Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• SuperDork

What "A,B,C' ticket rides would you add to DL?

I was just reading the Keel Boat post and thinking about what cool things could be added at a relatively low cost, to enhance Disneyland. I would love to hear what small attractions you all can think of...rides, educational displays, entertainment, etc. Things to suck up crowds and just be plain fun.

• People move me

Re: What "A,B,C' ticket rides would you add to DL?

In adventureland they could make a tiger pit that people fall into and they have to wait 45 mins before a poacher can get them out.......
    Dont be frightend, I'm just a friendly Monster....

• SuperDork

Now we're thinking!!

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

Restore some of the boat rides that were senseleselly cut away...the Motor Boat Cruise and Keelboats, namely. These add a lot of atmosphere.

• Basking in birthday love

The rivers could definitely use something new. A little mini-zoo featuring exotic animals (snakes, lizards, birds, stuff that doesn't need a ton of room) would be fun in Adventureland, but where oh where would you put it? That area is so narrow.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• SuperDork

I loved the motorboats. As a kid I didn't even notice the boats were on tracks! What a goof. But, I was so sad when they took them out. At night, they were the best!

• Be-Bop Bear

Avondale, AZ (but wishing I was in Anaheim...)

Quote Originally Posted by jenlynn
    Things to suck up crowds and just be plain fun.
    That's exactly what's been wrong with Disneyland pre-CM Matt. Many of the little attractions were removed because they didn't score big on opinion polls. Those In Charge didn't think it was necessary to put out the money to keep the smaller attractions running because, supposedly, the public didn't care for them.

But those little attractions were what kept the crowds in check. And with FastPass becoming the prefered way to see Disneyland, people have no where to go.

Note to TDA: Everything in life isn't an E Ticket. It's the little things that make life special.

(Hmmm, quite a rant for so early in the morning... )
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind!

• Minion

(mispost - see next one)

• Minion

Old ABC-type attractions that should return:

Sleeping Beauty Castle - - Do something new with the walk-thru, like the stained glass and tapestries of Disneyland Paris - - or a meet and greet for Aurora in her throne room or bedroom. Or bring back the original Earle diroamas.

Swiss Family Treehouse - They must return for the remake.

Capatin Hook's Pirate Ship and Skull Rock - - how about as a playland?

Motor Boat Cruise - - Why not?

Skyway - Definitely.

PeopleMover - nuff said.

Rocket Jets - Back where they belong.

Adventure thru Inner Space - - A psychedelic sci-fi classic updated with state of the art efx.

CircleVision 360 - - A Digital projection version will match better screen-to-screen...We need some patriotic Americana in Disneyland again.

Main Steet Cinema - - Follow through on those plans to make it a comfortable screening room for Disney classics.

Keel Boats

Indian Village - - Pocahontas themed?

Carousel of Progress - back from WDW

Country Bear Jamboree - out of storage, back in new location

New ones (add new Fantasyland village expansion where Theatre is now):

Cinderella dark ride - magically change to mouse size, take the key to the attic to help Cinderelly - light drop for finale - - watch out for Lucifer!

Little Mermaid dry-for-wet dark ride

Aladdin magic carpet simulator - like at DisneyQuest, but bigger (not the Dumbo spinner)

Uncle Scrooge's Money Bin/dark ride - - save Scrooge's dime from Magic deSpell and the Beagle Boys - - a kiddie Indiana jones for ToonTown

Mickey and the Beanstalk dark ride - - Steal back the magic harp and escape before the giant gets you - cool scale gags - Toontown

Sleepy Hollow dark ride (Walt wanted this at WDW) - ride with Ichabod from Headless Horseman

Sleeping Beauty dark ride (in Walt's plans for WDW) - - escape from the dungeon with Phillip and fight Dragon to rescue sleeping princess

Babes in Toyland dark ride (also on Walt's WDW plan scetches) - - shrink to toy size and lead toys against Barnaby.

Nightmare Before Christmas dark ride - proven popular with HM makeover.

TRON light cycles - immersive game grid

• Minion

hmmm...nightmare before christmas ride sounds interesting... and I would love to see the return of some of the old attractions (especially the Country Bears to replace that dreaful Pooh attraction)

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones
    Old ABC-type attractions that should return:

Sleeping Beauty Castle - - Do something new with the walk-thru, like the stained glass and tapestries of Disneyland Paris - - or a meet and greet for Aurora in her throne room or bedroom. Or bring back the original Earle diroamas.

Swiss Family Treehouse - They must return for the remake.

Capatin Hook's Pirate Ship and Skull Rock - - how about as a playland?

Motor Boat Cruise - - Why not?

Skyway - Definitely.

PeopleMover - nuff said.

Rocket Jets - Back where they belong.

Adventure thru Inner Space - - A psychedelic sci-fi classic updated with state of the art efx.

CircleVision 360 - - A Digital projection version will match better screen-to-screen...We need some patriotic Americana in Disneyland again.

Main Steet Cinema - - Follow through on those plans to make it a comfortable screening room for Disney classics.

Keel Boats

Indian Village - - Pocahontas themed?

Carousel of Progress - back from WDW

Country Bear Jamboree - out of storage, back in new location

Cinderella dark ride - magically change to mouse size, take the key to the attic to help Cinderelly - light drop for finale - - watch out for Lucifer!

Little Mermaid dry-for-wet dark ride

Aladdin magic carpet simulator - like at DisneyQuest, but bigger (not the Dumbo spinner)

Uncle Scrooge's Money Bin/dark ride - - save Scrooge's dime from Magic deSpell and the Beagle Boys - - a kiddie Indiana jones for ToonTown

Mickey and the Beanstalk dark ride - - Steal back the magic harp and escape before the giant gets you - cool scale gags - Toontown

Sleepy Hollow dark ride (Walt wanted this at WDW) - ride with Ichabod from Headless Horseman

Sleeping Beauty dark ride (in Walt's plans for WDW) - - escape from the dungeon with Phillip and fight Dragon to rescue sleeping princess

Babes in Toyland dark ride (also on Walt's WDW plan scetches) - - shrink to toy size and lead toys against Barnaby.

Nightmare Before Christmas dark ride - proven popular with HM makeover.

TRON light cycles - immersive game grid
    ^ ^ ^
    What he wrote. All of it!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Be-Bop Bear

Avondale, AZ (but wishing I was in Anaheim...)

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to merlinjones again.
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind!

Merlin Jones, that sounds amazing. But where would you put some of that stuff? Many of those things were removed and replaced with something else. I would love to ride Adventures through Inner Space, since it was taken down before I was born, but there's simply not room for it.

Oh, and as long as we're adding dark rides, I demand Beauty and the Beast. The only Disney film to be nominated for Best Picture deserves a tribute in the park. (Though I am always thrilled that Belle gets her own float in the parade and is one of the featured princesses in Fantasmic!)

• Minion

>>Merlin Jones, that sounds amazing. But where would you put some of that stuff? Many of those things were removed and replaced with something else. I would love to ride Adventures through Inner Space, since it was taken down before I was born, but there's simply not room for it.<<

Sure there is...

>>Sleeping Beauty Castle - - Do something new with the walk-thru, like the stained glass and tapestries of Disneyland Paris - - or a meet and greet for Aurora in her throne room or bedroom. Or bring back the original Earle diroamas.<<

Goes inside the castle - where it has always been - room at the top of stairs for meet and greet after windows are torn out.

>>Swiss Family Treehouse - They must return for the remake.<<

Obviously, treehouse returns to Robinsons after evicting Tarzan.

>>Captain Hook's Pirate Ship and Skull Rock - - how about as a playland?<<
    >>Motor Boat Cruise - - Why not?<<

I suppose it's one or the other in the Motor Boat cruise area - - I'd pick Pirate Ship - a cool thing for the monorail to go past and skyway to fly over (as it used to) - - more popular anyway.

>>Skyway - Definitely.<<
    >>PeopleMover - nuff said.<<
    >>Rocket Jets - Back where they belong.<<

Like the submarines, these all go right back where they belong - the space and/or infrastructure is still there...

>>Adventure thru Inner Space - - A psychedelic sci-fi classic updated with state of the art efx.<<

I'd relocate the pizza parlor to Tomorrowland Terrace/Club Buzz - - and ATIS would load in the former Mission to Mars building and ultiize the backstage "rocket theatre" area and the unused areas inside the Space Mountain Pavillion, where the dining area and Space Place kitchen used to be - should be plenty of room if you use all of that

>>CircleVision 360 - - A Digital projection version will match better screen-to-screen...We need some patriotic Americana in Disneyland again.<<

Where Honey is right now.

>>Main Steet Cinema - - Follow through on those plans to make it a comfortable screening room for Disney classics.<<

In the Cinema

>>Keel Boats<<

On the river - same old loading dock it always had

>>Indian Village - - Pocahontas themed?<<

on the unused portion of Tom Sawyer Island - or in place of fort wilderness.

>>Carousel of Progress - back from WDW<<

Lower level of Carousel theatre - upper remains innoventions (best of)

>>Country Bear Jamboree - out of storage, back in new location<<

Back where they belong, or at DCA.

>>Cinderella dark ride - magically change to mouse size, take the key to the attic to help Cinderelly - light drop for finale - - watch out for Lucifer!<<
    >>Little Mermaid dry-for-wet dark ride <<
    >>Aladdin magic carpet simulator - like at DisneyQuest, but bigger (not the Dumbo spinner)<<
    >>Sleeping Beauty dark ride (in Walt's plans for WDW) - - escape from the dungeon with Phillip and fight Dragon to rescue sleeping princess<<
    >>Babes in Toyland dark ride (also on Walt's WDW plan scetches) - - shrink to toy size and lead toys against Barnaby.<<

Best selection of these in the new Fantasyland village complex to replace Fantasyland Theatre (and part of backstage/ranch if necessary (open walkway through to Toontown/Frontierland as well) - also Belle's bookshop

>>Sleepy Hollow dark ride (Walt wanted this at WDW) - ride with Ichabod from Headless Horseman<<

Between Fantasyland and Frontierland - great transition. - Liberty Tree restaurant too. But this area would be better served by a new E-Ticket adventure!

>>Uncle Scrooge's Money Bin/dark ride - - save Scrooge's dime from Magic deSpell and the Beagle Boys - - a kiddie Indiana jones for ToonTown<<
    >>Mickey and the Beanstalk dark ride - - Steal back the magic harp and escape before the giant gets you - cool scale gags - Toontown<<

One or the other I suppose - in Toontown - ride backstage. Beanstalk would be a good transition between Fantasyland addition and Toontown - take out Gadget's coaster to connect the walkway on that end.

>>TRON light cycles - immersive game grid<<

Maybe Starcade could become TRON themed instead

>>Nightmare Before Christmas<<

Spook house dark ride loading in Paradise Pier/DCA (where they originally planned Monsters) - - then no more expensive mansion overhaul at xmas.

See almost all of it fits!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast