Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Allergic reactions to DL water

from the rides, not drinking water

I'm not a terribly allergic person (tho I don't do well with Tide detergent) and when I was at DL I noticed if my feet got wet on rides like Splash or GRR at DCA I would get this weird rash on my feet. Also had an allergic reaction on my hand from the ink used to stamp my hand when I left the park.

I've fixed the stamp issue because I've got a PAP now but I need to know if anyone's had any luck in combatting the funky DL water

• Ohhh baboo :(

10 miles from the DLR. AP Holder for 9 years.

Re: Allergic reactions to DL water

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude. Yer not supposed to let the water touch you!!!!

~rubs more ointment on third eye~

• Hooterville, USA

I'm allergic to everything, but DL's water isn't on my list.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Yikes!!! Thats scary. I was with a group and we all got totally soaked on Splash and as far as I know nobody had a reaction. I'm gonna guess its the high concentration of chlorine they use. I dont think anything can live in that water bacteria-wise. Cant say anything about the stamps as I dont know what they make that ink out of. Do you have sensitive skin? Any harsh chemicals will irritate highly sensitive skin so maybe thats it????

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by viewaskewniverse
    Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude. Yer not supposed to let the water touch you!!!!
    All I can think of is the Simpson's episode at Duff Gardens where Lisa drinks the water.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Ohhh baboo :(

10 miles from the DLR. AP Holder for 9 years.

If anything, you're having an allergic reaction to the massive amounts of chlorine they put in the water. That's why it always smells funny too.

~wrinkles nose~

Ah, that would make sense

It doesn't help that I wear Tevas to the parks, but honestly, on rides like Spalsh, I think wearing shoes and socks would make it worse

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

Well, when your feet get wet on the water rides, that's due to the water that sits in the bottom of the boats for days...so I am not surprised. There are new pathogenic bacteria evolving in the Splash Mountain logs as we speak, I'm sure. Touch not the water! This is why I only go to Disneyland in ziploc bag...does anyone remember Bubble Nicholas, the guy who used to perform in France at Epcot? He had the right idea...
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by willowsmom7
    from the rides, not drinking water

I'm not a terribly allergic person (tho I don't do well with Tide detergent) and when I was at DL I noticed if my feet got wet on rides like Splash or GRR at DCA I would get this weird rash on my feet. Also had an allergic reaction on my hand from the ink used to stamp my hand when I left the park.

I've fixed the stamp issue because I've got a PAP now but I need to know if anyone's had any luck in combatting the funky DL water

I heard of others in your predicament. As for the reentry stamp, ask them if there's an alternative considering you are allergic to the ink. They should do something for you and if not, speak to a supervisor if it becomes a problem.

As for the water on the rides, I've seen it happen to a friend of mine. He loved Splash but was sensitive to high chemical levels in water. He had eczema and asthma which just made it worse. He used something to cover him and on the ride, he kept his feet up from the floor.

As for me, when we go to Sea World, I can't feed the seals or dolphins or even put my hand in the water. I'm allergic to the iodine in the fish that's left in the water. I unfortunately found out during one trip and had a severe allergic reaction, they sent me to the ER.

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl
    All I can think of is the Simpson's episode at Duff Gardens where Lisa drinks the water.
    Bart (to Lisa): Drink the water Lisa, I dare ya!
    Lisa (to Homer: Dad, Bart's trying to make me drink the water.
    Homer: Bart stopping making your sister do stuff, Lisa nobody likes a tattle tail, so be quiet and drink the water...

Lisa: I am the Lizard Queen

Yes the water at DL burned on my flesh everytime I see its Tough To Be a Bug and the acid shooting ant fires at me!

NO WAY -- This happened to me a few times earlier this year. At first I thought it was sun rash, so I wore a freakish amount of sunscreen, when that didn't work, I tried different sandals, but I would still get the rash where the shoes did not cover. I finally started wearing shoes that almost completely cover my feet, and it no longer happens. I though I was the only person who had experienced this, and everyone I know thought I was nuts for blaming it on the DLand water, but it only happened when I would get wet on Splash or GRR, including once where I just stood on the bridge at GRR and my feet got wet from the ride splashing onto the bridge(didn't even go on the ride!!). Also, this has never happened to any other part of my skin -- just on my feet, and only on the top of my feet - it doesn't spread??? Weird.

BMXmom...that's exactly it..just the feet, and just the tops of my feet.....very weird.

Since I have no desire to give up cool rides, I think I may try to do some pre-emptive work and cover my feet in Benadryl cream before I go near those two

• Minion

I when a Spring Break or so ago, and was riding GRR. I got water in my eye, my eyes got really red and splotchy. I was laying in bad and my boyfriend and looked at me and said there is stuff coming out of your eye! Not fun!

• For old time sake

Well, I turned to villains fan yesterday to say something to her on Splash (we were about to unload) and the bottom of the water (where they keep the oats at night) looked NASTY!!!!! So there could be somethign in the water. Likely it's the chlorine.
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Drunken Disneyland Master

I remember one time my wife got pink eye because the water splashed in her eye on PotC. Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast