• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Disneyland 2008 Grad Nite dates

Since some folks like to plan ahead, here are the dates being offered for 2008.

Thursday, May 15th

Thursday, May 22nd

Thursday, May 29th

Thursday, June 5th

Wednesday, June 11th

Thursday, June 12th

Thursday, June 19th

The "Blast Off" pre-event in DCA will be held each night.

The May events shouldn't have any effect on regular guests, but the June events will require Disneyland to close at 9 PM, and DCA to close at 6 PM on Grad Nites, and more than likely no "Magic Mornings" (Early Entry) on June 12th.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Minion

Re: Disneyland 2008 Grad Nite dates

Any reason you feel the need to depress CM's 9 months in advance ?

The only depressing thing is that I have to miss three of them.
    Grad Nite is fun!

• Disney Nerd

depress CM's??? I personally love grad nights! honestly! most fun nights of the year.

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

So i've got a question.

You've got to go with your school, right? You can't just show up (paid of course)?
    I'm pretty sure you can't go by yourself.

But I want to go so bad. And my school sucks.

• The Guru of Disneyland

Gradnite really isnt all it's cracked up to be. In fact, as a Disneyland fan, the actions of others angered me.

• Minion

I hated the fact that hip hop music was blasted every were. not that I don't like hip hop I just think its weird to have songs with lyrics like "get it get it get it get it" Pumped thou main st's sound system.

I also dislike the school kids rowdy behavior. OY
    Last edited by Sir.Mouse; 09-11-2007 at 10:59 PM.

• Mickey Mouse Slave

Quote Originally Posted by fantoongal View Post
    depress CM's??? I personally love grad nights! honestly! most fun nights of the year.
    i hate grad night. The kids cuss insanely and there is like a 90% increase in theft rate. Like the ODV carts sell energy drinks.. i think my display was stolen at least 6-7 times. ofc, i ended up just leaving the diet one since no one wants to steal diet but my damn managers keep putting the disney up.

I hate it, i hate it, i hate it. i hated it when they mix it in with our regular schedule... get off work at 7AM, start work again at 4PM same day, get off at 12AM, start work at 10AM. I was soo dead tired after that. :'(

btw, if EE is cancelled, it is usually moved to Sunday Morning.
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

I miss Grad Nites. They were fun!! Yelling at them was the best part!!! Muahahaha!!!

• Former Disney Cast Member

awww, I always wanted to work a Grad Nite, but the Trains were always closed then so I never got to work one

They did look like fun tho (for the kids at least, not so much for the CM's, although I did hear some great stories about them!).

• FastPass n00b

Can I just say that the May 22nd one will be the 10 year anniversary of mine? I guess I just did, lol.

Astute Disneyland readers will recognize that that date was indeed the opening day of the "New Tomorrowland". I was one of the first people in the park that opening day (midnight on May 22, 1998) and although everything but Space Mountain was closed in that section of the park, it was a great time. The parking lot was all torn up at that time too so we came in through the backstage area behind Splash Mountain. There was tons of special lighting, lasers, loud music, and dancers that night. I'm not sure if I could ever go back to one since I'm not the same person as I was when I was 18, but my memory of it will always be fantastic. I don't want to taint it by replacing it with a 28-year old's view of Grad Nite.

What an incredible night that is though, to have everyone your own age having a great time and having Disneyland cater exclusively to the tastes of 18 year olds. It's a very special time that only comes once and it's yours, so enjoy it!

• FastPass n00b

To give people a sense of what Grad Nite is...it's not some little kid's party with some balloons and Disney characters all over. It's basically what Disneyland would be if Walt grew up on MTV. There's lots of security and cussing, but people were really well behaved when I was there.

Just don't expect a lot of touchy-feeling Disney stuff when you go...this is a party for 18 year olds and they gear it towards that. There's also a TON of energy in the first hour, but it gradually dwindles through the night until everyone is pretty much dragging through the exit gates.

And also don't horse around during Grad Nite because they are deadly serious about maintaining security there, especially since a lot of the deaths over the years were during Grad Nites. But if you mind your own business, don't play around and have a great time then you'll treasure the memories for a lifetime.

• Disney Starved in AZ

I thought I read here on the boards that EE was moving from Saturdays to Sundays anyway come January...

Thanks for the heads up DB! Always good to plan ahead!