View Poll Results: If you could save $50($100 for a Premium), would you opt to get a Disneyland Only AP?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would prefer a Disneyland Only AP and save money

31 20.53%
  • No, I would pay the extra to get to visit DCA in the same year with my AP

120 79.47%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Hooterville, USA

Re: Would you prefer a DIsneyland Park Only AP instead of a 2-park AP?

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    This thread (and the other Anti-DCA threads) the past few days have inspired me to make a DCA avatar. Who else is with me? Let's show our support of DCA by following Uzmati's example and creating a DCA avatar.
    Is your avatar going to be made on the cheap?

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Rock Star Minion

$50/$100 seems too low of a price point, according to the early returns in this poll.

I don't find this to be anti-DCA. It's pro-choice. (No, not THAT "pro-choice.")
    I'd like to know what AP'ers would pay for a DCA add-on. Currently, the price is $0 (when seen from one angle), because there is no choice.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    ...and most DCA critics are also frequent DCA visitors.
    They likely don't pay to enter, either. I visit the bathroom frequently -- doesn't make me a bathroom lover. Yes, most of my DCA visits are forced (or free, or both)
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    They likely don't pay to enter, either. I visit the bathroom frequently -- doesn't make me a bathroom lover. Yes, most of my DCA visits are forced (or free, or both)
    But by buying an AP, they do pay to enter.

• Circle of Ancients

Interesting poll results. Something makes me think this isn't what was expected when the poll was started.

Regarding "How Much" would I pay to add DCA if it wasn't included ... (although it will NEVER happen):

Think about when DCA was built. The highest AP price was $199 (if I remember correctly). Now the Highest AP price is $359. That's $159 more. So if you don't think your paying for DCA now, your wrong. DCA was "Free" 7 years ago, but the price has been set for both parks.

Whether you like it or not, you ARE paying for DCA. And will likely be paying more once the work is done.

That's $359 for 2-parks.

A WDW Pass for 4-parks is $477.12. So your basically paying $120 more for 2 additional parks.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

I find the term "forced" a bit extreme. You are a human being. You have the ability to make choices. If you detest the park that much then you wouldn't go regardless of the situation.

:sigh: I wish people had better things to do with their time instead of come up with lame threads that bash DCA or mention how much it "sucks." If you think you can do better get a job at WDI.

...Joe...

• Hiding in the shadows

$50/$100 seems too low of a price point, according to the early returns in this poll.

I don't find this to be anti-DCA. It's pro-choice. (No, not THAT "pro-choice.")
    I'd like to know what AP'ers would pay for a DCA add-on. Currently, the price is $0 (when seen from one angle), because there is no choice.
    Thats the question though..are we getting DCA for free or are we paying an extra premium for DCA and if a DL only AP was available would it be cheaper than the current hopper AP? And yes, this definitely wasn't meant as DCA bashing I think its a great question.

Because I have a family of 4, we can only afford the So Cal pass as it is, and I am grateful it comes with both DCA and DL because I want both parks...but if we had to pay more than we currently do for DCA it would be hard because an extra $50 each would mean $200 for us. With that said, I would still not want one without the other, so it may just be a place where we are priced out of getting annual passes all together.

A little piece of heaven

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Actually, a 2-Park Premium AP in late 2000, and most of 2001 was $299, so just a $60 increase over 6 years, or $10 a year, a 20% increase in 6 years.

Compare that to Single day ticket, $43 when DCA opened in 2001, $63 today, that went up 47%.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Incognito

Blog Entries

DCA is actually a nice diversion. When you want a little something different from Dland. When the urge for a lovely cocktail at sunset takes over. When ya wanna ride a few fun attractions. DCA is the place!

• Hiding in the shadows

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
    I find the term "forced" a bit extreme. You are a human being. You have the ability to make choices. If you detest the park that much then you wouldn't go regardless of the situation.

:sigh: I wish people had better things to do with their time instead of come up with lame threads that bash DCA or mention how much it "sucks." If you think you can do better get a job at WDI.
    This wasnt meant as a DCA sucks thread. In the DCA problems thread a question was raised on whether people would prefer a DL only pass if DCA wasn't included and I questioned that statement. I think this is a valid thread, because DCA hopper used to be a choice. Its very possible we will see that although many people like to say how bad DCA is...many APers frequent the park, and enjoy the rides and wouldn't want their AP any other way than as a hopper.

A little piece of heaven

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by MollyTrolly View Post
    And yes, this definitely wasn't meant as DCA bashing I think its a great question.
    I'd agree with you on this one Molly, but the fact is that DarkBeer created this thread just as he recently created a thread about how much DCA "sucks" - to use his term. So, the fact that this thread has come up I feel that there is a hint of bashing to it. Just my opinion.

...Joe...

DB, I think the idea for high prices has more to do with crowd control. Lower it too much, and the place will be even more crowded than it is now. It's just the price of the market. Just try to do anything else, like a baseball game, a concert, or even another park in CA for much less. You won't find it. Maybe a couple bucks here or there, but then, compare the quality.

It's just the mysteries of market value at work. If people stopped buying it at these prices, I guarantee, it would go down. But they do, so arguing it is sort of a moot point.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

FYI, here is the reason I started this thread...

From the "DCA Sucks" thread... in response to this comment, "But I wish they had a Disneyland ONLY AP still, and I think a lot of other folks would prefer it too."

Quote Originally Posted by MollyTrolley

I know for me personally I would not be interested in a DL only AP, and although I dont have any specific data I would be interested to see how many are in that same boat (not interested enough I guess to start a new thread and a poll...but interested anyway)
    And still think if you ask the GENERAL PUBLIC, especially all the SoCal/SoCal Select AP holders, which are supposedly over half of the total AP holders, if they could pay $50 less and only get a Disneyland only AP they would.

And I need to thank Sir Clinks for giving me an idea, and my new avitar
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Just splashing around...

I like DCA. I voted to have both on the AP.

• Circle of Ancients

Of course, this is PURELY hypothetical:

Let's say they started having a park-optional AP at both WDW and DLR.

As it stands right now, the WDW per park ($477 divided by 4) is around $120. The DLR per park (premium AP of $359 divided by 2) is $179 per park.

Now obviously, the main draw at both resorts is Disneyland and Magic Kingdom. So let's assume you could not get a DCA ONLY AP or an EPCOT ONLY AP. In other words, you HAVE to have DL and MK as your "Base" AP.

So the "Base" price of Disneyland and Magic Kingdom should be around $225.

To make it easy, let's keep the same price structure we have now. So with a base price of $225 it would then be $134 to add DCA onto your premium AP.

At WDW it would be $84 per park to add EPCOT, MGM and AK with the MK base price of $225.

Of course, I don't think this would ever happen, but looking at that, the benefit still goes to WDW. Why?

2 additional parks. MANY discounts on resort hotels, disney dining experience card, etc.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast