• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Do you get the same Nemo experience in the subs as you do watching in the "MOO"?

For various reasons I can't ride in the subs just now, but have seen the Nemo "movie" three times in the "Marine Observation Outpost (?)" which a Micehat friend of mine calls the "MOO".

Seeing it in the MOO is enjoyable, and much quicker than waiting for the subs (it is meant for use only by people who cannot get into the subs, and their groups).

I was curious if anyone has been able to do both.

Is one missing something of the show by not riding the subs?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Minion

Re: Do you get the same Nemo experience in the subs as you do watching in the "MOO"?

I've been lucky enough to have seen both and I thought they were comparable (as far as what you are able to view, screen vs porthole). In fact you get an extra treat, Peach, in the MOO that you don't get on the ride. What is missing from the MOO are some of the louder sound effects that shake the sub. I enjoyed both, but that's just me

• Minion

Re: Do you get the same Nemo experience in the subs as you do watching in the "MOO"?

I liked the MOO better, but still ride the subs. The picture on the screen was much clearer than the subs. And if the subs get stuck, you are stuck and even though I am not clausterphobic, I have had a slight raise in breaths per min and heartrate when the sub is stuck longer than 5min...

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Dear lord! There is now a Disney attraction known as the MOO?

That is the greatest thing I have ever heard.

I am so there.

I like to say "Moo".

I like seeing the word "Moo".

[fitsofgiggles]Moo.[/fitsofgiggles]
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Banned User

Haven't ridden it yet. When the stench on the subs gets unbearable, I will check it out

I've done both and I'd say it's a toss-up as to which is better.

In the MOO you have a much wider view of the scenes and if you're tall you don't have to be all hunched over to see through the porthole. Plus you're in a nicely themed, air conditioned room.

Advantage:Comfort & better view

In the Subs you get a better sensation of diving and surfacing with the bubbles and the mine scene is more intense.

Advantage:A more physical experience

If you only get to see the subs in one way I don't think you're really missing out on much either way.

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

I'm glad you started this thread. I'm terribly clausterphobic.

So I doubt I can ever get into the subs without hypervenalating.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

A certain very close friend was able to do both the Subs and the MOO and said that she likes the MOO better! If you can imagine that.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

What's involved in the MOO? Do you stand in it? Do you walk through it? Are you in a vehicle like the ones found in the dark rides?

...Joe...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Loomis View Post
    Dear lord! There is now a Disney attraction known as the MOO?

That is the greatest thing I have ever heard.

I am so there.

I like to say "Moo".

I like seeing the word "Moo".

[fitsofgiggles]Moo.[/fitsofgiggles]

Off-topic:

Have you ever heard the song "Over the Moon" from RENT, (specifically the ending of the song)? I think you'd like it

It's Marine Observation Outpost and I personally prefer that to the submarines. Sure, I'm a touch claustrophobic but I prefer the themeing and the A/C in the Outpost. To answer your question Joseph, you sit on one of two benches (or the floor if you want) and watch, as the submarine Neptune goes out, on a large television.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by NemoRanger View Post
    It's Marine Observation Outpost and I personally prefer that to the submarines. Sure, I'm a touch claustrophobic but I prefer the themeing and the A/C in the Outpost. To answer your question Joseph, you sit on one of two benches (or the floor if you want) and watch, as the submarine Neptune goes out, on a large television.
    Thanks for the answer! When I go to the park next time I may check it out just to see what the difference is like!

...Joe...