View Poll Results: If you could save $50($100 for a Premium), would you opt to get a Disneyland Only AP?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would prefer a Disneyland Only AP and save money

31 20.53%
  • No, I would pay the extra to get to visit DCA in the same year with my AP

120 79.47%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: Would you prefer a DIsneyland Park Only AP instead of a 2-park AP?

Quote Originally Posted by DCAFTW View Post
    That's really just YOUR opinion right...not a fact?

It's funny because in my experience, the general public is more forgiving and has a generally higher opinion of the park than the crazies that crawl around the Disney boards.

But keep thinking that though!
    So you're calling yourself crazy? I think you're being a little too harsh on yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    "AHA! It's just an opinion!! It's not a fact!! I caught you!!"

In fact, it is his and many others' opinion, many more than share yours. So, you lose. We win. End of story.
    Gate receipts = scoreboard.
    Your logic doesn't connect guy.

First of all, you have no basis for your GUESS of how many people agree with you, and how many agree with me.

Second, Gate receipts don't really say anything, because the vast majority of people who buy parkhoppers go to Disneyland first because it opens earlier. Point blank.

Third, DCA is a much smaller park, and is in the shadow of one of the most successful parks on earth. I (and I absolutely love DCA) wouldn't even buy a ticket to JUST DCA. To be fair though, I wouldn't buy one to JUST DL either. The experience is in the resort, and that includes both parks.

So no, gate receipts do nothing to prove what the public opinion is on the park. All we can do is have an open mind (you might want to look up what that means) and be respectful of each others opinions, because that's all they are.

You can post as many bashing threads, or articles and interviews with other people's opinions, but that's all they are, opinions.

• Rock Star Minion

I think Darkbeer loves DCA, relative to the price he pays to enter it.
    Same as just about everyone who claims to love the park.

I like it, for the price I pay, which is less than AP'ers pay. I should like it more, since I pay less, but I realize what it's doing to DL, in terms of maintenance budget cuts, cast member quality (there just are not enough high Disney-quality employable people to work both parks) etc., all of which, of course, can also be blamed on the very low admission price half of the guests pay to enter the park.
    And the unexciting tram ride, which I cannot see the front gates the whole time, nor the train station, nor Space Mountain, nor Matterhorn, nor Sleeping Beauty Castle, all of which used to heighten the anticipation level when the tram used to pick me up in the old lot (or if I chose to walk). Eisner thought a cool, multi-level parking structure with no restrooms and not enough elevators (for strollers, mostly for low-cost-admission guests, btw) would be such a better way to enter the DLr.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    I think Darkbeer loves DCA, relative to the price he pays to enter it.
    Same as just about everyone who claims to love the park.
    I'm not going to speak for him since I'm not him. However, I have a hard time believing your statement above, sediment, considering Darkbeer recently started a thread called "...A New DCA Sucks Thread." Doesn't sound like he loves DCA to me. Far from it.

...Joe...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Here are some opinions from the "General Public" from Yahoo!

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-reviews-29...ND.JWxeQsaPGoL

Looks like a lot of folks don't have an high opinion of DCA.
    First of all, it's hilarious that you would post that since the overall score on there is 4 stars out of 5.

Second, just like anyone else, those are just opinions, and a small sampling of opinions as well.

Either way, it looks like there, as well as here, the consensus is that people like the park, at least enough to pay a little extra for an AP.

Sorry to burst your bubble of negativity.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    You're comparing a park with a huge history, where the term 'theme park' at the time didn't exist to a park that's just starting. A 52 year old park that would get all the kinks out of it and make it what it is now, to a 6 year old park that has more potential.
    HUH???

OK, back in the 1950's there were very few theme parks, maybe just Knott's and Santa Claus Land (now known as Holiday World).

Walt Disney had a dream and built DIsneyland, which became a huge hit from day ONE. As pointed out earlier, they restricted attendance the first summer and sold out almost every day.

Walt Disney and his team learned, both prior to building the park by visiting places like Knott's to study traffic flows, queues, etc. And kept learning and improving. The New York World's Fair was the first time they used the skills and knowledge they learned from Disneyland and built some of the most popular attractions at the World's Fair for many different companies.

Then they went out and built other Theme Parks in Orlando and Paris there were acclaimed parks that got very positive reviews, and used knowledge from Disneyland and the World's Fair to make even more improvements.

Then something happened, most folks think it was management, that failed to look to the past and what they learned, and built DCA.

And I think that is a main point for many who dislike DCA, they FAILED to use their knowledge and over 40 years of past history to build it.

It would be one thing if it was Disney's first park, but it wasn't and why people say WTF.....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• DL Nerd

Kinda hard to believe that there is so much discussion about DCA.

There are so many crappier parks out there. Be thankful.
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by Junthor View Post

I 100% agree!

...Joe...

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DCAFTW View Post
    ...blah, blah ....
    All we can do is have an open mind (you might want to look up what that means) and be respectful of each others opinions, because that's all they are.
    Start by example, if you don't mind.
    Because, all I see is that my opinion means nothing to you. And that you have a closed mind when it comes to the sucktitude (you might want to look that word up) that is DCA.

I respect your opinion (well, the blah, blah part notwithstanding). The part where you wouldn't buy a ticket only to DCA. That's golden.
    Now, would you buy a ticket only to DCA for, say, $25? $35? Or, to let you fill in the blank: how much would you pay for a single day, DCA-only ticket?

Hmm, this is too ambiguous, since DL is right across La Esplanade, and it is still a viable option for your entertainment dollars.

Let's try this instead, and everyone else can play along, too:
    1. How much would you pay for a one-day DL-only ticket? (I think most of us can agree that the current price is too high, right?) Assume no AP's are available.
    2. Assuming that the price of a one-day DL-only ticket is exactly as you answered in Q#1, how much would you pay for a one-day DCA-only ticket?

Here are my answers:
    1. $40. (Note that I'd be paying for four. And I'd be going maybe every other year.)
    2. $25. But I'd have to be in the area for some other reason. To drive 80 miles for DCA only? $15.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Junthor View Post

The discussion of the craptitude of other parks is in other forums.

• Banned User

No.
    i like how it is now.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    HUH???

OK, back in the 1950's there were very few theme parks, maybe just Knott's and Santa Claus Land (now known as Holiday World).

Walt Disney had a dream and built DIsneyland, which became a huge hit from day ONE. As pointed out earlier, they restricted attendance the first summer and sold out almost every day.

Walt Disney and his team learned, both prior to building the park by visiting places like Knott's to study traffic flows, queues, etc. And kept learning and improving. The New York World's Fair was the first time they used the skills and knowledge they learned from Disneyland and built some of the most popular attractions at the World's Fair for many different companies.

Then they went out and built other Theme Parks in Orlando and Paris there were acclaimed parks that got very positive reviews, and used knowledge from Disneyland and the World's Fair to make even more improvements.

Then something happened, most folks think it was management, that failed to look to the past and what they learned, and built DCA.

And I think that is a main point for many who dislike DCA, they FAILED to use their knowledge and over 40 years of past history to build it.

It would be one thing if it was Disney's first park, but it wasn't and why people say WTF.....
    Yes but Disneyland didn't do so well at first either did it? What about DLP? It took a while but it started working out but it took time. The concept for DCA is a great one, but with the huge budget cuts (can anyone think of Tomorrowland in 1955? No money left) we got what we have now. Yeah the people yawned when the gates opened, but it's the same answer to why:

It's not Disneyland.

Disneyland already has a name for itself, DCA will continue to try and make a name for itself (and hopefully money thrown at it will).
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Circle of Ancients

No. I enjoy going to DCA.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
    I'm not going to speak for him since I'm not him. However, I have a hard time believing your statement above, sediment, considering Darkbeer recently started a thread called "...A New DCA Sucks Thread." Doesn't sound like he loves DCA to me. Far from it.

...Joe...
    Meh, he does it for the shock value. He's the Fox News of DCA.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

I think this point belongs in this thread, but it comes from something I read in the "DCA Sucks" thread...

How many of you would visit DCA if it was located at the Strawberry Field area off of Harbor south of Katella Ave instead of right across the way from Disneyland?

Would it be worth it to take the time, effort and the trams/buses/walking to get from the Disneyland gates to DCA?

I know some like going to DCA to grab a bite to eat and take a break from Disneyland, and then head back to the main park. But what if you had to take the 20, 30 minutes to go between parks, similar to WDW? Would you visit DCA as much as you do now?
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast