View Poll Results: What do people enjoy most about Disneyland?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Watching fireworks

2 13.33%
  • Watching parades

1 6.67%
  • Greeting the characters

1 6.67%
  • Riding the rides

3 20.00%
  • Sharing fond memories with children

1 6.67%
  • Reliving your youth as a child

2 13.33%
  • Spending time with a special loved one

2 13.33%
  • Escaping the real world to enter a world of fantasy

5 33.33%
  • Other...

2 13.33%
  • all of the above

8 53.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Fond Disneyland memories

One of my favorite DL memories is being in the Parade of Stars w/ my best friend when we were there for our birthday celebration (yearly event, highly important).
    I got to dance w/ my favorite Pooh character Eeyore and she got to dance w/ her favorite Piglet!

As if the parade wasn't enough, later that day our group was in line for POTC and the cm working the line made the announcement it was our birthdays (we were wearing our stickers) and the WHOLE LINE sang happy bday to us!!

It was the best day ever!
    A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Cinderella, My mom loves Eeyore too. Everytime I visit Disneyland, I try to get her Eeyore plush dolls. I even went as far to make a mirror with images of eeyore on it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I remember when I was a senior and went to Disneyland for my High schools senior day. It was cool because no one had to be chartered around by adults unless they had an adult they wanted to hang out with. So that day I went on the pooh ride and Big Thunder, first thing in the morning, and after that I took the opportunity to be a free man and roam Disneyland for the rest of the day by myself. That was fun. But when Disneyland closed down for the evening, I met up with a friend, my teacher, and her nephew, and together we had dinner at the pizzaria towards the entrance of Downtown Disney. Then after Dinner and a bit of begging, my teacher helped me buy "Walt: the man behind the myth" DVD. I felt kind of bad about it but I knew it was something that is hard to find elsewhere (Other than Disney places and the internet, but I don't trust the internet often.)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Oh I went on Pooh and Thunder first thing in the morning with my teacher and her nephew before I was free and on my own.

I also forgot to mention that when lunchtime came around, I met my teacher, her nephew, and my friend for lunch at the French Market and we had the clam chowder in the sourdough bred bowl while a live band played on the stage.

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

The year was 1987 and I was four years old. My family traveled to San Diego for Christmas to vist my Uncle and Aunt out there (I was born and raised and still live in the Atlanta area, GA). The big present that year was for a family trip to Disneyland the day after Christmas. I was so excited. I was already a huge Disney fan at that early age.

Driving to Anaheim the next day I was wide-eyed with anticipation. I remember day dreaming of meeting Mickey Mouse at the gate and then running freely down Main Stret to the castle. Of course this was not possible because the crowds were so thick.

I was like a kid in a candy store. I was so overwhelmed I didn't know what to do with myself. I regret passing over 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea because I wanted to see what the other rides were. While sitting down in Fantasyland I saw the Sword in The Stone by the Carousel. Even though I had no success (nobody in my family did) in pulling out the sword, it was exciting to try.

What I remember most of all about the visit was the wonderfful parade. I think back then they called it Fantasy On Parade. Most of the parade had floats representing classic Disney stories. Then towards the end there were Christmas floats and Santa Claus. I got a kick out of all the Christmas characters (reindeer, dolls, soldiers, trees, gingerbread cookies, and those cute snomen that danced and bounced up and down). I remember the parade vivdly because my Dad had his camcorder rolling. I think the tape is down in the basement somewhere.

After the Parade we took a ride on the Disneyland Railroad. Primevil World was a hoot! What a great idea Walt had in creating it! By the time we got back to the station nightfall was setting in. so we decided to walk around and look at all the pretty lighted decorations. We did not get to see MSEP but I remember being close enough to hear the Baroque Hoedown. Everytime i hear it now I become hypnotized like I did when I heard it the first time.

Before we left we got in the line for It's A Small World. I had a video with a sing-along of the ride so I knew all the words already. I sang along with glee like I had ridden the ride 50 times before! Then it was time to head to the parking lot and make our way back to San Diego-But not without a Sorcerer Mickey plush Woo Hoo!

I have been to WDW a few times since but I have always wanted to go back to Disneyland. I had such a wonderful time. But I don't think a trip there will ever compare to the memories made on my first visit.

Happy 50th Birthday Disneyland. You have blessed the children of the world with memories that last a lifetime. May it forever be that way. You may have your flaws but you are always the original and best!

Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BDBopper
    Driving to Anaheim the next day I was wide-eyed with anticipation. I remember day dreaming of meeting Mickey Mouse at the gate and then running freely down Main Stret to the castle.
    I know exactly what you mean. When I was young, to me Going to Disneyland was like having a birthday. The day before I would go, I would never be able to get any sleep because of how excited I was. I also could never figure out how my parents could get any sleep since we were going to see mickey at Disneyland the next day.

• Ohhh baboo :(

10 miles from the DLR. AP Holder for 9 years.

I remember not being able to sleep the day before I would go to Disneyland too!!!

hehehe, I would just be SO freaking excited I couldn't sit still.

Then in the car, as soon as I saw "DISNEYLAND NEXT EXIT" I started bouncing up and down.

• And, THEN she said...

my fond memory would have to be the day that i won my 1986 Pontiac Firebird dont remember the celebration number but it was back in 86 i want to say the 30th celelbration...if anyone remembers feel free to pop up with it!

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

I have a few:

Space Mountain, 1977 - I was the typical 4-year-old, being dragged through the queue for the very first time, since I met the height requirements. I was something like this: . I begged and pled and cried that I didn't want to go on, but my dad made me anyway. When we pulled back into the loading area after the ride, I was like: . Needless to say, we rode a few more times that day, and it's been my favorite ride ever since.

My First Mickey, 1976 - We were eating at Carnation Plaza Gardens, and I saw this cute little Mickey plush sticking out of the white wire back of a little boy's chair (he was sitting against him). I was instantly in love. (With the Mickey - not the little boy. ) My parents took me to the Character Shop (now the Star Trader) and let me pick one from the shelf. He's still with me to this day, and stays at the top of my bed, even when I travel.

The Love of My Life, 2004 - It was back in the early days of Single Rider meets, when I called for a "Singles' Awareness Day (SAD)" meet on Valentine's Day. A really cute single guy who looked like a cross between Frodo and Harry Potter came was in town visiting a friend, so she brought him with her. I knew from the moment I saw him descend the Mickey & Friends escalator that I was in love. We hit it off, he moved out here from New Jersey, and we've been together ever since.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by viewaskewniverse
    Then in the car, as soon as I saw "DISNEYLAND NEXT EXIT" I started bouncing up and down.
    To me, when I first saw Matterhorn breaking the skyline on the way to Disneyland, I always got a sense of fresh air and the fact that I had just entered into another magical world. Then when I would arrive at the gates of Disneyland, I always wanted to do this--- &

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile
    The Love of My Life, 2004 - It was back in the early days of Single Rider meets, when I called for a "Singles' Awareness Day (SAD)" meet on Valentine's Day. A really cute single guy who looked like a cross between Frodo and Harry Potter came was in town visiting a friend, so she brought him with her. I knew from the moment I saw him descend the Mickey & Friends escalator that I was in love. We hit it off, he moved out here from New Jersey, and we've been together ever since.
    Now thats a great love story.

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

Thumbs up Re: Fond Disneyland memories

I don't know why but after reading that beautiful and touching story I can't help but remember what Sleeping Beauty taught me.

Love Conquers All!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

• Just Can't Get Enough

Even though the marriage hasn't survived, one of my fondest Disneyland memories occured in September of 2003...

My then guy friend and I had spent the day running back and forth between the parks, riding all the rides and just having lots of fun in general. I'd liked him for a few months, but we were just friends. But that afternoon, just as the parade began, we stood under the shade of a tree near Snow White's wishing well and he kissed me. Later that night, we met up with some friends and watched Fantasmic while locked in one another's arms. Quite a wonderful day, it was.

Our honeymoon and watching the fireworks over the castle is another fond memory.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing.
    -------------------------------------
    Vows are spoken
    To be broken
    Feelings are intense
    Words are trivial
    Pleasures remain
    So does the pain
    Words are meaningless
    And forgettable

• Traveler to the south

I have so many but I think it's the yearly trip I took with my Dad. We would wait for the MSEP at the bend in the path, right in front of the Matterhorn. The world seemed like a safer place back then but he would leave me there, as a little kid, and run and get us burgers and drinks from Tomorrowland and then we would sit and eat and then the lights would dim and the music would start...and I think you know the rest! I miss those days!
    "Remember: when life gives you lemons, just be glad you're not a zebra."
    - Skipper Mike

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Well, my favorite Disney magic one was mentioning to my friend that I wanted to ride in the nosecone of the monorail, then having the conducter step off and ask if I wanted to ride in it. Pure magic!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast