• bigreddisneygirl

Smile Help with walking distances-hotel and DLR

Hi i am going to Disneyland at the end of Aug. and am trying to decide where to stay, i have narrowed it down to the HOJO, Best Western Park Place, and candy cane inn-can anyone tell me which one i can walk from the fastest? i guess the one which is closest to the main entrance? thanks for the help!!

• Minion

Re: Help with walking distances-hotel and DLR

Quote Originally Posted by Dells11
    Hi i am going to Disneyland at the end of Aug. and am trying to decide where to stay, i have narrowed it down to the HOJO, Best Western Park Place, and candy cane inn-can anyone tell me which one i can walk from the fastest? i guess the one which is closest to the main entrance? thanks for the help!!
    The BW Park Place Inn is the closest of the ones you have listed.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Banned User

I would hope that "closeness" isn't the only factor you are using. They're all closer than a walk from one end of the park to the other. All just about the same distance from the gates as DLH or PPH. I don't think the difference between 1/8th of a mile or 3/16ths of a mile should be THE deciding factor in selecting a hotel.

I've stayed at HoJo and love it. I've never stayed at Candy Cane, but hear great things. I believe Best Western is the closest of the 3 you list, but I've heard bad things about it based on price/value.

• bigreddisneygirl

no closeness is not the only factor, i am down to actually making my reservations and wanted to get this last bit of info, the HOJO and Candy Cane are in my budget and i have read wonderful things about these 2 off of a number of disney sites-i picked up a guidebook this weekend that mentioned staying in the 1400-1500 block of harbour blvd would be beneficial if walking and the BW park place was listed so i started to doubt myself!! thank you for your info on it i will probably stick with the HOJO!!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

If you haven't booked at HoJo's, Mousesavers.com has a discount link for HoJo's.

By the way, HoJo's, Candy Cane Inn and Paradise Pier are all the same distance to the Main Entry Plaza, about 3/4 of a mile. HoJo's is basically east of Tomorrowland.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• bigreddisneygirl

Hey Darkbeer, thanks for the tip, also wanted to let you know that i love all of your pics i am addicted to your picture site!!!!!