View Poll Results: What is the first thing you're doing on the 17th?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Waiting in the hub for the dedication ceremony, you know, if we actually get to see it.

27 43.55%
  • Get in line for Space Mountain!

10 16.13%
  • Get my cupcake. I'm going to be hungry.

6 9.68%
  • Eat something/go to the Blue Bayou.

2 3.23%
  • Ride _______. (please explain)

1 1.61%
  • Meet MiceChatters.

6 9.68%
  • Other (explain)

21 33.87%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Basking in birthday love

Re: First things first! The 17th:

Can you still reserve pins? And will a reserved pin be held until later in the day, so I don't have to stand in the giant pin line?

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak
    Can you still reserve pins? And will a reserved pin be held until later in the day, so I don't have to stand in the giant pin line?
    You can see if they will still accept it. http://www.register123.com/event/pro...rPage=activity

Once you register, call them and ask if you can still get merchandise.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• I was deleted.

pixiechick.. I'm with you! As for you talking about the lines.. my friend got in line ASAP on the 5th and everyone built up lines later. So.... um, I'll be running around doing that. Not sure if my mom will do that too or camp out for the ceremony or both? I think I won't be able to see anything anyway... so I'm going for the pin that will last forever! Wish me luck...

• HersHbe Productions©

There will be lines miles long. The pin trading store (pre buzz) had a line that went all the way to the Matterhorn for a May 5th pin on the introductory day! sheez its gonna be crazy. I wouldn't miss it for the world.

The pin will available at all merchandise locations?

thanks again,
    -Sc

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by SoarinCitrus
    There will be lines miles long. The pin trading store (pre buzz) had a line that went all the way to the Matterhorn for a May 5th pin on the introductory day! sheez its gonna be crazy. I wouldn't miss it for the world.

The pin will available at all merchandise locations?

thanks again,
    -Sc
    I just checked out Dizpins:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizpins

"I Was There" Commemorative Pin

Limited Edition 5000
    Retail: $10.95
    Limit one (1) per Guest

Available at Festival Arena. Coupons for this pin's release will be distributed at the Park opening at Big Thunder Ranch in Frontierland. Limit one (1) Coupon for one (1) Pin per Guest.
    You can read it here about half of the way down.

The other week I had a DLR Merch. Mgmnt CM in my store. She told me about this set up for the Festival shop. Should be crazy!!!

so we go to BTR to get the coupon or is this where we purchase the pin? or do both? *very confused* lol

yea i was wondering the same thing!

• Man O Lantern

I'm renting a locker. Glamorous, no??

That day is all about survival and people-watching. After the locker rental, I'll probably try to get a fastpass for something or other. I hope to have ridden Space Mountain on either Friday or Saturday already, but if I haven't, I'll head straight there.

The other weird thing? I'd really like to ride Peter Pan by myself that morning. I never have and I'd like to.

• Social Imagineer

Well we'll be geeking out by having a huge group reading of Walt's Disneyland Dedication Plaque in Town Square, and then further nerding by all running across the Sleeping Beauty Castle drawbridge with hands waiving in the air after simultaniously proclaiming "Open the Fantasyland Castle in the name of the children of the world!".

Then we will embark on the DTDAQ, which should take us through to the noon mega-meet.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyguy247
    yea i was wondering the same thing!
    I will call and ask someone tomorrow or maybe Wednesday after the whole funeral thing is over and check for sure. But I would assume a coupon = pin for later to avoid 4000 in line at once? And then if not everyone claims theirs the rest will go on sale the next day or something? Or by a certain time?

I wish the "I was There" pin was not LE ... I mean doesn't it makes sense for everyone who was there that day should be able to get one? ... not nice

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    I will call and ask someone tomorrow or maybe Wednesday after the whole funeral thing is over and check for sure. But I would assume a coupon = pin for later to avoid 4000 in line at once? And then if not everyone claims theirs the rest will go on sale the next day or something? Or by a certain time?
    What I was told (and it may change without notice) was the vouchers would be available at the BTR, then you go to the Arena before 1pm to get the pin. But they also have said the vouchers would be in front of the Arena, or outside at the tram station at 6am. They have changed it 3 times in the last week.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Creative Director

Someone asked about the ceremony time-

I believe the castle ceremony is at 10 AM, and was told that it will mainly be for media. unless you are up close, you won't see much. (got to be there anyway, right?)
    I read somewhere that screens would be put up so crowds on Main street could see the ceremony, but I doubt that will happen. hmmmmm.

The 4:00 ceremony is the reading of the dedication plaque in Disneyland which is supposed to be broadcast throughout the whole park.
    4:00 is supposedly when Walt read the dedication on July 17, 1955.

• CM for 4 years!

I am going to be working first thing. After that, I am not at discretion to say. But I may be giving friends calls when I get off work to fill them in on my particular situation.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Still wants to be a cat!

I'll be preparing for a flight back to Orange County, once I arrive (late afternoon), I'll be calling fellow micechatters to find out the situation at the Park. Might just show up, if it's even possible that late in the day!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast