• FastPass n00b

1999 B*Witched/Five concert at Disneyland

In the Spring of 1999, the Disney Channel was still trying to find its new niche and evolving into the pre-teen basic cable channel it is today. So with that transition, there were all kinds of interesting now-defunct additions such as "Zoog Disney" and "Vault Disney". Anyway, there were a lot of concerts going on at Walt Disney World and all of the sudden Disneyland actually got a concert. It took place right outside Tomorrowland and amazingly the Astro Orbitor and Rocket Rods moving in the background went along with the music perfectly. I guess in the absence of any actual ride content, they sure did make great stage props!

The bands playing that night were from Ireland and the U.K. Their names were B*Witched and Five. I had heard of Five, but I was caught completely off-guard by B*Witched. They were a huge hit in the U.K. and Australia, but unfortunately they never did make it in the U.S. Their music was so incredible, and I must admit I don't know if it was the combination of Tomorrowland visuals and their music, or just their music alone, but all of their songs were so hauntingly wonderful. This show also included clips from Disneyland and in an era way before MiceAge and blogs, just seeing Disneyland on TV was a treat.

Does anyone know if this concert special ever airs on the Disney Channel once in a while? I personally believe it's going to be one of those things that will be forever lost in the mix of modern Disney such as Kim Impossible and That's So Raven. It will become a relic of a bygone era if it's not already. If anyone sees this special airing on Disney, I strongly recommend seeing it. It's such a rare treat to have a televised concert at Disneyland, and it's even rarer now that the Disney Channel has finally found its pre-teen niche.

Re: 1999 B*Witched/Five concert at Disneyland

While they were here in the states I worked on a B*Witched music video that we shot in San Diego. They were all neat girls as I remember. They had a concert the next night at Universal Studios that I believe was a Nick-sponsored tour. I didn't know they played in DL and I've never seen the concert... Although I'd like to. Good luck!
    Permanecer sentado por favor...

• Be-Bop Bear

Avondale, AZ (but wishing I was in Anaheim...)

Back in the late 80's/early 90's it seems like there were TV specials from Disneyland or WDW all the time, and not just on The Disney Channel, but on regular TV. I used to really look forward to those shows and I'd try to tape them whenever I could. As a matter of fact, I bought my first VCR in 1990 just a week before Disneyland's 35th anniversary so I could tape all the shows they were going to have on The Disney Channel.
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind!

• Disneyland Freak

Bewitched is/was really popular on the Radio Disney circuit.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!