View Poll Results: What is the first thing you're doing on the 17th?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Waiting in the hub for the dedication ceremony, you know, if we actually get to see it.

27 43.55%
  • Get in line for Space Mountain!

10 16.13%
  • Get my cupcake. I'm going to be hungry.

6 9.68%
  • Eat something/go to the Blue Bayou.

2 3.23%
  • Ride _______. (please explain)

1 1.61%
  • Meet MiceChatters.

6 9.68%
  • Other (explain)

21 33.87%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Minion

I would go, no doubt about that, but I kinda live over 2,000 miles away in wonderful Michigan!

• HersHbe Productions©

Re: First things first! The 17th:

Quote Originally Posted by mcow1
    The way it sounds to get your "I was there" pin you get a voucher at opening and then have to go to Festival Arena to pick it up. So, I may go there first. I was thinking Space Mountain but I went on it Friday night after fireworks so now the pin comes first.
    Do you think the distribution of hats and cupcakes will set up in the Festival Arena? A special voucher obtained at the gate?

I cant wait for sunday. It'll be a blast. I'm not expecting much ride time on that day but its ok. Its Disneyland history and I'm lucky just to be attendence. Less than one week to go!!!

-SoarinCitrus

• Prefect

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mcow1
    The way it sounds to get your "I was there" pin you get a voucher at opening and then have to go to Festival Arena to pick it up. So, I may go there first. I was thinking Space Mountain but I went on it Friday night after fireworks so now the pin comes first.
    i have heard this as well. i'm just hoping there will be some left after the event on the 15th. i honestly can't believe they've made this pin a LE. i really think this one should've been an open edition.
    <o>

• See Ya Real Soon!

I the pin, I want to see any/all ceremony's. But since everythings seems to be so up in the air as to how things will happen, I have no idea what i am doing.

• Defeats the Huns

I'll be participating in the ceremony!
    "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR DISNEYLAND! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!"

lol. that's what i'll be doing!

• Know More Than You Should

Quote Originally Posted by disneyguy247
    Running to get a spot to the opening ceremonies! (while chomping down on my cupcake!)
    Exactly! And then heading to the Plaza Inn to meet MiceChatters!

I'll try to get a pin and then save a spot for the ceremony... but I'll be more than happy because I got into the park

• Basking in birthday love

Quote Originally Posted by pixie chick
    i have heard this as well. i'm just hoping there will be some left after the event on the 15th. i honestly can't believe they've made this pin a LE. i really think this one should've been an open edition.
    I hope the edition isn't too limited, in that they have a pin for everyone that wants one. It would really suck if they ran out.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak
    I hope the edition isn't too limited, in that they have a pin for everyone that wants one. It would really suck if they ran out.
    Here is the deal on the pin. It is one of very few merchandise pieces that is actually going to be dated July 17th 2005 (unless the free golden mouse ears are dated). It is limited to 5000 pieces, and approximately 500-800 are going to those (myself included) lucky souls that are attending the "50 years of Magical Memories" event.

More then likely, it is going to sell out very early.

The first thing I'm going to do on the 17th? I'm lining up with a bunch of other crazy people at 5AM to have breakfast in New Orleans Square at 6AM!
    Last edited by Circarama; 07-10-2005 at 04:56 PM.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Circle of Ancients

Going to Raging Waters.

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

I'll be there for the 50th event and will have my Space Mt fastpas. So first will be buying dated merchandise and then watching the ceremony.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• Basking in birthday love

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama
    Here is the deal on the pin. It is one of very few merchandise pieces that is actually going to be dated July 17th 2005 (unless the free golden mouse ears are dated). It is limited to 5000 pieces, and approximately 500-800 are going to those (myself included) lucky souls that are attending the "50 years of Magical Memories" event.

More then likely, it is going to sell out very early.
    Ah, thanks for the info. I don't collect pins anymore because it's a hobby that's a bit out of my budget, but this is one I want.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Minion

They will, there is only about 4000 of the "I WAS THERE" pins. (Limited edition of 5050 pins, approx 1000 presold in the RSP.)
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Where will the pin be availible July 17th?

• Minion

Ah, thanks for the info. I don't collect pins anymore because it's a hobby that's a bit out of my budget, but this is one I want.
    Good luck. I too reserved ours thru the RSP. I've heard both that they will be doing wristbands at 6am at the tram area on the East side or a voucher similar to the 5th. I keep thinking about those lines on the 5th wrapping around to the autopia to get pins.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast