View Poll Results: Would you like to see my idea of D.A.R.T. get implemented into California Adventure?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes all the way!

14 38.89%
  • Nope, that's a no-go!

9 25.00%
  • Perhaps...I just don't know.

11 30.56%
  • I don't really care one way or the other.

0 0%
  • Other (Please explain below).

2 5.56%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Lightbulb C.A.R.T. - California Adventure Rapid Transit

With the renovation starting in California Adventure I started thinking about the lack of San Francisco inspired attractions and items found in the park. This then got me to thinking about what things found in the Bay Area could get implemented into California Adventure.

What I came up with is C.A.R.T., or otherwise known as California Adventure Rapid Transit. This would be Disney's version of B.A.R.T. (Bay Area Rapid Transit), a subway-like transportation system that takes riders to many cities found throughout the Bay Area.

Here is an image I found via Google.com of B.A.R.T. with San Francisco as the backdrop:

Now, what if Disney created something like this that could pick-up and drop passengers off in different lands of California Adventure, as well as have a station at the Grand Californian Hotel?

What does everybody think?

...Joe...

Edit: Name changed from D.A.R.T. to C.A.R.T. Reason why is located on page 2.
    Last edited by Quacky4Donald; 09-09-2007 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Adding picture.

• Eeyore smiling

Re: D.A.R.T. - Disney Area Rapid Transit

I am all for it. In fact they could connect via an underground tunnel to connect over to Disneyland (just like the real Bart goes under the Bay to connect San Francisco to Oakland)!

• Second Star to the right.

Second Star to the Right and Straight on Till Morning

I would much prefer the Starliner, which travels from SF to LA along the coast. It could also be themed like the original Viewliner.
    Check out my flickr photos!

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

In terms of an actual transport system. I'd rather see the monorail expanded to a resort-wide service. A scaled back version of WDW's with provision made to extend the line to the third gate, the off-site parking properties, Garden Walk and the convention center.

But I don't really follow what it is that you're proposing. More details please
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• AKA - DisneyChris

id rather see a more traditional San Francisco Trolly Car, transporting guests through an indoor Dark Ride celebrating the history of the city of SanFrancisco. I recall an attraction like this on Fisherman's Warf in San Francisco when i visited as a Child. I think it would be a great idea with the Disney treatment.

• Stop That!

Quote Originally Posted by monotonehell View Post
    It kind of sounds like a DCA version of the Disneyland Railroad, a grand circle tour type of thing...

It would also work with a 1920's-Style Transportation Hub Entrance Area™.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

They were thinking of putting something like that in Orange County and LA but turned it down because they didn't like the resulting acronym -- the Freeway Area Rapid Transit.

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    They were thinking of putting something like that in Orange County and LA but turned it down because they didn't like the resulting acronym -- the Freeway Area Rapid Transit.
    I've been calling the Metro Rail Green Line the Freeway Aligned Rapid Transit for ages cos it runs down the middle of the 105.
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• Frrrrrrunkis~!™

I think a monorail expansion is what the resort really needs, and I'm sure they're planning one.

It's the obvious choice.

I like the idea, and I love BART (it's one of the main reason having a car is unnecessary in the city) but I think BART is too bland and sterile looking for Disneyland. I think a monrail expansion, coupled with a San Francisco Trolley (complete with Market/Powell Turnaround) would be a great alternative.

Great idea though.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DCAFTW View Post
    I like the idea, and I love BART (it's one of the main reason having a car is unnecessary in the city) but I think BART is too bland and sterile looking for Disneyland. I think a monorail expansion, coupled with a San Francisco Trolley (complete with Market/Powell Turnaround) would be a great alternative.
    I agree with this. A trolley-car style system for DCA, and a monorail expansion for the entire resort area.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by monotonehell View Post
    Basically this would be a subway system that would connect different lands throughout California Adventure - perhaps even parts of Downtown Disney, and Disneyland. We already have the Monorail, yes, but this could be California Adventure's "monorail." This way both parks have a transportation system.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Emelius View Post
    id rather see a more traditional San Francisco Trolly Car, transporting guests through an indoor Dark Ride celebrating the history of the city of SanFrancisco. I recall an attraction like this on Fisherman's Warf in San Francisco when i visited as a Child. I think it would be a great idea with the Disney treatment.
    That could be a great dark ride, but the idea I was thinking is for an actual transportation system. Read above.

Quote Originally Posted by BoogaFrito View Post
    It kind of sounds like a DCA version of the Disneyland Railroad, a grand circle tour type of thing...

It would also work with a 1920's-Style Transportation Hub Entrance Area™.
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    LOL! I'm not gonna touch that one!

Quote Originally Posted by DCAFTW View Post
    I like the idea, and I love BART (it's one of the main reason having a car is unnecessary in the city) but I think BART is too bland and sterile looking for Disneyland. I think a monrail expansion, coupled with a San Francisco Trolley (complete with Market/Powell Turnaround) would be a great alternative.

Great idea though.
    BART is a bit "bland and sterile looking for Disneyland," but that doesn't meant that DART has to be an exact replica. Disney could, well, um, Disneyfy it! Give it a bit of color and add some Disney characteristics as well.

...Joe...

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
    With the renovation starting in California Adventure I started thinking about the lack of San Francisco inspired attractions and items found in the park. This then got me to thinking about what things found in the Bay Area could get implemented into California Adventure.

What I came up with is D.A.R.T., or otherwise known as Disney Area Rapid Transit. This would be Disney's version of B.A.R.T. (Bay Area Rapid Transit), a subway-like transportation system that takes riders to many cities found throughout the Bay Area.

Here is an image I found via Google.com of B.A.R.T. with San Francisco as the backdrop:

Now, what if Disney created something like this that could pick-up and drop passengers off in different lands of California Adventure, as well as have a station at the Grand Californian Hotel?

What does everybody think?

...Joe...
    I think the idea for DCA's construction is to remove the modern element, and BART is quite modern.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Any type of subterannean transportation would require digging tunnels. That is no easy task. A surface level mode of transportation would be far more enhancing to the environment and cost effective. Nobody actually sees a subway except at a station. San Fransisco Cable Cars and Los Angeles Red Cars would serve the park much better and monorail still holds the potential of cross park transportation.

• Missing DLR

There was recently a thread that metioned the monorail renaming. I think this is a great name for the current monorail and incorporate it into DCA, garden walk and the third gate. I think D.A.R.T. is a great name!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast