Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

• Wonderful World

Re: Does anyone get worried that DCA's revival isn't going to be the expected miracle

I don't know,its tough to tell right now. It's gonna be interesting to see how much of it is gonna change within the next years. It has potential to make a complete turn around but its to tough to tell right now.
    I'm back MiceChat

Re: Does anyone get worried that DCA's revival isn't going to be the expected miracle

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    I know I've been losing sleep just thinking about it.
    You mock, yet you read MiceChat and even take the time to post on this topic...

I don't plan on spending the next 5 years worrying about something I have no control over or input on...

Then again I also don't spend time "deconstructing", "improving" or "re-imagineering" attractions, resturants, ODV Carts, and buildings at Disneyland. I also don't waste my time worrying about cohesive themes, whether something from a "galaxy far far away" fits the them of Tomorrowland, or weather or not the parks are "declining by degrees"

I prefer to enjoy the parks. But that is just me...
    BRYANT - MEGADISNEY
    Owner/Travel Advisor - Magical Partners Travel
    Walt Disney Company Stockholder
    D23 Charter Member

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Does Perris have a 1000' tall tower too?
    Paris maybe?
    BRYANT - MEGADISNEY
    D23 Charter Member

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDisney View Post
    For some the parks actually exist outside just enjoyment. Many are shareholders in the company and would like to it perform well. A failed reboot of Disney's California Adventure may be an unwise business decision if the money does not meet its intended goals.

Paris maybe?
    Huh?

For some the parks actually exist outside just enjoyment. Many are shareholders in the company and would like to it perform well. A failed reboot of Disney's California Adventure may be an unwise business decision if the money does not meet its intended goals.

Huh?
    I have been a shareholder for years, but that doesn't mean I have to nit pick every detail of the park and company ad naseum. I think spending that much on the park is a bad decision. The park is fine IMHO and could/would grow into a fantastic park in years to come.

The Paris thing was a joke, not obvious enough I guess, sorry.
    BRYANT - MEGADISNEY
    D23 Charter Member

• Minion

I don't plan on spending the next 5 years worrying about something I have no control over or input on...

Then again I also don't spend time "deconstructing", "improving" or "re-imagineering" attractions, resturants, ODV Carts, and buildings at Disneyland. I also don't waste my time worrying about cohesive themes, whether something from a "galaxy far far away" fits the them of Tomorrowland, or weather or not the parks are "declining by degrees"

What you may consider a waste of time can actually be a constructive outlet that COULD actually help improve the things you enjoy. If everyone just sat back and accepted whatever they were fed, the world would be a bland place. Of course, that would be just fine for those who ENJOY a bland existence, but it probably wouldn’t be satisfying for the majority.

If it weren’t for the internet and the ongoing criticism (constructive and otherwise) about DCA, there is a good chance Disney wouldn’t be investing $1.2 billion on it now. So, enjoy the parks. Hopefully the improvements will provide so that more people will be able to enjoy them too.

So, while you enjoy the parks, you might acknowledge that improvements, or even top quality attractions in the first place, might be, in some part, due to the “selfish” dedication of those who keep the pressure on Disney to keep their standards high.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    Meh, whatever happens, happens. I'll just enjoy it for what it's worth. I think people will compare it to Disneyland way too much for it to be considered a 'success' on these boards.
    DCA ‘s issues aren’t being specifically compared to Disneyland, though some do just because of it’s proximity. DCA’s REAL issue is that at the time it was built, it was being considered the WORST park Disney ever built (relatively speaking). At the same time, Tokyo Disney Sea was being noted as being the BEST park Disney ever built, taking over the role previously held by Disneyland Paris.

Since that time, Disney has produced two other parks that have not met the quality expectations of their audience. Even the worst products must have SOME people that enjoy them or they wouldn’t have been able to be profitably produced. But the most successful ones can usually satisfy even the lowest common denominator while they have the quality level that satisfies the most demanding audience.

Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    If it weren’t for the internet and the ongoing criticism (constructive and otherwise) about DCA, there is a good chance Disney wouldn’t be investing $1.2 billion on it now.
    I will consider that permission to blame all the "deconstructors" and "re-imagineer"-ers when the stock tanks due to unecessary spending on a park that doesn't need that big of an influx of cash...
    BRYANT - MEGADISNEY
    D23 Charter Member

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I will consider that permission to blame all the "deconstructors" and "re-imagineer"-ers when the stock tanks due to unecessary spending on a park that doesn't need that big of an influx of cash...
    See, that was the original thinking behind Disney's California Adventure. Something like the $4 billion being spent on Tokyo Disney Sea was considered extreme and unneccessary. Tokyo Disney Sea may not be living up 100% to the Oriental Land Company and Disney's expectations, but it sure is doing better than Disney's California Adventure.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    DCA ‘s issues aren’t being specifically compared to Disneyland, though some do just because of it’s proximity.
    That was my point.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

The 4 Billion spent was not Disney Money.

As a stock holder Disney Money = My Money.

Spending over a Billion Dollars on DCA is a BIG FAT WASTE OF MONEY. If people had paitence now days (like they did in 1955) the growth of DCA would be slow, planned and deliberate, not a rush job, "lets throw money at it" solution that will probably end up being a failure, at least in the eyes of the "deconstructors" and "re-imagineer" crowd who don't seem to be pleased no matter what Disney does and always feel they could do a better job. If your that talented quit wasting your time posting on an unoffical message board and work to get a job at imagineering.

I am actually PISSED they are dropping that much money to "re-theme" DCA.
    BRYANT - MEGADISNEY
    D23 Charter Member

• Minion

I have serious doubts that DCA will ever be more than a park to go and ride the Tower of Terror at. There are a few other things I like doing there, but that is the main reason I go. There are tons of main reasons I go to Disneyland. The proposed Ratatouille roller coaster doesn't sound that great, ecspcially since it will basically be a rethemed Crush's Coaster. Crush's Coaster looks to be way too short, and it seems to get outrageous lines without a fastpass option. Also, the spinning coasters I have been on aren't that great, you spin so much you can hardly tell you are on a roller coaster. I like Muppet-Vision 3D 100 times more than Phillarmagic, so Phillarmagic replacing Muppet-Vision 3D will hurt the park alot IMO. The Little Mermaid dark ride could be a great masterpiece, a throwback to the Fantasyland classics, or it could be another Pooh or Monsters Inc. I loved the dark ride on the Little Mermaid DVD, but since it will have an omnimover system it won't be no where near the same experience. The ride on the DVD was a great throw back to the Fantasyland classics, while also bringing new elements such as dry to wet and seeing a scene from below. It will be hard to mimic a Fantasyland dark ride experience on an omnimover, so the sets and audioanimatronics will have to be on the level of POTC and the Haunted Mansion. It looks like everything will be a thematic mess. Sure certain areas will look nicer and everything, but there will be major conflicts with a land's theme and the rides within the land. I think Disney should drop the California theme. I want DCA to have rides that measure up to the greats, I want DCA to have rides on the scale and quality of POTC, Haunted Mansion, Spalsh Mountain, Indiana Jones Adventure, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, and the Matterhorn. The only ride at DCA I consider in that league is Tower of Terror. The Ratatouille ride doesn't look like it will begin to come close to that league, the Little Mermaid ride has potential to be great, but I have a feeling that it might be Pooh 3 (with Monsters Inc. being Pooh 2). I want DCA to have original, non-movie based rides that are awesome.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

The 4 Billion spent was not Disney Money.

As a stock holder Disney Money = My Money.
    No, it is your money at stake. Failure at the Tokyo Disney Resort means less money that Disney gets from the Resort. It may also hamper further expansion in Japan, as the Oriental Land Company might be less willing to risk what Walt Disney Attractions Japan is pushing.

• Minion

No, it is your money at stake. Failure at the Tokyo Disney Resort means less money that Disney gets from the Resort. It may also hamper further expansion in Japan, as the Oriental Land Company might be less willing to risk what Walt Disney Attractions Japan is pushing.
    And also Tokyo Disney Sea is the fourth most visited theme park in the world, and by far the most visited second gate. That proves that quality=attendance. DCA is far from quality, DCA looks like a really small and crappy traveling carnival compared to Tokyo Disney Sea. I think 1.2 billion dollars is no where near enough to make DCA as good as TDS.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast