Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Anyone take a trip to Disneyland During January? What's the weather like? Rain?

10 Months out of the year the weather in SoCal is almost perfectly predictable;

March through May - Cool, sunny and dry
    June - Foggy mornings called "June Gloom", sunny afternoons, warm and dry
    July through October - Sunny, very warm and dry
    November and December - Cool, sunny and dry

But January and February are the two months out of the year where things aren't as predicable. Sometimes it will be sunny and windy and hot with sometimes destructive Santa Ana Winds blowing in from the desert. Sometimes it will be clear and crisp with cold nights down into the 40's. Sometimes it will be grey and overcast and drizzly with highs in the 50's and remind you of Seattle. Sometimes it will be very stormy with torential rain and wind and a series of cold storms blowing in from the North Pacific every 36 hours with snow piling up in the foothills and low mountains around Orange County. And sometimes it will be just regular old rain and showers that come and go with a cold wind cutting into you. And then, sometimes it will be sunny and 75 degrees and perfectly delightful and you laugh at the TV news that shows pictures of 3 feet of snow in Boston and New York and Chicago.

The bottom line; you never know what you'll get in SoCal in January and February. It's completely random and unpredictable from year to year, week to week, and day to day.

• 'Sleeping Beauty'

Re: Anyone take a trip to Disneyland During January? What's the weather like? Rain?

both times I went in january 2006/7 it was warm (needed a jacket though) personally its the best time of the year no lines! biggest one was space mountain but it had only recently reopened!

I got every year in January, yes it's a bit colder and sometimes rainy. A lot of the attractions close too. I like it though because the park is quiet.
    " You know these clothes do not flatter you, it should be a dress or nothing"."I happen to have no dress in my cabin"
    Captain Jack Sparrow ~ Pirate.

We've gone to DL for my b-day every year for a long time now, and we have experienced all kinds of weather, from cold rain to sunny and cool days, to overcast.....

For me the simple fact remains that, it's DISNEYLAND! and we've had a blast no matter what.

You have to understand, most Californians run from the rain like its acid,
    either way you'll probably enjoy short to non existent lines, so bring warm clothes and a positive attitude and we'll see you there.

• Closet DLR fan

We're planning a tentative mid-February trip, and my best advice - dress in layers and rent a locker to store the umbrellas, huge coats, extra socks, etc.

• Winter in Oceanside...

I wish you all kinds of fun in January but PLEASE LET IT RAIN!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12