• Follow me on Twitter!!!

Question I know it has been discussed, but...

...what EXACTLY are the details regarding the possible addition of Tia Dalma to the Blue Bayou???

Tia Dalma is one of my very favorite characters in the Pirate's trilogy and I would be happy to see her on the ride, however I would be deeply heartbroken and devastated to see the old man go. That single character epitomizes small town life and really puts you in the mood. Also, the banjo heard from his cabin really makes you feel like your in a bayou. It's amazing how much it affects you. So my question is, where would they put her???

I think that it would be appropriate to put her in the dark sort of transition room between the bayou and the talking skull. It sort of looks like a dark little New Orleans town. Like little shops. All they have to do is change it to look like a creepy little shack and have her sitting there.

Also I think that she would be a big distraction for the restaurant if she were out in plain view. I think she should not be seen from the people at the restaurant.

Anyways, those are my thoughts...

What are the details with that???
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

• white and nerdy

Re: I know it has been discussed, but...

She will be in on October 25th of this year just in time for Thanksgiving. She will be sitting on the lap of the old man, whispering incantations in his ear.

for some reason they decided to maker her green with big frog-eyes and a little pointy neck thing. She also will speak with a man's voice. She won't be a traditional AA. She will be manipulated a lot like a puppet.
    Oh, and they changed her name to "Kermit"

That's all I know
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Can Only Wish For More!

That little dark corner before the skull would be a great place to put Tia Dalma. I always find that little corner a bit TOO dark!

:0)
    Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
    - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
    - me too!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by WannaCub View Post
    That little dark corner before the skull would be a great place to put Tia Dalma. I always find that little corner a bit TOO dark!

:0)
    Great idea! Keeps the old man in tact. As long as you can still hear the Jolly Roger before you go down the hill, I'm fine with it. Maybe her not talking would be the best answer.

Chad

• Rock Star Minion

I believe she will be a hostess for about four months, then she'll go into waiting tables.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Awaken the spirits

As much I HATE saying this, I would rather see her as a live-character in the restaurant than as an AA in the ride. Seriously, I'm tired of them changing that ride to fit a movie BASED ON THE RIDE. Does anyone else see how ridiculous that concept is? It kind of makes me glad the Haunted Mansion movie sucked, so we won't have Eddie Murphy in the ride.

Is it confirmed that Tia Dalma will be added to the ride? Also, are there plans to add Will or Elizabeth?

• Dapper Dan-nabe

As I recall, there were plans to add Will and Elizabeth for the third movie, but they got scrapped, thankfully (though I always thought adding a dueling Will like the duelist in Paris would be cool, maybe in place of the projections at the fort). Also, my Dad, who was in from out of town this weekend, commented on how dark that corner before the skull was, and Tia popped into my head for the location, if she has to be anywhere.
    -SilentDante
    eliselzer.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee View Post
    She will be in on October 25th of this year just in time for Thanksgiving. She will be sitting on the lap of the old man, whispering incantations in his ear.
    I know the rest of your post was sarcasm was this also? Because if this is what is really happening it will look terrible unless they replace the old man too. He will look so outdated compared to a new AA.

Is that the official date?

I'm pretty sure he was serious.
    Siggy siggy sig sig.

• Minion

is keira not on a contract or something, i didnt see her on any school supplies only jack and will.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee View Post

for some reason they decided to maker her green with big frog-eyes and a little pointy neck thing. She also will speak with a man's voice. She won't be a traditional AA. She will be manipulated a lot like a puppet.
    Oh, and they changed her name to "Kermit"

That's all I know
    I can just see Kermit playing his Banjo.

If Tia Dalma is replacing the old man that is sad. This is one change that really is too far. If true.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.