Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• the subs were cool maan

Atlantis Expedition: Imagineering Preperation Base

http://www.intercotwest.com/gallery/...&Next=60&Rev=0
    mmk i didnt kno they took the subs OUT for the atlantis tests....what ever happened to it? Did they just not approve of the budget bc Eisnerd didnt like the effects?
    Last edited by mp3piratesavvy; 07-10-2005 at 05:12 AM.

• Rainicorn.

Re: Atlantis Expedition: Imagineering Preperation Base

Do we really have to call him "Fagsner"?

Probably tested and was barred because of budget or put on a backburner.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

I do not in any way shape or form mean to offend homosexuals. I'm only exercising my First Amendment Rights..

• Rainicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by mp3piratesavvy
    I do not in any way shape or form mean to offend homosexuals. I'm only exercising my First Amendment Rights..
    Yeah, I know. I was jut saying. Call him whatever you want.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Banned User

please refer to those comments.. (children & parents read this...)

I remember hearing how they did that... my guess was thats what eventually turned into Nemo... (as when they did the tests.. it wasn't ready enough.. and the movie flopped..)

Everyone knows Disney wont build an attraction unl;ess the movie is good.. or the ride is a thrill ride...

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    please refer to those comments.. (children & parents read this...)

I remember hearing how they did that... my guess was thats what eventually turned into Nemo... (as when they did the tests.. it wasn't ready enough.. and the movie flopped..)

Everyone knows Disney wont build an attraction unl;ess the movie is good.. or the ride is a thrill ride...
    but what about Winnie the Poo?

hopefully no one will b mad that i said poo....lol jk

• Iron-Clad Allie

I affectionately refer to him as Eisnerd. Hope I din't offend any nerds out there. Also, I call him Licener because he needs to be deloused. There's really no defense for this one other than it's fun and to say.

The Atlantis expedition ride fell thru because the movie bombed. plain and simple. I liked the idea of the Test Track based second phase of the attraction. Rumor has it that Disney was going to originally use the subs to bring people into the cave. Once inside, guests would exit the subs, and board the TT based vehicles, then enjoy a ride on the order of Tokyo DisneySeas Journey To the Center Of the Earth - only with an Atlantis theme. A whole new mountain would have been constructed.

so where did the subs go after that? into *eisnerds* wallet?

• Banned User

the subs have since been sitting in the show building.... the budget for maintainence has been minimal to keep the building and lagoon standing...

the money for the project probably went into someone's bonus....

lol i ment after they *dropped ppl off* in the caves for the atlantis plan. Why did matt keep them in there? why didnt he bring 'em outside since he was planning a new ride there?

• Banned User

that is a rumor... no one knew exactly what they had planned.. certinly a new mountian would have messed up the old autopia... and i dont know if theur is enough room for a good ride to fit in there...

so just b/c it bombed at the box office means that the ride wouldnt work? I heard it's budget was 100 mil and they got back 85....thats not too bad. They'res been worse flops. And why didnt they just re-open it after they determined No atlantis makeover? Why didnt they just bust out old shat from the warehouses and make a makeshift atlantis ride or some bullspit like that? Are they truely that lazy/cheap?

• Basking in birthday love

Quote Originally Posted by mp3piratesavvy
    so just b/c it bombed at the box office means that the ride wouldnt work? I heard it's budget was 100 mil and they got back 85....thats not too bad. They'res been worse flops. And why didnt they just re-open it after they determined No atlantis makeover? Why didnt they just bust out old shat from the warehouses and make a makeshift atlantis ride or some bullspit like that? Are they truely that lazy/cheap?
    If a film doesn't earn at least what was spent to make it, it's a complete failure, as far as studios are concerned. Atlantis marked the beginning of the end for hand-drawn animation at Disney. I'm sure the studio heads would just as soon forget its existence. They probably assume that people would see an Atlantis ride and think, "Isn't that the movie that sucked really horribly? I think I'll go ride Matterhorn." Which, in all honesty, is probably the case. They've observed that the most successful rides at the park are based either on extremely solid concepts or extremely popular movies, and since there seems to be a dire shortage of new ideas at Disney, they've decided that it's safer to make attractions out of popular movies. The wild success of Nemo, compared to the monumental failure of Atlantis, made the former a much more logical choice for the space, as far as the execs were concerned, despite Atlantis' (slightly) better fit into the Tomorrowland theme.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

I realize that, but why couldnt they just re-open the classic submarine voyage once it was determined that the atlantis makeover was doo-doo?

• Iron-Clad Allie

Beacus most of us are interested in doing more than to try to turn Disneyland into a museum by preserving ancient "classic" attractioms foreverr - even Walt was against this disfunctional type of a dod doo pholpsophy. It's like saying, "All the other Disneylands are benefitting from modern new rides, but we can only have what was here around fifty years ago". Living strictly in the past makes one older, not younger.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-10-2005 at 05:10 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast