• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started

Party at DCA on the May 4th?????

So I heard a bit of a tail of a party going on at DCA the night of May 4th. From what I heard it will be a private event (i.e. own ticket) but no other details anyone heard anything more???????

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

• Maximus

I can't imagine there being a PRIVATE event going on the night of May 4th. They're already shutting people out from Disneyland -- to put another event over in DCA (the only place left for regular guests to go) would be a HUGE mistake. I hope they're NOT planning a PRIVATE event... but a PUBLIC sort of party to appease all the guests that will inevitably be angered that Disneyland is closed for the day.

yeah I doubt they'd do any private events

maybe keep DCA open later that night depending on how the guests go

• I like Cheese...

Bad idea in my opinion. Pressler might have been ignorant/greedy enough to try such a stunt, but I can't believe CM Matt would, I mean, what would be the point? A special event at DCA of all places to celebrate the start of DLs 50th the next day?

Only thing I can imagine is a corporate event of some sort that is coincidently on that day. Ususally they just close down Hollywood for that, and usually not until late afternoon...

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    For some reason, they haven't posted the hours for DCA that day, but they have released the entertainment schedule....

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...&date=20050504

They have schedule a full weekend set of Aladdin Shows that day (normallly dark on Tuesdays and Wednesdays), and the last showing is at 6:05 PM, so that more than likely means an 8 PM closing (of course, everything at Disney is subject to change).

The Block Party Bash is not scheduled until May 5th, and will be offered once daily at around 5 PM, seven days a week.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Minion

disneyland is actually closed that whole day on may 4th. we are actually having some private event going on. i think its mostly for media and other things like that. so most likely they will keep dca open til 8pm so that the guests have somewhere to go.
    "Something Wicked This Way Comes....."

"You know what you got to do when life brings you down, you swim. Just keep swimming, swimming swimming......" ---Dory

"A Princess in search of her Prince Charming.....or close to it....If you think you are him or know him please send a message or resume......"

Wow post something and everyone thinks they are shuting down the park.

I said I didn't have any details about what or where. I have come across some more details. It wont be a "park" event and wont do anything to the normal public that day, it will be a private fun event put on by a large club (not giving to much away I hope). But it will be something fun to help kick off the 50th the night before. As soon as I hear anything more...or tomorrow (which ever may come first) I will let you all know.

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

• Maximus

Disneyland is closing on May 4th to "put on those finishing touches" for the 50th... but more important for a Press Event for the premieres of Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters and Parade of Dreams. We're scheduled to perform that day.

• With my wife....

Maybe it's a party for Jedi?

"May the '4th' be with you!"
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

• /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by E-ticket

LOL...man, that was almost as bad as one of my jokes!!! Too funny!
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by E-ticket

LMAO that was a coffee spitter!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Ok sorry this took so long but here is the info from www.nffc.org it sounds like fun. The folks at NFFC have never let us down yet.

J

Happiest Fans on Earth Party
    May 4, 2005
    Ariel's Grotto; Disney's California Adventure

Come and enjoy the party as the Happiest Fans on Earth gather together to celebrate the Happiest Place on Earth.

On 5-5-05, the Disney Company will begin its global celebration of Disneyland’s 50th birthday with an exciting day of events and special guests. On the evening of May 4th 2005, you are invited to enjoy an evening of food, fun and friends hosted by the NFFC at Disney’s California Adventure. Enjoy a four course meal at Ariel’s Grotto with fellow NFFC members and some of your favorite Disney characters as we start the party off right with games, giveaways and very special guests. The cost is $35.00 and does not include admission to any theme park. Admission is required. Please contact [email protected] with any questions. Seating is limited.

We look forward to seeing you at the beginning of this special celebration of our beloved theme park, the one that started it all, Disneyland.

Please send checks payable to:
    NFFC
    Post Office Box 19212
    Irvine, CA 92623-9212

Please include email address and/or phone number so that we may send you confirmation information.
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*