Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Re: DCA to open up at 2 AM on July 17th for folks to line up for DL

Quote Originally Posted by AStarOnMars
    is it just me but when we do enter DCA at 2am - 3am or whenever ... aren't people just going to line back up to leave DCA to be first over to dl?
    My thoughts exactly. I highly doubt that it'll just be a large mass of people lounging. Knowing the importance of the 17th, I don't think we'll have people randomly dispersed throughout California Adventure.

• Again! Again! Again!

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    I'm thinking roll-up blanket, I'm thinking inflatable pool mattress, I'm thinking good flashlight, and I'm thinking Harry Potter.
    You think the lockers are big enough to fit the mattresses? Deflated of course. Just a thought. Or buy a cheap pool raft at Target or something. Then you can just pop it and toss it. I'm still thinking of being there at 4-ish. But this could change once more details come out later in the week. It all depends what I'm told on Sat. I figured I should at least sleep some before my 20-ish hour day! Although a nap under a tree on TSI could be a possibility!

With all the issues of whether or not they are selling blackout tickets and who will be guaranteed in, I just don't want to have to pay for a ticket when I have a Premium pass!! In theory, I've already paid for that day!! My thoughts are that they will let everybody in until it hits capacity. When that happens, no more tickets and most likely, no re-entry. Just be sure to ask if you'll be able to re-enter. If not, find a cozy corner to nap!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Plazzy
    My thoughts exactly. I highly doubt that it'll just be a large mass of people lounging. Knowing the importance of the 17th, I don't think we'll have people randomly dispersed throughout California Adventure.
    I predict a queue will be formed. TDA should realize just what kind of (and how many) fans/guests will be doing this.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Again! Again! Again!

Hey, at least we'll be allowed entrance to DCA!!
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    I predict a queue will be formed. TDA should realize just what kind of (and how many) fans/guests will be doing this.
    Why would TDA care? Once they have you in DCA they have you in DL, after that it's just one giant rope drop, only the rope is in DCA instead of at the end of Main street. They don't deal with people lining up for the rope drop, so I doubt they'll deal with people lining up in DCA. It will all be done by the guests and whatever happens happens.

• insufferable know-it-all

grumpy: that's what I meant when I said poot mattress, sorry, was trying to differentiate it from, say, a campout mattress. But yeah, I'm thinking $3 inflatable, just enough so I don't hurt all day, and will fold up totally small. The blanket will be a bigger pain, and the extra change of clothes the biggest.

I've adjusted my wardrobe accordingly. Instead of the blue dress, which didn't end up being all that flattering on my figure, I'm going to wear a pink top and a late 50's/early 60's-ish skirt (not a circle skirt, an A-line), and I'm going to bring pink capris to change into because I can't go through a hot summer day in a skirt. so all I really have to pack is the skirt and a sweatshirt, a small blanket, a pool raft, my Harry Potter book, a flashlight, some nibblies, sunblock, and the (miniscule) contents of my bank account. Oh, and my camcorder and digital camera. And some money for a locker

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man
    My personal opinion: overkill. How many will really be at DCA at 1:30/3am. I know the hell I wont. I'll arrive at about 7:00, and if I can't buy a pass and then get in, then BFD, and I go somewhere else for the day. The 50th is a big deal to me, but not that big of a deal.

FYI: Anyone know if they will be selling SoCal passes that day?
    For May 5th there were already 300 people lined up at 3 in the morning. I am sure that number will be doubled for July 17th.

• insufferable know-it-all

Okay, I think I'm caving, line party it is!

Anyone want to join a 2am Harry Potter reading (BYOB - book, that is)?

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

grumpy: that's what I meant when I said poot mattress.....
    <----- picturing Morrigoon resting on a giant whoopie cushion, eating a chili dog from Award Wieners

Quote Originally Posted by JasonMa
    Once they have you in DCA they have you in DL, after that it's just one giant rope drop, only the rope is in DCA instead of at the end of Main street. They don't deal with people lining up for the rope drop, so I doubt they'll deal with people lining up in DCA. It will all be done by the guests and whatever happens happens.
    I think that's what Sediment meant. Just because you have automatic in into Disneyland doesn't mean a line won't form. Many people will want to scout out that perfect spot for the ceremony, get to the rides first and a bunch of other reasons. This is about more than just entrance into the park.

• Again! Again! Again!

grumpy: that's what I meant when I said poot mattress, sorry, was trying to differentiate it from, say, a campout mattress. But yeah, I'm thinking $3 inflatable, just enough so I don't hurt all day, and will fold up totally small. The blanket will be a bigger pain, and the extra change of clothes the biggest.
    Ahhh, I see. I was thinking chairs, but I don't think we'll be able to put them anywhere if we can't get out of line. One of us was going to take them back to the hotel, but if we're in DCA, we're in. Oh well. Rafts and blankets it is.

As for clothes wise, it's all about convertible pants!! I think I'm sticking with shorts and sweatshirt for line-up. I'll have blankets. I'm not packing too heavy. Maybe an extra shirt in case of sloppiness or bird poopiness! As for extras, side bag for goodies, camera and other necessities-for the day. Backpack to carry the overnight stuff and then put it in a locker.
    I bring the magic!!!

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

Oh, and for the wristband thing, if you read the first paragraph, it's referring to losing the wristband should you leave DCA, in which you will have to go to the back of the line upon re-entry.

The wristbands are clearly for the line-up.

• Again! Again! Again!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile
    <----- picturing Morrigoon resting on a giant whoopie cushion, eating a chili dog from Award Wieners

You said whoopee and weiners in the same sentence.
    I bring the magic!!!

• Minion

If DL closes at midnight, then it is theoretically possible to arrive and park in M&F a little ahead of the curve. That sounds mighty early, but it'll seriously depend on how I feel that day, you know?
    So it's ok to park in the structure the night of the 16th, hang out at Disneyland till closing and then DTD until the time they start letting people into DCA? What I mean is, it's ok to park overnight?
    My finger points.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JasonMa
    Why would TDA care? Once they have you in DCA they have you in DL, after that it's just one giant rope drop, only the rope is in DCA instead of at the end of Main street.
    Safety reasons, mostly. It helps to think like someone who might get sued. The concern I have is with the unactivated DL turnstiles.
    So, people enter DCA with their valid admission, and wait until 6AM to get into DL. Biggest problem I see is that without a queue, the first 1000 or so guests will mill around inside DCA near the exit. That will make it more difficult for the next 19,000 or so guests to get into DCA. Herding guests into a queue around DCA seems logistically safer than the milling option. A queue five or ten people wide should be able to circle DCA, maybe twice. Have a rope drop near Soarin', for example. Half the walkway for the queue, and half the walkway for people to get to the end of the queue. Then, when the queue is filled, the queue is then expanded to fill all but a single file walkway, for dining and restroom breaks.
    That's what I'd do, were I in charge. TDA folks, please use my idea free of charge. I do not own this idea, nor does anyone. It is a free idea.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast