Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Mickeyfan3

Horse Merchandise At Dl & Stable Tours?

Have you ever seen offerings for equine merchandise at DL, online, or else where? Saddle pads or blankets, conchos for bridles and saddles, leg wraps, fly masks, etc?

And on that note.....does anyone know whether it's possible to tour behind the scenes at the Disney stables?

If you have info on either of these, please send me a PM too as I may not have a chance to get back here as soon as I'd like.....

Thanks!
    Counting the minutes......next trip ??????!!!! (to far away!!!)
    That is current Puppy in Training for Guide Dogs for the Blind, TIKI!!!!
    Hoofprints On the Heart Adaptive Riding Center

Re: Horse Merchandise At Dl & Stable Tours?

There are definitely NO tours of Circle D ranch or any other back-stage area.

'Bout as close as you'll get to it from my understanding is the Petting Zoo area, they sometime have one of the Horses from Main Street there.

I have not seen any horse merchandise, but Disney sells toasters and bathroom accesories so you never know.
    BRYANT - MEGADISNEY
    Owner/Travel Advisor - Magical Partners Travel
    Walt Disney Company Stockholder
    D23 Charter Member

Bullseye is about as close as you're going to get as far as merchandising.

And I miss the ol' Big Thunder Ranch back in the day...they had horses, donkeys, cows, and other cool stuff...

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

No but I do have a tiny bell somewhere that I found on the ground on Main Street USA that had fallen off one of the draft horses.

• "I Break Things"

I believe they used to have something similar when it was individualized merchandise, not anymore though. As to backstage the only "tours" are VIP' and Celeb's that need to utilize backstage for security reasons.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Minion

Frontierland used to have a store that had horse merchandise, but its gone now.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by 10-8atDisneyland View Post
    There are definitely NO tours of Circle D ranch or any other back-stage area.
    Well...define "NO tours."

Few months ago, one of the many Club 33 "Members Only" events was breakfast at Big Thunder, followed by a complete backstage visit and tour of the entire Circle D facility, including lots of up-close & personal time with the horsies and other livestock.

Next up in the long tradition of Club 33 Member Events, is the Disneyland Railroad. Cocktails and dinner will be served up at the Club with Guest Speaker Michael Broggie...followed by a private run on the Disneyland Railroad, switching and riding back to the roundhouse on the train, followed by a complete backstage tour of the Railroad's support facilities there.

So some very lucky people manage to get such backstage tours now and then.

Sorry...guess I should have put "to the general public"....as if that needed to be said.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Opus1guy View Post
    Well...define "NO tours."

Few months ago, one of the many Club 33 "Members Only" events was breakfast at Big Thunder, followed by a complete backstage visit and tour of the entire Circle D facility, including lots of up-close & personal time with the horsies and other livestock.

Next up in the long tradition of Club 33 Member Events, is the Disneyland Railroad. Cocktails and dinner will be served up at the Club with Guest Speaker Michael Broggie...followed by a private run on the Disneyland Railroad, switching and riding back to the roundhouse on the train, followed by a complete backstage tour of the Railroad's support facilities there.

So some very lucky people manage to get such backstage tours now and then.

::cough:: spoiled! ::cough::

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Minion

If you're really quick and can beat Custodial, you can get some horse souvenirs on Main Street.

Getting them out of the park is a another matter ...

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    ::cough:: spoiled! ::cough::

Not me. I didn't get to go.

I only got to hear about it second-hand in excruciatingly wonderful detail. And read the invitation to the event.

Most Club 33 "Members Only" events only permit the Member and one guest. So I'm most often "shut-out" of these things by my Member-friend's spouse.

But not all the time. Sometimes she has no interest, or the event allows Member and up to 3 guests. Some of those I've been "spoiled" on.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    If you're really quick and can beat Custodial, you can get some horse souvenirs on Main Street.

Getting them out of the park is a another matter ...
    That's exactly why I miss "Package Pick-Up" so much.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Frontierland used to have a store that had horse merchandise, but its gone now.
    As are ALL of the cool, unique shops that used to be at DL. I miss the kitchen shop in NOS that is now the NBC store.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I don't think a real horse-lover would want to see the stables back there...I have a feeling that those horses don't get very "magical" treatment. But then, I'm rather biased...we spoil ours at home. My dad often complains that the horses are fed better than he is.

Honestly? If you were willing to get creative, go out and get a saddle pad you like, and do an iron-on from your computer (I'd suggest finding a nice image of the Disneyland "D"). Maybe iron the D on a separate piece of fabric and then stitch it onto the saddle pad.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    I don't think a real horse-lover would want to see the stables back there...I have a feeling that those horses don't get very "magical" treatment. But then, I'm rather biased...we spoil ours at home. My dad often complains that the horses are fed better than he is.
    I don't know personally about the horses, but what I have heard, they are treated pretty good. The cats are treated well, vet care and everything.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast