View Poll Results: Want to be a JC Skip

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would love it.

30 60.00%
  • Not my cup of Jungle Juice.

15 30.00%
  • What's a JC Skip, and why do they have a special signature?

5 10.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Second Star to the right.

Second Star to the Right and Straight on Till Morning

After reading all the JC Skip posts...

How many of you would love to be / or would have loved to have been a JC Skip?
    Check out my flickr photos!

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Re: After reading all the JC Skip posts...

I would love to be a JC Skip. They are so witty!! They have the funniest jokes!!

It would definately be the best attractions job! Two heads for only one of yours!

Mmmm...Jungle juice.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I'd love it but I wouldn't last long. My humor is a bit too zesty. As is my body odor.

• =)

It wouldn't be my very favorite attraction to work, I don't think, but I voted that I'd love to be a skip, because that's closer to the truth than either of the two alternatives. And I have a lot of respect and love for every (good) skip.

• Second Star to the right.

Second Star to the Right and Straight on Till Morning

Night Cruise: First sign of DANGER. Point the lamp stage right and see who catches the mistake.
    Check out my flickr photos!

• Minion

It's pretty clear that the desperation for fresh humor wears down their threshold and leaves them in a state where just about anything is considered funny, so they sit around incessantly typing about the past and what will no longer be.

Sad to dry so young ...

• Closed Account

Heck, I think I would make a great JC skipper. I do acting in school, so I at least know how to deliver a script (and I think that is a significant part of it). Plus, witty one liners are my specialty, so I think I could make up some pretty funny jokes.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

I bet they only chose the most outgoing and funny peope to be JC skips. YOu never seen a person who is shy and quiet there.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    It's pretty clear that the desperation for fresh humor wears down their threshold and leaves them in a state where just about anything is considered funny, so they sit around incessantly typing about the past and what will no longer be.

Sad to dry so young ...
    Interesting take on it. Part of what prompted the "Antics" thread was the threads posted on here. People were constantly complaining about the current crew, and many felt that everything funny had been written in MouseTales. What they fail to realize is that the period covered by MouseTales is both selective and limited, and aside from one specific prank most of that stuff was a long time ago. We did the "Antics" thread for a couple reasons.

First to show that while it isn't covered (for good reasons including management) funny pranks still happen there. Hopefully some of the current Skippers, or those hoping to one day be Skippers, will take inspiration from those who went before them. Jungle lacks the senority to pass on such stories and provide these insights like it used to so we looked to alternative means. All of us have had current Skips contact us, specifically about their spiel, and possible ways to improve it. If our post in any way improves the Jungle, a Guest's understanding of the Jungle, or a Skipper's performance in the Jungle, then it has served it's purpose.

The Second reason is everyone needs a good laugh sometimes. I recently went through the thread to list what stories have been told, and more important which ones have not. I plan on posting more stories when the time permits. I realize there are a lot of lurkers on there and I encourage others to post as well. Recently some of those stories brought smiles to a CM's grieving family members... like I said everyone needs a good laugh sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    I bet they only chose the most outgoing and funny people to be JC skips. You never see a person who is shy and quiet there.
    As hard as we have pushed for it they do not have an audition process. Jungle falls under Attractions, not Entertainment, and only Entertainment does the auditions. We would try to recruit current CM's that either had an interest or seemed to "fit",in order to round out the crew and compliment the large influx of new CM's. Jungle Skips have a wide range of personalities. Some are loud and boisterous, others are very quiet and at times shy. People tend to either like, or hate, the Jungle.

If you go to http://www.maverickstandup.com you will see a beautiful redhead, she was as shy as a mouse when she came to the J.C. She has since done theater and standup at a variety of small locations around Southern CA. I myself have done Standup a few times, and use the tricks taught by Jungle at my current location. One of the most common fears is public speaking, overcome that and life opens a lot of doors. When you combine public speaking with the Guest Service of the Disney brand it becomes an impressive resume.

As for the signatures; I just wanted something simple so I designed it for myself, not realizing other Skips may wish to use it as well. SO if current or former Skips would like to identify themselves and use it, by all means, no strings attached. In keeping with fairness I did not vote. But if you would be nice enough to include an option of "I am a current or former Skipper" and make it public I would be interested to see who votes.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Skips? What do we need skips for? Heard all the jokes already, get rid of 'em. I say reinforce each boat with one continuous protective 'fender', and make the JC self-guided. I mean really: backward, forward, shoot gun...pretty simple. Plus, the skips seem unwilling to ram each others vessels, the yellow-bellied lubbers.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    Skips? What do we need skips for? Heard all the jokes already, get rid of 'em. I say reinforce each boat with one continuous protective 'fender', and make the JC self-guided. I mean really: backward, forward, shoot gun...pretty simple. Plus, the skips seem unwilling to ram each others vessels, the yellow-bellied lubbers.
    You should consider applying.

As long as you stay on your meds ...

• Once A Skip Always A Skip

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I'd love it but I wouldn't last long. My humor is a bit too zesty. As is my body odor.
    You'd fit in well with some of the people I used to work with.

Sad to dry so young ...
    JYD,
    Green with envy is a lovely color on you.

Guess not all of us can work at DCA.
    -"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."

• "I Break Things"

And to think I used to make fun of USC... glad to hear they can at least tell the joke even if they can't always read the script!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Once A Skip Always A Skip

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    And to think I used to make fun of USC... glad to hear they can at least tell the joke even if they can't always read the script!

oooooh
    burn...

-"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast