• DL Nerd

Count your blessings.

Over the weekend I had the (dis)pleasure of attending the local theme park here in Utah. This is the only theme park that we have nearby. Never have I been more appalled at the quality of rides, (ROFL) but also the apparent lack of cleanliness. There is nothing like looking overhead at a mesh screen designed to give you shade to see a couple dozen wads of gum where people have spit them out at the top of a ride. Or being on a "Skyway" and passing over a building and see the junk that people have thrown onto the roof of the building.

It was like somebody threw the worst part of all theme parks into one and gave it to Utah.

They actually ripped something off Disney. I was on the "Haunted House" Dark ride when I passed a Skeleton (or something) when it said to me in a REALLY Familiar voice...."You best start believing in ghost stories. You're in one."

HMMMM How clever of them....

Anyway, I just though I'd post and mention that Even though DCA is screwed up, and there are many other Issues @ DLR (*cough*Frontierland*cough*), DLR really is a REMARKABLE park and for those who are close enough to visit often, Really, count your blessings. Cherish what you have. You are REALLY Lucky. DLR is a top notch park and I applaud you all for your efforts in pointing out whats wrong with it. That means you care. One of the problems with the Park here is that no-one gives a crap anymore. It's THAT bad.

I get to go to DLR in a month then I won't be there for probably another year, while you get to enjoy it year round. Enjoy it. Take it for what it's worth. You could be stuck with what I have.
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

• It's all nonsense

Re: Count your blessings.

Even DCA is 10x better than 99% of other 'theme' parks...no doubt.

• For You!

We drove by Lagoon this weekend - the parking lot was packed! My kids are begging to go, but I think after going to Disneyland and DisneyWorld - they'd understand why, it's kind of a glorified carnival. But, at least the rides are permanent and it does have a fun waterpark.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

I can relate, we have one in ID, about 45 minutes from where I live in WA and it is not the best either. Half of it is an amusement park and the other half is a water park. The amusement park side has lazy people working in certain parts and the one character they have there is ok, but the costume looked really dirty, like it was never washed or should be replaced. The water park side is pretty nice.

Lagoon is scary. We visited earlier this year. My son loved it but he is three and doesn't know any better. It is funny that I don't think twice about driving to Disneyland once a month from Salt Lake City but I don't really want to drive to Lagoon once a year.

Lagoon does have a couple nice things about it though. Pioneer Village is themed pretty good for a small park. They also are constantly adding new rides. It seems like they open up a new ride every season. The roller coasters aren't bad for as small a park as this is.

The whole midway and the two haunted houses are disgusting. There is a little food court over by the kiddie rides that is just gross too.
    Check out my new Disney Blog here. What it lacks in quality it makes up with... Well, nothing I guess.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

I think that is one of the reasons I like living in Phoenix. We have nothing. Zip. And we are close enough to visit multiple times a year, so we don't have to put up with cheap knock offs.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• I'm not really here

Oh man... Lagoon... many many memories of family reunions held there. Wasn't bad growing up... before I was old enough to understand and appreciate what Disney has over everyone else. Lagoon really is pretty scary.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter