Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DCA admission

• Dreams Do Come True!

Exclamation DCA admission

ok heres what bothers me! you pay $63.00 dollars for a regular disneyland admission,a full day of great entertainment exciting rides.ok! ok! the restaunts arent exquisite!! i say you get what you PAY for. BUT! then theres DCA you pay the Same admission for a not so exciting park with little rides and crappy entertainment and not so great eating experinces! i think the price should be lowered!!!!! what do you think!?
    Last edited by serviceelevator; 09-05-2007 at 04:22 PM.

• Fighter Pilot

Re: DCA admission

I say if we can't discriminate, then the prices should do that for us

• враг народа

Blog Entries

The price of a one day admission ticket has long been a subject of discussion. The reality is that Disney is not looking for people to purchase admission for one day and one park. Disney would prefer to sell guests the One Day Park Hopper.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    The price of a one day admission ticket has long been a subject of discussion. The reality is that Disney is not looking for people to purchase admission for one day and one park. Disney would prefer to sell guests the One Day Park Hopper.
    That wasn't the case back in 2001 when DCA opened, back then there were no ParkHoppers sold to the General Public (even Multi-Days). Disney wanted to sell you a Single Day, Single Park ticket since that is where they make the most profit on attendance.

But hardly anyone want to do it back in 2001, and less want to do it today.

I really think that Disney would love to sell DCA tickets for less, but there is an "image" issue. But they do it in other ways, "2 days free" when you buy a ParkHopper in advance, the "Pay for Disneyland, get DCA for free" offers, etc.

But yes, I think having $29 Single Day tickets at DCA at the Main Gate would be a GOOD thing. (Price based on Knott's and SFMM ticket offers).
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• NOT at Disneyland...

Quote Originally Posted by serviceelevator View Post
    ok heres what bothers me! you pay $63.00 dollars for a regular disneyland admission,a full day of great entertainment exciting rides and exquisite restaurants BUT! then theres DCA you pay the Same admission for a not so exciting park with little rides and crappy entertainment and not so great eating experinces! i think the price should be lowered!!!!! what do you think!?
    I think:

1. I don't know what your definition of "exquisite restaurants" is but there isn't one in Disneyland or DCA.

2. I don't know what your definition of "crappy entertainment" is but I would rather sit through Alladdin, DEP, and Block Party Bash than watch the tired old parade at Disneyland or any of the past few stage shows at the Fantasyland Theatre.

3. I don't know what your definition of "exciting park" park is but I think DCA has more "energy" than Disneyland.

4. I don't know what your definition of "little rides" rides is, but I have three words: Soarin', Tower, Screamin'. I think DCA has a number of cool, fun, attractions.

So I think DCA is worth the same admission, but the bigger question is why someone would pay $63 dollars to get into only one park when for $83 dollars you can get a park hopper and enjoy Disneyland in the morning, escape to DCA when Disneyland gets unbearably crowded, and head back to Disneyland in the evening and enjoy Disneyland After Dark.
    MEGADISNEY
    Walt Disney Company Stockholder
    D23 Charter Member
    Disneyland Premium Annual PassholderEXPIRED

• Another part of me

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    The reality is that Disney is not looking for people to purchase admission for one day and one park. Disney would prefer to sell guests the One Day Park Hopper.
    Agreed! And what better way than to sell tickets to both parks for $63.00, hey the way I look at it is I am only paying $20.00 do get into DCA. I bet some people buy hoppers, thinking they will make it over to DCA and never do. So Disney just made an easy $20.

• Collision speed....FULL!

From what I remember, Tony Baxter had an idea of having DCA be FREE and be part of Downtown Disney, BUT, you would have to pay for the individual rides very much like Disneyland in the early years.

• DL Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by serviceelevator View Post
    ok heres what bothers me! you pay $63.00 dollars for a regular disneyland admission,a full day of great entertainment exciting rides and exquisite restaurants BUT! then theres DCA you pay the Same admission for a not so exciting park with little rides and crappy entertainment and not so great eating experinces! i think the price should be lowered!!!!! what do you think!?
    not so much....

There are far worse theme parks out there that charge the same.

it's gotten to the point now where I think that if you serve hamburger to people who eat steak all the time, The hamburger is gonna look like crap.
    Last edited by Junthor; 09-05-2007 at 01:03 PM.
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

• Knight that says Nee!!

Since I am not a local, when I go to DLR it is for several days and I want to see both parks. I wouldn't, even if I were local, bother with a one park/one day ticket (even if it were reduced in price) unless I was going for a particular thing.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

If I was paying to get into DCA I'd do the same thing I do every year for Knott's. I'd wait for Toy's for Tots day, buy a monopoly game and get in for free.

Everyone wins. I get in for a $12 game. Knotts makes on the money I spend for chow and drinks. And the entrance fee goes to a worthy cause.

SOunds like a winner to me.

Chad

• Knight that says Nee!!

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    If I was paying to get into DCA I'd do the same thing I do every year for Knott's. I'd wait for Toy's for Tots day, buy a monopoly game and get in for free.

Everyone wins. I get in for a $12 game. Knotts makes on the money I spend for chow and drinks. And the entrance fee goes to a worthy cause.

SOunds like a winner to me.

Chad
    Because they do so many toys for tots exchanges at DLR.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDisney View Post
    I think:

1. I don't know what your definition of "exquisite restaurants" is but there isn't one in Disneyland or DCA.

2. I don't know what your definition of "crappy entertainment" is but I would rather sit through Alladdin, DEP, and Block Party Bash than watch the tired old parade at Disneyland or any of the past few stage shows at the Fantasyland Theatre.

3. I don't know what your definition of "exciting park" park is but I think DCA has more "energy" than Disneyland.

4. I don't know what your definition of "little rides" rides is, but I have three words: Soarin', Tower, Screamin'. I think DCA has a number of cool, fun, attractions.

So I think DCA is worth the same admission, but the bigger question is why someone would pay $63 dollars to get into only one park when for $83 dollars you can get a park hopper and enjoy Disneyland in the morning, escape to DCA when Disneyland gets unbearably crowded, and head back to Disneyland in the evening and enjoy Disneyland After Dark.
    Go MegaDisney!!!
    Go Disney's California Adventure!!!
    DCA, you're just a pimply teenager now. Wait for puberty to pass.
    Last edited by I. Queue; 09-05-2007 at 02:04 PM.

It'll get better soon, my theme park hunchback.

I. Queue
    The world is cruel
    The world is wicked
    It's I alone whom you can trust in this whole city
    I am your only friend
    I who keep you, teach you, feed you, dress you
    I who look upon you without fear
    How can I protect you, boy, unless you
    Always stay in here
    Away in here
    Remember what I taught you, Disney's California Adventure
    You are deformed

Disney's California Adventure

I am deformed

I. Queue

And you are ugly

And I am ugly

I. Queue

And these are crimes
    For which the world
    Shows little pity
    You do not comprehend

You are my one defender

I. Queue

Out there they'll revile you
    As a monster

I am a monster

I. Queue
    Out there they will hate
    And scorn and jeer
    Last edited by I. Queue; 09-05-2007 at 02:17 PM.

• DL Nerd

All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

• Knight that says Nee!!

yeah...ok...anyway

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast