Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Indiana Jones and....

The Temple of the Forbidden Eye, so that is what it's called now, but with INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL coming out next, I heard from a CM tonight that it will slowly be changed over to include show effects of TEMPLE OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL from Tokyo DisneySea...is this going to be better that we might get a refurb to make it more like a clone?

I've seen the effects from TDS's version, and the tornado effect is pretty cool, but I don't know how they could make the queue and show building look as wonderful as that from TDA.

Has anyone else heard this rumor in the parks?

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Re: Indiana Jones and....

hmm... sounds interesting.... something tells me however that Disney will not go through with it, but you never know.

• Banned User

I HOPE not. Seriously. But with earlier rumors that Indy might be getting "plussed" with the release of the 4th movie, this has me very worried.

• PrinceBlue

I heard that title on the MTV Awards by Shia LaBeouf lol.

Oh you are talking about the park.... We'll see

• Minion

I would not want them to clone effects from Tokyo DisneySea's version. What's the point of going to ride both if they are identical?
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Problem Child/Rocker

NOOO!!!!!! leave the damn ride but refurbish it! maybe throw in a new effect but lets keep it original, shall we?
    We want to appeal to everyone and get rich quick. We want to be millionaires. I've got this plan to buy Tasmania you see...-Angus Young

• =)

I'm hoping that Temple of the Forbidden Eye will maintain its current identity, perhaps with some higher-quality effects--e.g. more pyrotechnics and lavalike effects in the big room, three-dimensional dart room statues, more impressive effects around Mara's eyes, a truly fearsome animatronic snake that seems genuinely dangerous, improved bug room projection effects and practical effects, getting Harrison Ford's real voice for the Indy AAs, etc. Anything more than improvements like these would be unnecessary.

Indiana Jones is an incredible ride. A lot of us forget that and start complaining about the occasional mural or malfunctioning effect a little too much. It really is an amazing experience overall, in terms of immersiveness and adrenaline and originality and so forth. There are other rides that deliver more thrills or even deeper theming, but I don't believe there is any other ride that rivals Indy in terms of combining the two.

I would not want them to clone effects from Tokyo DisneySea's version. What's the point of going to ride both if they are identical?
    Exactly. WDI, please do not compromise the two Indy rides' individual identities. From a financial perspective, it's smarter to keep them thematically separate, thereby giving guests incentive to travel to both parks rather than just one. Moreover, the current theme really works. Just improve upon it a little, perhaps including small nods to the upcoming film.

• Stop That!

Hmm, I wouldn't complain about a few improvements. Anything painted-on and black-lit should be replaced by something three-dimensional. I hate those cheesy skeletons at the end with the dart guns.

But boy is that a terrible title. It's clumsy and a mouthful. Plus it just seems odd that Spielberg et al. would want to make a movie based around Tokyo's version of a Disneyland theme park ride.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I thought the title was different...

If you are referring to the upcomming film, that's entitled "The City of Gods." And I doubt that Disney will pay the money to change signage, effects, and general set dressings. It is much more likely that they will improve the effects already in place or replace minor things.

• Minion

I guess we can expect Tokyo DisneySea to get some new effects relating to the movie then.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

Thats wierd that the new movie is based on the Tokyo version of the ride rather than the American version.

• Problem Child/Rocker

i think its kinda cool that theyre doing the movie after the ride but i dont wanna see DLRs change because of it. or at least i wouldnt mind a tiny movie tie in, but not a tokyo clone...
    We want to appeal to everyone and get rich quick. We want to be millionaires. I've got this plan to buy Tasmania you see...-Angus Young

• Stop That!

One thing that didn't impress me with Tokyo's version was the Crystal Skull itself. It was just so...small. Mara is much more intimidating in that first scene.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast