Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sector Two Droid Repair

Disneyland water

Why does Disneyland water taste different from the tab water you get elsewhere in Orange county?
    http://www.endorexpress.net/
    Disneyland - It's better than drugs.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: Disneyland water

Orange County tap water is a mixture from several sources, mainly the Colorado River and a large sub-surface aquafer (groundwater) that covers the northern 1/3 of Orange County. There is also some water from Northern California sources mixed in there too.

You think it's bad now? There has been some recent talk in Orange County of using processed reclaimed water as a portion of the tap water source. I hope I don't have to go into detail as to what reclaimed water is...

• I'm baaaaccckkk!

Blog Entries

Ewww....
    <3 Chloe

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Orange County tap water is a mixture from several sources, mainly the Colorado River and a large sub-surface aquafer (groundwater) that covers the northern 1/3 of Orange County. There is also some water from Northern California sources mixed in there too.

You think it's bad now? There has been some recent talk in Orange County of using processed reclaimed water as a portion of the tap water source. I hope I don't have to go into detail as to what reclaimed water is...
    I'm always amazed how you people know this type of information.

• Beach Expert

Quote Originally Posted by snappy View Post
    I'm always amazed how you people know this type of information.
    Well being an Orange County resident I do get the fliers in the mail from the water district. I'm probably the only one who actually reads all that junk!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I read it... and then went "okay yeah ick." Bottled water all the way.

Where I am living now... dude last week I saw the Arrowhead water truck fill up from a faucet near my church. Running Springs water is the source of Arrowhead. It's yummy.

• Beach Expert

If you don't like the Orange County tap water in the park, then just buy some Dasani at one of the ODVs. Then you can enjoy some LA County tap water! LOL

• Future Imagineer!!

the tap water at my house tastes different then the tap water at my friends house 2 miles away....i find that strange

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

Eh....If you really think about it, ALL water is reclaimed water. I do know that when I was younger the town next to mine was fined for releasing water from the treatment plant into a local creek that was TOO clean. It was messing up the natural habitat surrounding the creek.

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

Truth be told , most municipal water sources have more filtration and are cleaner that bottled water in general. Bottled water is not monitored by the FDA , they can essentially LIE about where it is really from.

Anyone who has ever driven to Disneyland on the 395 south has passed that filthy Crystal Geyser plant in the middle of nowhere. You couldn't pay me to drink water from there

My Maleficent tattoo

Quote Originally Posted by PinBrian View Post
    Eh....If you really think about it, ALL water is reclaimed water. I do know that when I was younger the town next to mine was fined for releasing water from the treatment plant into a local creek that was TOO clean. It was messing up the natural habitat surrounding the creek.
    That is correct. Earth is the world's biggest filter and all water has had crap in it at one point in time. All the water that ends up at treatment plants then end up in the creeks, rivers and oceans anyway. If you think of it the water your drinking could've been urine a loooong time ago... thats kinda nasty.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Where do you think all the wastewater from Vegas goes after they get done using it? Right back into Lake Mead. Where does Lake Mead lead to - the Colorado river, the same one that supplies most of SoCal with some portion of its water. So we are already drinking recycled water. Most people just dont think of it this way.

GrimmGreen,
    You are correct. Tap water is much much more regulated than any bottled water product. As a matter of fact, my wife is a Civil Engineer who works for the water quality (environmental) for the whole state of Nevada and she states that no one in her dept. will drink bottled water. Take that for what's it's worth.

Speaking of tap water quality...I am so disappointed with the water quality on the Hawaiian island of Maui these days.

It used to have some of the BEST tap water in the world. Tasted great and was naturally soft and loved to shower in it. But I guess in recent years natural supplies have dwindled or something else has occurred and they've had to take to heavily chlorinating or treating their water now. It is now the WORST I've ever tasted. You can actually smell the chlorine as it comes from the tap! Smells and tastes like chlorinated swimming pool water! Yuck. Showers suck now too.

Even the restaurants that don't have their own filtration...have taken to warning customers about the tap water served.

That wonderful soft Maui water was always one of the great things about vacationing there. No more.

Last time I was in New York City...they still had great tap water, IMHO. You might not think such a place would...but they do.

At Disneyland...I find the taste varies greatly by the individual fountain. Some have a coppery taste to the water...others don't and taste pretty good. So I think in some cases, it has to do with the age or type of drinking fountain you get your water from.

• Just splashing around...

The "goofy" water in Toon Town is the best. Or maybe it's just that it's the only fountain in DL that actually shoots high enough to get a decent drink...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast