post
    I have a question to add to this...We are going to stay at the Carousel in November a Wed to Sunday. Thursday we will go in Early Entry. Since we are staying at a Good Neighbor and not at one of the DLR Hotels, Will we still be able to get in the park on Saturday for Early Entry? I know that our tickets are good for one EE, but that staying at a DLR Hotel we would get EE for all the days offered during our stay. I am hoping we still get EE privileges even though we are staying at a Good Neighbor. Thanks in advance for any information.
    You will get ONE Early Entry if your ParkHopper is marked for it. The security checkpoints open around 30 minutes prior to Early Entry. For example, the park officially opens at 8 AM, so that makes Early Entry start at 7 AM. The security checkpoints should be open and allowing guests in at 6:30 AM. Just leave the hotel around 6:15 AM and take the short walk to the Main Entrance Plaza.

The Turnstile computers will keep track of the Early Entry (to be renamed Magic Mornings in 2008) so if you tried a second day, you would be refused and asked to stand in the Main guests lines (the center part of the turnstile area) and wait until official opening.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    You will get ONE Early Entry if your ParkHopper is marked for it. The security checkpoints open around 30 minutes prior to Early Entry. For example, the park officially opens at 8 AM, so that makes Early Entry start at 7 AM. The security checkpoints should be open and allowing guests in at 6:30 AM. Just leave the hotel around 6:15 AM and take the short walk to the Main Entrance Plaza.

The Turnstile computers will keep track of the Early Entry (to be renamed Magic Mornings in 2008) so if you tried a second day, you would be refused and asked to stand in the Main guests lines (the center part of the turnstile area) and wait until official opening.
    Thanks Darkbeer. I was so hoping that the EE was extended to Good Neighbor Hotels.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast