Thread: sept 6th

• 'Sleeping Beauty'

sept 6th

So my trip to disneyland yesterday was quite interesting to say the least, a lot is happening and not happening all at the same time!

I started out by going to snow whites fountain all was well there except I was trying to have somewhat of a romantic moment with my boyfriend, which was ruined by a guy on a cell phone who wouldn't go away :/ aha! talk about mood spoiler!

we proceeded to go onto the subs the attendant said there was to be a 45 minute wait...it only turned out to be 25 which wasn't bad at all, it was my first time on this ride and my only report really is the fact I thought parts were really scary and made me jump out of my seat! the scary light bulb fish! ahhhhhh! how come I am the only one who thinks this is to scary for kids!

Sleeping beauty's castle is being worked on :]]]] yay! at last.... I asked a cast member (and can I add the only 'somewhat' helpful cast member in some time!) and she said it was never extinct in the first place...just being refurbished! soo happy! soon it will be taken off of yesterland!

the mural in tomorrow land (left hand side) opposite star tours, is covered with painting cloth, I hope, I hope, I hope they are bringing the mary blair mural back!

The pirate with the many hats on his head is missing from pirates...I asked a cast member, who really unhelpfully replied...'I dunno!'

Whilst riding through mr toads wild ride, somebody tripped a sensor outside the car and we had to walk off complete with lights on, no animatronics, or sounds...I made a video (will post soon)!

On indiana jones I asked a cast member where the eyeore sign was located...she replied in the scaffolding somewhere :/ and I don't have a torch... hmmm helpful.
    Major parts of this ride where not working..in the line area the rope which says do not pull's sound effect was not playing,on the ride most of the fire near the bridge was not working (which made it seem really mediocre) except one flame above the bridge, The headlights were not working, The skeleton room with the famous ear hatted 'bones' was not lit up hence leaving it in pure darkness (wierd) and once we got too the second boulder where we see indy for the last time we the music and sound effects stopped working for 40 seconds and our car was stuck there for 3 minutes.

tarzan's treehouse has now reopened (i have no idea why!) as it doesn't look as though its been repaired at all...looks very worn down!

other things closed for refurbishment: Casey Jr. Circus Train
    River Belle Terrace :[ all the fronts torn off!

Storybook Land Canal Boats

What I hated about my trip was the stupid closing of hm to make way for hmh, my visit never seems to satisfy me unless I've heard grim grinning ghosts at least 5 times, I feel bad for people out of state who didn't get to ride it!

that's all I can think of for now <3

Re: sept 6th

Thanks for the trip report/update! And welcome to MiceChat.

• Old Timer

Red Face Re: sept 6th

Unfortunately, by the end of the summer, many rides are in need of r & r. That's why so many rides are closed this time of year. Sorry you hit an especially bad day.

• Minion

Sounds like overall you had a good trip.

Thanks for posting!
    BRYANT - MEGADISNEY
    Owner/Travel Advisor - Magical Partners Travel
    Walt Disney Company Stockholder
    D23 Charter Member

• Future Indy Castmember

Indy did came back from a mini-refurb that occured last week. So expect something like that to happen for the next few weeks as they get the bugs worked out of the new audio system.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• 'Sleeping Beauty'

Quote Originally Posted by jsdmn2 View Post
    Thanks for the trip report/update! And welcome to MiceChat.
    thanks so much :]]

• 'Sleeping Beauty'

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn, Renaissance Woman View Post
    Unfortunately, by the end of the summer, many rides are in need of r & r. That's why so many rides are closed this time of year. Sorry you hit an especially bad day.
    it's all good ive been so many times I should be used to refurbs they suck though,, especially as they are only just opening some stuff

• 'Sleeping Beauty'

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDisney View Post
    Sounds like overall you had a good trip.

Thanks for posting!
    i'm like a cartoon character i live in disneyland :]

• 'Sleeping Beauty'

Quote Originally Posted by MasterChief117 View Post
    Indy did came back from a mini-refurb that occured last week. So expect something like that to happen for the next few weeks as they get the bugs worked out of the new audio system.
    they have a new audio system?
    what did they refurb?

<3