Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Indiana Jones and....

Quote Originally Posted by BoogaFrito View Post
    One thing that didn't impress me with Tokyo's version was the Crystal Skull itself. It was just so...small. Mara is much more intimidating in that first scene.
    I disagree. The effect is much more dramatic there with the blue lasers suddenly shooting out of the Crystal Skull versus the boring sequence with Mara's blinking eyes. Frankly, I didn't think it was that small. It's not as big as the head of Mara, but it was definitely larger than I expected. I think the Crystal Skull is very intimidating sitting there on the pedestal, suddenly changing colors from gold to reddish-blue as you approach it.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• is too darn hot.

IJA has worked for years without being specifically based on any Indiana Jones movie.

I will beat WDI about the head and neck if they change the ride to the Crystal Skull. Stupid title anyway. I bet that's Lucas's fault.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    IJA has worked for years without being specifically based on any Indiana Jones movie.

I will beat WDI about the head and neck if they change the ride to the Crystal Skull. Stupid title anyway. I bet that's Lucas's fault.
    There are references to the movies themselvels on the ride you know. And don't blame Lucas.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Minion

I don't have any problems with the title. I just don't like that it's so similar to the name for the attraction. I would have the same problems if they used "Forbidden Eye" in the title.

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterChief117 View Post
    There are references to the movies themselvels on the ride you know. And don't blame Lucas.
    Yes there are, but they aren't the basis for the ride. They're not the focus.

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    I don't have any problems with the title. I just don't like that it's so similar to the name for the attraction. I would have the same problems if they used "Forbidden Eye" in the title.
    Agreed. My problem with the title is that it's cumbersome. I liked "...and the City of the Gods" better.

• =)

I would have loved a "Temple of the Forbidden Eye" movie.

I hope Tokyo's IJA gets a nice overhaul that doesn't ruin the ride but revamps it to gel even better with an upcoming film...but for Sallah's sakes, PLEASE don't try to fudge with the original Anaheim version! Keep it a discrete adventure and refurb it to maintain the quality, but don't redo it to make it a direct movie tie-in.

I'll laugh so hard if Shia's "announcement" turns out to be a carefully-planned publicity to stunt to confuse people, and the actual name is something cool.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post

I hope Tokyo's IJA gets a nice overhaul that doesn't ruin the ride but revamps it to gel even better with an upcoming film...but for Sallah's sakes, PLEASE don't try to fudge with the original Anaheim version! Keep it a discrete adventure and refurb it to maintain the quality, but don't redo it to make it a direct movie tie-in.

I'll laugh so hard if Shia's "announcement" turns out to be a carefully-planned publicity to stunt to confuse people, and the actual name is something cool.
    There has yet to be any proof that the movie will have any connections to the attraction besides the title. Just because the attraction in Tokyo shares the "Crystal Skull" title doesn't mean that it should get changes to reflect the movie. I, for one, would not want the movie to be based on the attraction; the storyline is strong enough without the movie.

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post

Nope. indianajones.com says "Crystal Skull"

• Sock Puppet

I would like to see a unique show element installed into that dark stretch of track where the rat drop "effect" is now. I would also like to see something instead of painted walls in the dart room. The statues in TDS' version are fantastic.

Other than that Indiana Jones is pretty much otherwise perfect. I think the resources should be put into something else, like Tomorrowland.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I doubt the Indiana Jones Adventure at Disneyland would be rethemed to reflect the film or the Japanese version.

The Japanese and American temples look very different, and the showscenes themselves featuring Mara or the Crystal Skull are different. Evicting Mara from the Temple would be a big undertaking that just isn't worth the hassle.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    I doubt the Indiana Jones Adventure at Disneyland would be rethemed to reflect the film or the Japanese version.

The Japanese and American temples look very different, and the showscenes themselves featuring Mara or the Crystal Skull are different. Evicting Mara from the Temple would be a big undertaking that just isn't worth the hassle.
    And I believe that the Oriental Land Company has a contract that prevents Imagineers from recreating the "Crystal Skull" theme again at another Disney park.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

And I believe that the Oriental Land Company has a contract that prevents Imagineers from recreating the "Crystal Skull" theme again at another Disney park.
    And with Disney's track record of cloning attractions, the Oriental Land Company would be wise to have such a contract.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• is too darn hot.

Ironic, considering Crystal Skull is a clone.

• Minion

Ironic, considering Crystal Skull is a clone.
    Well, it's not a direct clone. They are simply protecting the theme, not the technology (unless it was developed for them first). Imagineers are free to create another Indiana Jones Adventure, but not one with the Crystal Skull storyline.

Same with their version of Tower of Terror, which is also protected by the contract. Other Tower of Terrors can be built, but not one with the Hightower theme.

• Sock Puppet

Same with their version of Tower of Terror, which is also protected by the contract. Other Tower of Terrors can be built, but not one with the Hightower theme.
    Which is what Disney should be doing anyway. I like that there are three types of Space Mountains. Unfortunately 3 of them are almost exactly the same. Cloning takes the incentive out of travelling to the different parks around the world.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast