Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Sad I was part of a "4 shot" boat on JC tonight =(

And hope its something I will never, ever have to experience again! We had a woman get physically violent with any guest sitting within kicking or hitting range just right past the elephant bathing scene. This included not just adults but her first few kicks were towards an area where small children were sitting. My fiancee and I were right up front next to the skipper and I can not commend him enough for handling the situation as calmly as he did -- we felt so bad for him. His hands were shaking horribly when he was loading the caps, I don't blame him though, I was shaking by the time we got off!! Thanks to the boards I knew exactly what he was doing and told my fiancee he was going to fire off shots to let the dock know we would be coming back fast!

I tell you, I never wanted to hear all of the corny jokes as much as I did as were bumping full boar back to the docks. I am not sure exactly what was wrong with the woman but there was something off (if I had to guess I would say possibly autistic but that would just be an educated guess at best) - I have never, ever in my life seen someone get so angry and physically violent for no reason besides the fact that the poor people were sitting in front of her and looked at her. What was more unfortunate is that neither she or the older woman who was with her spoke english at all. I didn't recognize the language they were speaking but it made it very difficult for anyone around (including the skipper) to communicate with the woman with her.

It actually took 3 large men to restrain the woman and thank goodness for them! The woman that was with her could not control her at all - not sure what would have happened had they men not acted. My stomach dropped when the guy she had been kicking jumped her (I thought he was retaliating) but he was the first to start to hold her down. And I know that sounds horrible but they were trying to be as gentle as possible to not hurt her and the mans wife was actually sitting next to them monitoring what was happening.

So yeah -- out of the umpteen million times I have been to Disneyland this was definitely a first (and I hope a last) seeing anything like this.

I came back (we rode the ride again right before closing - just to kinda end the day on the ride on a good note) and made sure to get the name of the skipper and wrote a very long compliment letter for him at City Hall as I had a feeling there would probably be a lot of people from the boat there to complain (they shut the ride down and not that I expected it, but they didn't offer anyone a chance to ride again-which is totally understable). I wanted to make sure someone knew he really did do a good job with a very difficult and dangerous situation!

Sorry this came out so long -- it was just so unbelievable -- I felt like I stepped on to the boat to bizarro world! Oh and what made it worse, is we actually had a funny, interactive skipper first time in a while! I felt jipped!

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Re: I was part of a "4 shot" boat on JC tonight =(

thats freaky... That poor CM..

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Just this guy......

I'm glad to hear that you are OK. I'm sorry to hear of problems like this.

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Craazy stuff right there. I'm sorry this happened but at least the CM was really good about everything...I can't imagine what your post might have said if he had acted otherwise.
    dreams. come. true.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyLuvr81 View Post
    Sorry this came out so long -- it was just so unbelievable -- I felt like I stepped on to the boat to bizarro world!
    Wow, no kidding! Well thank goodness no one in the boat got hurt. I'm glad you took the time to get the CM's name and write a compliment letter at city hall. And it sounds as though you made the best of the situation, ending the day on a happy note that is. Freaky stuff happens sometimes, but the illusion of safety at DL has never once broken for me.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Glad to hear everything went well.
    I would hope the skipper would get backed up in a positive way in trying to get the situation under control. It's amazing how people complain when your trying to help.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Wow! How scary! I'm glad it had a positive turn out.

• Circle of Ancients

Wow, that's crazy. I never knew about the 4-shot thing. Glad everybody was seemingly okay.

Good thing they brought the guns back.

(sorry, couldn't resist)

• Shubisha

Shoulda thrown her overboard to cool her off =P

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post

Good thing they brought the guns back.

(sorry, couldn't resist)
    See... guns are good!
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• "I Break Things"

Well... now hopefully some understand why it is the older Skips are so afraid of those 4 shots. I can say with 95% certainty that the reason no one was offered a backdoor (think they call them re-ad's these days... pass for another ride) is that they needed everyone away from the dock ASAP. 4 shots... that means we don't know what the HE!L is coming back but it's not going to be pretty so clean house and clear river... get them home now. Glad to hear everything is ok.

Side note... yes... I've been through 2 of them.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama View Post
    See... guns are good!
    Yeah, it's only the ammunition that's bad.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Thank you for sharing.

I feel so sorry for that poor skipper. Of course they are trained for emergencies, but think what a shock it would be to be half way through your comedy routine and then suddenly be signaling an emergency and rushing back to the dock. Yikes. But sounds like he was well trained!

Glad none of you were hurt.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Again! Again! Again!

That's pretty scary. Kudos to the skipper and to you for putting in a good word for him.

And on another note, I hope that lady is ok.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Wow ! That poor skipper and all the other guests. Thankfully it all turned out ok, but what an awful ordeal for eveyone. Thank you for putting in a good word for the skipper, it sounds like he totally deserved it.

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast