I went on Tower Of Terror!

Last week for my 1st time I went on Tower Of Terror. It wasn't that bad of a ride, but the drops were kinda scary. Overall I really liked this ride. Does the Maliboomer feel the same as on Tower?

• Banned User

Re: I went on Tower Of Terror!

Quote Originally Posted by iCoaster
    Last week for my 1st time I went on Tower Of Terror. It wasn't that bad of a ride, but the drops were kinda scary. Overall I really liked this ride. Does the Maliboomer feel the same as on Tower?

Congrats. I love ToT.

No, Maliboomer is NOTHING the same as ToT. Maliboomer is ALL about the build up of butterflies heading to that split-second the launch starts. The acceleration is hard but very short, then your bouncing, then its over.

• that's right!

congratulations we're all so proud

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Mailboomer is very smiliar to ToT, though it feels different, if that makes any sense. It's the same general concept, but Maliboomer is shorter than ToT. It feels faster to me, too. Because it's outside and doesn't have much (any) theming and in general the line's shorter than ToT, you don't have as much time to get prepared and into it. At least IMO. I suggest you try it for yourself.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Minion

I went TOT too, but never went on it again because of the drops. I am not a big thrill ride person, but went on it once just to see the effects I heard about. Glad I did, but will not get on it again.

• The Marvel Jedi

Whittier, California (just a half-hour from Disneyland)

Personally i didn't like tower of Terror my mom loved it and ahe was super nervous to go on but we suceeded and I was kinda bored but thats just me.
    Passive-Aggressive Peanut Butter Sandwich. x_x

• Banned User

I've been trying to think of an anology for ToT vs Boomer, then it hit me.

Space Mt. vs. just the launch on Screamin'.

ToT and Boomer are both tower rides, just as Screamin' and Space Mt. are both coasters.

ToT is like Space Mt. A couple minutes long with a combination of effects and thrills.

Boomer is like Screamin' IF all Screamin' had was the initial launch. Butterflies build as you're waiting for the launch, then wham the thrill of the launch.... then Boomer is over.

• Jacob <3 Cotton Candy

Yikes!! Call me crazy but out of the billion times that I have been to the Disneyland Resort, I have never riden the HTOT because of the crazy drops at the end. Are the drops really fast as everyone claims them to be??
    Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by CaraGoCeltica
    Yikes!! Call me crazy but out of the billion times that I have been to the Disneyland Resort, I have never riden the HTOT because of the crazy drops at the end. Are the drops really fast as everyone claims them to be??

My ex hates heights and tower ride. She went on ToT and loved it. Yes, the elevators go up and down, but it isn't like Maliboomer AT ALL!!!!! It is really fun.

I love 'em both! Quite a surprise, actually, as I never liked drops like that. I'm still not sure of the why, but I'll go on either one now!
    **hugs**
    -kerry

• I was deleted.

Oh I know! I am not afraid of the Maliboomer (although I do not ride it.. I spend my time doing others like Screamin') but I am afraid of ToT. I work at TDS and we used to have a promotion for it before it opened at DCA saying.. "Drop In... if you dare!" like the stickers. So last July I went on it... once and waited for my mom and brother after they went on it some more. I went on it once during a flash flood warning in January.. and that was enough. Once per trip. I LOVE the effects.. but the CMs scare me and the whole thing is a bit too much for me being claustrophobic. In the photo the first time I was SMILING because it was so cool to look out over to Disneyland and see the castle, Space, the Matterhorn, etc. and in January I was LAUGHING because of all of the rain coming down it was crazy outside! But the last part... I cannot handle it.

So... congrats on making it on ToT for those who have even with their fears. I can relate.

• Basking in birthday love

It's really fun to try to make those CMs break character. They're supposed to be creepy, but you can get them to laugh.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• FastPass n00b

I am one of those people who hates rollercoasters, but I go on them more for a personal challenge than a fun ride. To me, the entertainment is mustering up enough courage to get in line and get on the ride. I recently rode Sea World's "Journey to Atlantis" thinking it was nothing since it was "only" 70 feet and Jurassic Park was over 80 feet. Well, that ride is NOT Jurassic Park or Splash Mountain. It takes you up, then speeds you up to about 5-10 MPH, turns you about 90 degrees, then drops you while you're already moving at a decent speed. Not only does this take away the "prep time" that Splash and Jurassic Park offer, it makes the drop feel twice as fast! Plus you can't see the drop until the last possible second which also takes away your prep time. The point here is that just because a ride sounds easy on paper or even looks easy in real life is so deceptive. It's that psychological factor that ride designers use that makes the difference between a thrilling ride and a terrifying, white-knuckle nightmare. I have done 200+ foot rollercoasters without much of a care, but just that tiny little 70 foot drop at Sea World terrified the living daylights out of me because it's a major psych-out ride.

What are the drops like inside the Tower? Does it take you down all the way and then lift you back up and drop down all the way again? And what do they mean when they say they are going to reprogram it for 2006? I want to ride it so badly. I know I will be scared out of my mind since I dislike freefall, let alone speeds faster than freefall, but my curiosity has got the better of me.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

i'm not a fan of "drop" rides at all, but i've been on both. in fact, i just went on maliboomer at a meet last week.

here's my analysis:

ToT is all about the dropping/falling. going up isn't the thrill, the dropping part is what gets ya.

maliboomer is all about the going up. it's very similar to the launch of screamin' (or superman at SFMM) except you go straight up instead of horizontal.

overall, if you don't like the feeling of falling, maliboomer isn't as freaky as ToT, IMO
    <o>