Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Wink Anyone take a trip to Disneyland During January? What's the weather like? Rain?

I've read that January trips to Disneyland has rain and cold weather. But how much rain, how cold... anyone taken a recent January trip want to take a crack at answering my January questions, maybe include photos if possible.

Thanks! ;o)
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

Re: Anyone take a trip to Disneyland During January? What's the weather like? Rain?

one year it was nice... cool but nice , pants and a sweatshirt for the evenings. The next year it POURED rain , cold rain , i grew up in Lake Tahoe and i was even cold... i guess it's kind of a crap shoot

My Maleficent tattoo

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Anyone take a trip to Disneyland During January? What's the weather like? Rain?

January can be a lovely time of year to visit -- but rain can come at that time of year. If you're coming from Texas and won't enjoy the parks in the rain, better wait until March or April. If you don't mind a cool day wearing a Mickey Mouse rain jacket around, come out here.

• Pathetically Obsessed

I went by myself this past January over Martin Luther King, Jr holiday weekend. I did 4 e-tickeckts in one hour, got to watch people, yes it was cold, but I ate at the Plazza Inn with little to no waiting in line. Plenty of good tables.

Only downside? The park hours are very short (I think DL closed at 8 or something like that). Just make sure you check the Disney Web site before you go so you know what will and won't be offered in terms of fireworks/Fantasmic! and any attractions schedule for maintenance.

Have fun and if you go by yourself, you may never take anyone with you ever again!
    "Fire at will, boys!"

"Which one's Will?

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

January is rainy and if we have an El Nino year it can be VERY rainy. March too can be quite rainy as well at times. I would wait until April or May which still is cool but not too much rain.

• Wishing

I went two different weekends in January this year, I wore a sweatshirt one weekend, and long sleeves for the mornings of the next weekend but by afternoon it was warm enough for short sleeves. There were brief showers, but it was short enough that if you had been on a ride you would have only known because the walkways were wet. All my pictures from that trip show blue skies.

This was taken around the 20th of January this year.

Explain how I'm supposed to take a picture of the sky in January when it's only September?!?!?

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Sometimes it rains, sometimes it doesnt. You never really can just guess in September what the weather will be like in 4 months.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frecky View Post
    Sometimes it rains, sometimes it doesnt. You never really can just guess in September what the weather will be like in 4 months.
    Exactly. I was there Jan. 7th of this year and it was 80 degrees. The weather in So Cal can swing to either extreme that time of year.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Please do not judge January weather based on the above posts saying it was not that rainy. This last year was either the driest or second driest year on record. If we get a normal rainy season it is likely that you will get some rain, so it is best to plan on it.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Please do not judge January weather based on the above posts saying it was not that rainy. This last year was either the driest or second driest year on record. If we get a normal rainy season it is likely that you will get some rain, so it is best to plan on it.
    Tis why I said sometimes it rains, sometimes it doesnt. Keep your eye on the weather as your trip approaches, but bring an umbrella just in case.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Cherry Tart

This recent January wasn't that bad most of the time. A little windy but nothing terrible. It was only a few days out of the month that it got really cold. There was at least one day where it was so cold my feet hurt (despite my fuzzy boots) and I had to leave in the middle of the day. It rained once or twice but I enjoyed being at the park on those days. Rain kept the crowds away.

This was kind of the average, overcast day.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

Either way, rain or shine...hot or cold...Disneyland ir fun...just beware the poncho people if it actually rains...

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

I went to Disneyland three times in January, and on the 14th it was sunny (but really cold), the 20th was cloudy and overcast, as was the 28th. Overall, you'll find it cold, and sometimes rainy, but it's off-season, so I think it is a good time to go.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

January 7th, 2007. Clear, sunny and so warm Princess Buttercup and I made sure we rode Grizzly just so we could get wet and cool off!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast