Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Disney for life!~

Re: Missing ariel and Jack Sparrow costumes

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwing Chuck View Post
    Are you serious? Disney owns the theater and any character meets are going to take place INSIDE the theater. Not to mention the fact that Ariel, Jack Sparrow and a store-bought Snow White have absolutely nothing to do with "Ratatouille". The El Capitan will always have the character(s) from whatever movie they're showing, not a random mish-mash hanging out across the street.
    OOOOh Snap!

I <3 SPACEMOUNTAIN!!!!!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/CayaHutch

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Ok...so here's the progression of this thread.

The TS makes a statement that he heard some Disney owned costumes were missing (AKA stolen), and he thought he knew where these expensive, high quality costumes must be because he says he say them on Hollywood Blvd. in front of the El Capitan theatre.

He then produces a picture of misc. characters across the street from the threatre, and oh look Ariel is in some cheap wheelchair like thing. These costumes are obviously not Disney quality, so they must just be some random people, digging out their Halloween costumes and standing across the street from the theatre.

So... what is your point? Either the people across the street have stolen Ariel and Jack costumes from Disneyland and are parading them by the theatre for whatever reason, or they are just cos-players showing off in which case.... who cares and what does it matter? I'm confused, and I'm done here.
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 09-11-2007 at 05:23 AM.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Ok...so here's the progression of this thread.

The TS makes a statement that he heard some Disney owned costumes were missing (AKA stolen), and he thought he knew where these expensive, high quality costumes must be because he says he say them on Hollywood Blvd. in front of the El Capitan theatre.

He then produces a picture of misc. characters across the street from the threatre, and oh look Ariel is in some cheap wheelchair like thing. These costumes are obviously not Disney quality, so they must just be some random people, digging out their Halloween costumes and standing across the street from the theatre.

So... what is your point? Either the people across the street have stolen Ariel and Jack costumes from Disneyland and are parading them by the theatre for whatever reason, or they are just co-players showing off in which case.... who cares and what does it matter? I'm confused, and I'm done here.
    Cosplayers, penguin, cosplayers.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

oops... thanks for the catch Wren... my Pepsi hasen't kicked in yet.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Just keeping you on your toes ^.~

Quote Originally Posted by Groomer View Post
    The guy wearing the Jack sparrow outfit can made a mint just at my house!!!!

(unless of course he is fugly!)
    When your done with him send him to my house.....
    " You know these clothes do not flatter you, it should be a dress or nothing"."I happen to have no dress in my cabin"
    Captain Jack Sparrow ~ Pirate.

• Princess Aurora Fan

Well I recently saw pictures of Ariel at the Princess Fantasy Faire in her ball gown maybe that has something to do with this.
    ~Princess Aurora at Heart~

• Miss Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by serviceelevator View Post
    no this is the real deal
    And herein lies the problem with calling wolf.

And who took that picture? If you look in the background, you will see the El Capitan Theatre, which is an exclusive first run theatre for Disney pictures.

What you see here ladies and gentlemen, is nothing more than a Disney sanctioned photo op, during the premier of Ratatouille.... hence, several Disney characters out of Disneyland.

Remember.... you have to get up pretty early in the morning, to get up pretty early in the morning...
    I disagree. As others have already stated, and maybe you actually haven't been to El Capitan, Graumann's is across the street. This is prime hunting ground for anyone in a costume that wants to make a few bucks. If Disney was having their characters pose, it would be INSIDE the theatre for PAYING customers. If not, they would be in front of El Capitan, NOT GRAUMANN'S, so as not to confuse the "real" Ariel and Snow White for fake ones.

Again... the El Capitan is where Disney premiers MANY of their movies. I think Disney is a partial owner or invester in the theatre, and they probably have characters there often for various things.
    Not in my knowledge. They do shows before hand, but I haven't heard of photo ops unless you book a character meal in the soda fountain shop next door.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessAurora18 View Post
    Well I recently saw pictures of Ariel at the Princess Fantasy Faire in her ball gown maybe that has something to do with this.
    Or, they need all the Princesses to be mobile for the Faire.
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
    "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

• Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnn in Wndrlnd View Post

I disagree. As others have already stated, and maybe you actually haven't been to El Capitan, Graumann's is across the street. This is prime hunting ground for anyone in a costume that wants to make a few bucks. If Disney was having their characters pose, it would be INSIDE the theatre for PAYING customers. If not, they would be in front of El Capitan, NOT GRAUMANN'S, so as not to confuse the "real" Ariel and Snow White for fake ones.
    In agreement here with MaryAnn. I personally have seen hanging out across the street from the El Capitan (on different occasions): Darth Vader, Batman, PinHead, Xena, a Stormtrooper, Raggedy Ann & Andy, Chewbacca and Spiderman. They were taking photos with the tourists (and undoubtedly engaging in a little obligatory self-promotion). It would be a shame to inappropriately imply thievery here just because there were some authentic looking Disney costumes here at the same location.

• :)

Disney is partial owner of the El Capitan

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

I still don't believe they're Disney. I have seen many a talented cosplayer and seamstress make exact replica costumes, down to the last bead and styled wig.

• Minion

I'm with the folks that called Shenanigans... Just some costumed folks that try to get tourists to fork out a few bucks for photo ops... Swab is right, you can see all sorts of interesting characters, super heroes, etc out in front of Grauman's.

• Follow me on Twitter!!!

you may be right but when i saw ariel across from the el capitan she looked EXACTLY like she would in the park. it was really weird. i mean even her wig had the same star fish on it. the tail and bra looked identical right down to the sequens. i guess we'll never know!
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

I just found a picture of Ariel in the parks and the costumes are different:

Ariel in-park photo

The Snow White next to her is an Deluxe Adult size Halloween costume.

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

I will definitely agree that that Ariel looks very very very similar to the D-land one!
    (and thank you for providing a pic)

Also I was going to point out that the El Cap only has characters inside... but people beat me too it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast