Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Blue Sky Disney Article: More details about Disneyland Resort changes

http://blueskydisney.blogspot.com/20...m-october.html

What got me really excited was this quote:

"The majority of these changes are to take place during the first half of the plan. Most will be done by 2011, with a few projects that will be finished up in 2012... now if all this makes the attendance rise to acceptable levels the remaining five years will be icing on the cake. Trust me folks, if you show your loyalty with what is to come by DCA's tenth you'll get an even bigger surprise over the next five years"

If they replace the sun wheel face with a Mickey face does that mean they're going to take out the Mickey face from the loop in CS? Maybe they're going to go through with the villans makeover after all. I couldn't possibly see two giant Mickey faces side by side with each other. It takes away from the uniqueness.

Re: Blue Sky Disney Article: More details about Disneyland Resort changes

sweet

• Minion

Sounds like a rehash of Al's last update, with a few little details or reworded concepts thrown in. Not much new information there, but a second confirmation of what Al has been saying all summer is nice to have.

Another key fixture of the area likely to go is the sun face on the Sun Wheel. Current proposals are to take the face off and replace it with a Mickey Mouse face.
    Let's hope that this piece of information is actually disinformation.

• One big touch screen.....

Quote Originally Posted by roypar View Post
    replace the sun wheel face with a Mickey face
    *shudder*

• Minion

A couple things jump out -
    Mickey's head on the Sun Wheel? Kinda bizarre. Sounds like they're trying to make the park more kid friendly. Thankfully, the Sun Wheel isn't very iconic so it won't be painful to look at, unlike Sorceror Mickey's Spaceship Earth.

The second thing that doesn't sound too great is putting a ride in the center of a helix. A ride surrounded by wooden coaster supports just doesn't sound very visually appealing.

• Minion

The trails over by GRR is the one place my kids love about DCA. According to this, they might get removed. I hope they don't get yanked for an e-ticket. (Not that i don't want an E-ticket ride) Actually isn't the hotel right next to that? An e-ticket might get a little loud for the hotel guests.

• șoș Tom șoș

Having read this guys article, I am clearly reminded why I don't stray far from Miceage for Disney news. Al has a way of talking about these projects and rumors without throwing other authors and websites under the bus.

This article feels like a lot of hot air to me.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

The article seems like a lot of regurgitation of stuff we've been hearing for months, with a couple new things here and there.

What I find particularly disturbing about this article, however, is the Mickey on the sunwheel rumor. If this happens, I will have officially lost every bit of respect and trust I had for WDI. They're already on incredibly thin ice with the Ratatouille and Little Mermaid attraction rumors...

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks View Post
    Having read this guys article, I am clearly reminded why I don't stray far from Miceage for Disney news. Al has a way of talking about these projects and rumors without throwing other authors and websites under the bus.

This article feels like a lot of hot air to me.

How has Honor Hunter thrown anyone under the bus on this update? He may have heard differently from a separate source regarding the same subject. No one is 100% in anything that is leaked due to the fact that Disney's "Blue Sky" plans are constantly changing.

Honor Hunter's updates have been very uplifting and I have enjoyed them for quite some time. In regards to this particular update, I find it 'comforting' to know that Al and Honor's information, while coming from separate sources, are very much similar. And if you are thinking that Honor is just sharing information that he grabs from other websites, I would HIGHLY suggest actually taking time to read previous updates. He not only gives us insight to DLR, but 'Blue Sky Updates' to ALL Disney Theme Parks, The Walt Disney Company, Walt Disney Animation/Pixar.

Call me an optimist but I see a very exciting future for DLR...but that's just my opinion.
    Last edited by ROBONICS95; 09-07-2007 at 10:26 AM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    The article seems like a lot of regurgitation of stuff we've been hearing for months, with a couple new things here and there.

What I find particularly disturbing about this article, however, is the Mickey on the sunwheel rumor. If this happens, I will have officially lost every bit of respect and trust I had for WDI. They're already on incredibly thin ice with the Ratatouille and Little Mermaid attraction rumors...
    Relax this guy is just collecting decent rumors from the net and packaging them together like sausages and passing it off as his own "insider info".

I highly doubt they would waste time/money/effort changing the sunwheel.

Little Mermaid I can forgive since it was a great movie and the ride Tony Baxter designed would have been really fun. So I hope this is Baxter's version with even more stuff in it (but no lame video projections please).

The jury is still out on Ratatouille and wether or not its even gonna get built. It shouldn't be too bad though because Brad Bird is a theme park buff and seems like he would be picky how his film is represented in the park...thats probably why the Incredibles e-ticket was going to be so grand (until Universal snatched the rights to use the robot arm vechiles that Disney wanted to use for it).

I can see where the idea for moving Mickey to the Sun Wheel might have something to do with the water show that is currently in design. That might make for an interesting back drop to some of the effects that they are considering.
    The Mur

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

I'm not too concerned about the Sun Wheel getting a Mickey Mouse head placed onto it. I'm sure that Disney won't be using this 1.2 billion dollars to just put up a cheap looking plastic face - that was Eisner's way.

Personally, I think it may look very cool. Although an idea that came to me that could be even better is to have it so that the face changes to a new character every hour. How they'd do this I have no clue, but it's just a thought.

As for the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail...I would be so incredibly happy to see this thing get removed. I know that a lot of you out there are parents with children who like it, but there have been quite a few times when my partner and I have gone to DCA only to see it closed. Therefore, my opinion is to get rid of it and put in something that is more reliable in eating people up. Not to mention the whole point of this renovation is to get more people into the park. Putting a new e-ticket into this location (although how that would be done considering it's a small space is questionable) would help draw more bodies into DCA. Thus, slowly but surely, DCA will no longer be an "annual passholder lounge."

On a side note, I wish some love was going to get pumped into Frontierland and ToonTown. I know that eventually some will and that there's only so much that can be done at once, but it would be nice to hear even some rumors of maybe fixing up a few things here and there in these Lands. If I missed anything about these lands getting fixed in the update on BlueSky let me know.

As for "The Little Mermaid" and that rat ride I'm going to try and not make an opinion yet. The thought of putting these into a theme park called California Adventure sounds a bit absurd, but then again Disney has a tendency to do things that at first sound absurd and then turn out to be great. Granted they've had a tendency to do things that still end up to be absurd, but I digress. LOL

I'm kind of sad that the C-A-L-I-F-O-R-N-I-A lettering will be getting removed. I thought they were a nice addition to the park. I'm probably in the minority on this one, though.

All-in-all it sounds like great things are coming to DCA. Whether it's the way Al has said, whether it's the way BlueSky's site has said, or whether it'll be a variation of the two I'm looking forward to visiting this park in 20 years.

...Joe...

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
    If I missed anything about these lands getting fixed in the update on BlueSky let me know.
    Haven't heard much about ToonTown but Frontierland has been getting a few rumors. Especially with "The Lone Ranger" movie from Disney on it's way, there were rumors of an 'E' ticket ride for Frontierland themed to "The Lone Ranger" and the new rumor from today's update of a "TLR" Show.

Here is the link to the previous update...

Now there is a good chance that the TL "E" Ticket won't be the only "E" Ticket Disneyland gets. Work is progressing on another attraction for Frontierland based on a certain Jerry Bruckheimer production that might be out in a few years. That's all I can say about that, Kemo Sabe.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by ROBONICS95 View Post
    Haven't heard much about ToonTown but Frontierland has been getting a few rumors. Especially with "The Lone Ranger" movie from Disney on it's way, there were rumors of an 'E' ticket ride for Frontierland themed to "The Lone Ranger" and the new rumor from today's update of a "TLR" Show.

Here is the link to the previous update...
    Thanks! That makes me happier. Frontierland seriously needs some TLC given to it stat! So does Mickey's ToonTown!

An attraction based off of "The Lone Ranger" sound promising. I'm very interested in hearing what this could be like. Hmmmmmmmm...

Thanks again!

...Joe...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast