Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Resident Ghost

So, I want to work at Disneyland...

What do I need to know? Right now, I'm a senior up in Northern California, but after High School ends, I want to go to college down south...

I really am obsessed with Disneyland in terms of history, etc. and I'd love to work there, but I want to know what I need!

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Re: So, I want to work at Disneyland...

I think they hold regular job fairs, or is it TDA you are interested in?

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Resident Ghost

I want to be a CM...

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Then yeah they hold regular job fairs. You don't necessarily have to know anything; they teach you during job training.

Remember that the CM's are usually high school seniors during their summer break, and most of them are only hoping to earn a little money. They don't know anything, and Disney hires them anyway. I wouldn't worry if I were you.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Resident Ghost

Yea, I'd really like to work at Disneyland, and hopefully work my way up the chain somehow...

• Banned User

Money. You need lots and lots of money for rent, utilities, transportation, food, etc. Don't expect a Disneyland job to pay for all that, because it won't.

Quote Originally Posted by The Disneylander View Post
    Remember that the CM's are usually high school seniors during their summer break, and most of them are only hoping to earn a little money. They don't know anything, and Disney hires them anyway. I wouldn't worry if I were you.
    I really hope your being sarcastic becuase you have no clue what the demographic is. It is mostly college student and retired people with all ages in the middle. we know alot thank you, and if you know more than us by all means become a CM. That was a flame not needed. and to the orginal poster. Disneyland is an awesome job for college they work with your schedule, have flexible hrs and youll meet alot of friends! And if you like history u can learn tons there!

• Resident Ghost

Haha, I know, I don't expect it to, unfortunately. It's more of a summer thing...

EDIT: Good info, DLcastmbr! Thanks
    Last edited by Walt's Ghost; 09-09-2007 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Respond To Someone

• The Magics in the details

Wink Re: So, I want to work at Disneyland...

There is a job hotline... don't recall what it is anymore, but should be in any phonebook or online listing... 1-888 number (toll-free).

They have regular job fairs at TDA, and there is a college program for if/when you get into undergrad or jr. college. Start at www.disney.com/careers.

Best of luck!
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!
    Disneyland is Your Land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth can saver the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy an inspiration to all the world.
    "
    -- Walter Elias Disney, July 17, 1955 approx 4:35PM

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by DLcastmbr View Post
    I really hope your being sarcastic becuase you have no clue what the demographic is. It is mostly college student and retired people with all ages in the middle. we know alot thank you, and if you know more than us by all means become a CM. That was a flame not needed. and to the orginal poster. Disneyland is an awesome job for college they work with your schedule, have flexible hrs and youll meet alot of friends! And if you like history u can learn tons there!
    Ditto.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TiaDalmaFan View Post
    Money. You need lots and lots of money for rent, utilities, transportation, food, etc. Don't expect a Disneyland job to pay for all that, because it won't.
    True, you can't live off of Disney money. You either have to get a second job or get a even better paying job. Working at Disney is for fun, for retirees.

its maybe not possible to live alone if you work for disney but if your in college ud prob be in a dorm or an apartment with roomates if thats the case then it can work

• PrinceBlue

www.disneyland.jobs for more info

hey MRBboy2005 go for it! I so wanted to work at disneyland myself, but I have finances myself that I have to take care of first. However once I find that I no longer need to worry about that I will gladly take a job at Disneyland since I know I can really enjoy working there.

• ...lurks...

Well, be dedicated in your endeavor - I both know present and past cast members, and the place is not exactly an easy place to work for. For all our sakes, love what you do and do what you love.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast