Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Boogers are salty

If DCA were a Six Flags Park, would it be more popular?

DCA lacks what makes all other Disney parks magical, Sure its Disney, but its not a themepark as much as it is an amusmentpark. If it was a SF park that was filled with Looney Tunes and wasnt next to Disneyland It would actually be an alright Amusement park, not with the thrills of Magic Mountain, but more family orientated (except for the booze). If it were built next to MM instead I think they would compliment each other very well.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Re: If DCA were a Six Flags Park, would it be more popular?

Yeah, the gang-bangers would have another place to hang out and act tough...

If an orange was an apple would it taste sweeter????
    BRYANT - MEGADISNEY
    Owner/Travel Advisor - Magical Partners Travel
    Walt Disney Company Stockholder
    D23 Charter Member

This is Silly... What Makes DCA not Magical? Disney Parks are clean, efficient, themed with courteous employees. Six Flags parks have none of these factors executed properly. DCA meets all of these things... Sure Paradise Pier could use a little more theming but it is still Clean, Efficient and has courteous workers.
    People who Patron Six Flags put these asside to go on Highly thrilling attractions. All of DCA rides are Family thrilling but bore many Thrill Seekers.
    Regarding Popularity, DCA has higher Attendance then all other SoCal Parks Six Flags, Universal, Seaworld, Knotts, and Legoland. How much more popular do you want it to get?

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/200704/320/

• Boogers are salty

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer1985 View Post
    Regarding Popularity, DCA has higher Attendance then all other SoCal Parks Six Flags, Universal, Seaworld, Knotts, and Legoland. How much more popular do you want it to get?
    Only because its on the hopper pass. Its like riding a moped, its fun until your friends catch you doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1disneynut2another View Post
    Only because its on the hopper pass. Its like riding a moped, its fun until your friends catch you doing it.
    Same Can be said about Epcot, Disney Studios and Animal Kingdom?

Also Six Flags, Universal and Seaworld give out Season Passes for the price of a One Day admission at some point during the year and they still dont come close...

• When Will It Return?

Magic Mountain has actually made quite a few improvements this year. The latest improvement being that the arcade machines are scan card operated now, without the ridiculous upcharging that Gameworks & D&B have. In fact, Xtreme Season Pass holders now get a free dollar's worth of games each visit.

DCA doesn't have an arcade of any sort.

Magic Mountain > DCA? Hmmmmm....

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

Arcade
    Dca: 0 Six Flags: 1

• Circle of Ancients

Let's put it this way ... IF DCA were a Six Flags park, it would be one of the better ones. BUT ... it wouldn't have the Six Flags Clientelle.

It's too clean, run too well and there are only 2 coasters.

Oh, and there is no arcade.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    Magic Mountain has actually made quite a few improvements this year. The latest improvement being that the arcade machines are scan card operated now, without the ridiculous upcharging that Gameworks & D&B have. In fact, Xtreme Season Pass holders now get a free dollar's worth of games each visit.

DCA doesn't have an arcade of any sort.

Magic Mountain > DCA? Hmmmmm....

-- PMM
    I thought the improvement would be removing the LAUSD metal detectors. Every time I went to Six Flags I would think "So this is what it's like to play in the yard at Chino!"
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Minion

Well, I'm just thinking about this as I type but...
    for me DCA is actually pretty hard to compare to MM. I mean DCA is a Disney theme park and MM is a run of the mill Amusement park. DCA is like a diamond in the rough to me, i mean it has its moments and given the opportunity (and money) it could really shine. also the park offerings are a bit different. a cool parade with bankable and well known characters and family oriented rides. so there is something for every theme park goer.

the thing about magic mountain is that it's focus is on thrill rides and the story and atmosphere is compromised. I didn't go on superman because I felt the ride designers gave a weak attempt at theming.
    oy I don't know how I feel on tis one...

Honestly, I'm not sure that would do DCA any favors. I can't speak for all Six Flags parks, but I know that when I go to my local SF park (Great America, Gurnee Illinois) it's only for the roller coasters, which is about the only thing Disney parks don't do better. DCA doesn't really have enough good thrill rides to compete with at least the Illinois Six Flags, as far as I'm concerned. Now on theming, which is non-existent in most "amusement" parks, DCA still does better.

I guess that what I'm saying, then, is that if you're a coaster fan like I am, and that's why you go to Six Flags parks, then DCA wouldn't be a terribly impressive specimen. But the theming is better, and it is generally cleaner, the CMs livelier and so on. So you'd really need to know, do most people go to Six Flags parks for a family experience or for the thrill rides?
    You don't need me or my ham, cheese, cheese, cheese, tomato, cheese, ham and tomato sandwiches. And cheese.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Sir.Mouse View Post
    Well, I'm just thinking about this as I type but...
    for me DCA is actually pretty hard to compare to MM. I mean DCA is a Disney theme park and MM is a run of the mill Amusement park. DCA is like a diamond in the rough to me, i mean it has its moments and given the opportunity (and money) it could really shine. also the park offerings are a bit different. a cool parade with bankable and well known characters and family oriented rides. so there is something for every theme park goer.

the thing about magic mountain is that it's focus is on thrill rides and the story and atmosphere is compromised. I didn't go on superman because I felt the ride designers gave a weak attempt at theming.
    oy I don't know how I feel on tis one...
    I think the point of the question was that DCA, being a Disney park, has the "unfortunate baggage" (For DCA) of expectations of high quality and over the top entertainment value.

If DCA were a Six Flags park, everyone would be ohhing and ahhing that Six Flags has improved their parks beyond expectations, almost Disney level.

Of course the hard core Six Flags fans woud be ripping the park because it doesn't have the extreme thrill rides that they are looking for.

• I'm baaaaccckkk!

Blog Entries

I'm not defending six flags or anything but.... Disneyland has the "Starcade"...
    <3 Chloe

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    I think the point of the question was that DCA, being a Disney park, has the "unfortunate baggage" (For DCA) of expectations of high quality and over the top entertainment value.
    yeah I didn't totally get the question. by saying a six flags park does that mean a six flags type park or if Disney owned a six flags.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast