Late Opens / Early Closes?

Hey everyone,

I was trying to help one of my friends who is looking into planning a trip to the park in the next few months determine what he wanted to do when he got there. He asked me a question that I figured these boards would help with, as when I wrote Disney they seemed to not understand the question!

Anyway, he had been looking at the Disneyland calendar, and there is a star on every date that says, "Hours vary by location." The question is which hours vary by location? Is it rides (Toontown closes early for fireworks, right?), is it food places, is it something else? Whatever it is, if it opens at a different time, I'd like to know what it is so I could pass it on to him. His plan had been to probably do during the week in November, and his thoughts had been to eat in the park after opening, so if we know which restaurants, if any, are regularly closed at park open, that would be great.

Any refurbishments planned for that time of year? (Late Oct / Early Nov)

Thanks!

• The Tomorrowland One

Re: Late Opens / Early Closes?

The star on the Disneyland.com calendar is for Downtown Disney. As all locations in DTD are not owned by Disney, they do not know the operational hours for all locations. And the hours do vary by location.

But it is true that Toontown opens an hour later than the rest of the park and it closes early on fireworks nights. Pirates Lair also opens later and closes at dusk. Especially on late nights, a lot of the food service places close early, though you can always find some food somewhere. But, the Main Street stores are open an hour after the park closes. I don't know if they do it the same on Main Street, but once I was shopping at World of Disney and even though I hadn't lined up to purchase quite a while after closing, no one rushed me or told me to purchase now or leave, and I was far from being the only one left a half hour after closing.
    Last edited by nemopoppins; 09-06-2007 at 10:06 PM. Reason: grammer fix

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nemopoppins View Post
    But it is true that Toontown opens an hour later than the rest of the park and it closes early on fireworks nights.
    True. Toontown opens an hour after the park, but Mickey's Morning Madness opens at park opening.

Pirates Lair also opens later and closes at dusk.
    True, as well as rafts and canoes. Canoes opens late and closes early for Fantasmic!, even there is one.

But, the Main Street stores are open an hour after the park closes.
    True for your shopping convience. It is to gather everyone on Mains Street, before kicking them out, and it's easier to buy your souveniors at the end of the day so you don't have to carry it all day.

• Former Starspeeder Pilot

Some of the restaurants have different opening and closing times. I believe the chicken strip and fish place outside of the Golden Horseshoe closes in the early evening, and the Blue Bayou does, too. There's a small table service restaurant on Main Street right next to the Blue Ribbon Bakery that closes earlier as well. I don't think you can really find a list of restaurant opening and closing times provided by Disney, but there may be a website somehwere that lists it. Aside from that, the only other things that open and close at different times have been mentioned by other people. Hope that helps!

Walking in Walt's footsteps