Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

Return of Abraham Lincoln on Sept 29? (merged threads)

Hi I see by the Official Disneyland Calendar that the Disneyland 50 Years Film is shutting down on Sept 17th and then is removed from the list of shut down attractions on the 29th.

I have also heard from CM's at the park that Lincoln is to return around this time.

So does anyone out there preferably a CM that actually knows if this is so and if it is on the 29th?

Also if they have made changes (hopefully) to the attraction if it does return.

I understand that Lincoln never left the theater (no pun intended) and is just sitting behind the screen and all they need to do is remove the screen, change the lobby and sign out front and hes back in business?

However I hope that they have been working on the show because as much as I love the Lincoln show and I feel it is an integral part of Main St. I really like alot of other people disliked the headphone donning and the fly infested barbershop extravadungzo that has nothing whatsoever to do with Lincoln! Also I hope the hokey civil war song and slideshow are toast as well! Lets just have lincoln as he was with a longer speech and with the capital rotunda model behind him again Paleeeeezzzz!

Re: Return of Abraham Lincoln on Sept 29?

No such luck. The Opera House is closing for 10 days to replace the carpeting in the lobby and theater, and do some basic refurbishment throughout.

The 50th show with Steve Martin will return on September 29th and play indefinitely at this point. But with new carpet.

• Me and Tommy Kirk

I learned from a higher up a couple of months ago that Lincoln will be "back" in October.

• Just splashing around...

Am I the only one who actually likes the 50th show? It has become a regular stop on my visits. I really love all the old footage. I hope it stays.

• Fighter Pilot

I like the 50th, I could care less about Abe. I like seen the 50th more times then Abe and in the future I can see that stat not changing

• Minion

Love the Lincoln show, and although I enjoyed the 50th movie, I missed Lincoln.

• Hooterville, USA

Don't know why they can't show both. Put the 50th out in the lobby.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Minion

ORWEN: Or--better yet--put Mr. Lincoln out in the lobby. He'd be seen by a LOT more guests that way.

• Wonderful World

I enjoy Lincoln very much and I don't think its such a bad idea to show the 50 th movie in the lobby. Maybe cut it down to 5 or 10 minutes though. I'm pretty sick of the 50th though, I want Lincoln back!
    I'm back MiceChat

• Animatronic

I agree, the content of the 50th movie should be in the pre-show area along with the return of Walt's offices. The hat shop should be shrunk back down to it's original size and the exit should be used for Lincoln documents and museum pieces again. The Lincoln show itself could be reworked again, as the fly infested version never worked for me. Perhaps something with rising elements from the stage combined with a filmed background like American Adventure over in EPCOT?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    I agree, the content of the 50th movie should be in the pre-show area along with the return of Walt's offices. The hat shop should be shrunk back down to it's original size and the exit should be used for Lincoln documents and museum pieces again. The Lincoln show itself could be reworked again, as the fly infested version never worked for me. Perhaps something with rising elements from the stage combined with a filmed background like American Adventure over in EPCOT?
    What he said. and

I would love to see the 50th movie placed on a dvd.

I think it would be great to put in an Abe Lincoln Press conference. The curtain opens, and Abe delivers a brief message. Meanwhile, guests in the seats choose from a list of 100 different questions that have pre-programmed responses in the Abe Animatronic. Mr. Lincoln concludes his address, and opens it up to the audience. A spot light goes up on one of the seats where a question was chosen, and a voiceover asks the question posed. Lincoln then goes into the answer. They do this twice more, with different questions, and then Lincoln offers some closing remarks. Lights up, Glory Hallelujah, etc.

That way, every time you go see the show, it is different, and it's fun to see if you are the question chosen.

Ah well. too much work, I guess. Now that I posted it here, for sure they will never do it!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORWEN: Or--better yet--put Mr. Lincoln out in the lobby. He'd be seen by a LOT more guests that way.
    Suits, are you listening? Then you can cut down the overhead by getting rid of the CM's there and having the Lincoln AA do all the preshow stuff they normally did!

• Just splashing around...

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post

I would love to see the 50th movie placed on a dvd.
    Yes.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    Now this just cracks me up. Abe Lincoln warming up the audience.

"Anyone here from out of town? How many congressmen does it take to split a rail?
    No, I don't drive a Ford, but they have a great chain of theaters....."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast