Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Would You Be Happy with this Tomorrowland?

Cosmic Waves, as well as the planters around it are removed.

Astro Orbiter is removed from the entrance of Tomorrowland.

The Tomorrowland Rocks are removed from the entrance as well.

Star Tours is completely revamped to make a new attraction based on the new Star Wars films.

The Observation is replaced with a new Rocket Jets attraction.

The upper half of Starcade once again becomes part of the Starcade.

The Submarine Lagoon is considered to be a part of Tomorrowland since it will be filled with a non-related TL attraction, "Finding Nemo".

Space Mountain recieves it's comfirmed nightime sensation, "Rockit Mountain".

Since Carousel of Progress is rumored to be removed from Walt Disney World, it is moved here and returns to the carousel theater to replace Innoventions.

The Disneyland Monorail recieves it's confirmed new models in 2007.

Club Buzz Stage recieves a revamp converting it either to it's old retro-ish style, or a more futuristic look.

The rumored new PeopleMover returns with a different look and advanced technologies.

Honey, I Shrunk the Audience is replaced with the rumored Hitchiker's Galaxy or Sky High shows, or another hit Disney film.

The Lightyears above the Rest diner is revamped to fit in with the new Tomorrowland stage.

Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, The Spirit of Refreshment, Disneyland Railroad, Redd Rockit's Pizza Port, Supply and Command, Autopia and Star Traders all remain the same.
    Last edited by DL_CRAZE; 07-11-2005 at 11:57 PM.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Re: Would You Be Happy with the Tomorrowland?

yes, i think that would be the most awesome thing in the universe!

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

I just wanted to make this as simply possible as it could be according to rumors, nothing crazy like adding Mission: Space or Stitch's Great Escape.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Re: Would You Be Happy with this Tomorrowland?

Tomorrowland needs a water feature better than Cosmic Waves, but I would definitely be happy to see the planters removed. The orb really does not bother me, though.

I don't believe the Rocket Jets or AstroOrbiter belongs in Tomorrowland.
    But, if that kind of carnival attraction has to be there, I think, since the jets are so stylized, they are less obtrusive, creatively-speaking, at the entrance of Tomorrowland. I do not like the height of the thing, though. It dominates Central Plaza and is much too visible from Frontierland. And, I would prefer the PeopleMover track not be overwhelmed. If Imagineering were to develop a new concept and explain the reason for having jets tethered to terra firma, then I might think differently.

The crystalline rock formations at the entrance of Tomorrowland may need to be reconfigured to improve Guest flow. But, I actually think they look otherworldly and timeless in a way that I like. I might prefer them being a different, cooler color, though. There are much too many browns and oranges in Tomorrowland '98. I would also like the castle moat to fully encircle Central Plaza.

Star Tours has been needing to add more flights for a long time. Any flights that are added should occur after "Return of the Jedi" in the chronology of the story, however.

The Observatron had potential, but that potential was never realized. Something needs to be done with the animated "clock", but I am not sure Rocket Jets is the answer.

I would love to see the Starcade replaced altogether.

Rockit Mountain sounds like a bad concept, but I am reserving judgment until I have more information.

The monorail system is sorely in need of new trains. The way that the old ones were neglected is inexcusable. If Disney was smart, it would close Tomorrowland Station and build a new station at the main entrance of Disneyland between the two parks.

Club Buzz needs a name change, and that monstrosity on top of the stage has to go. The sculpture added to the stage in 1998 was actually really nice.

I love the PeopleMover. It, more than any other element, made Tomorrowland seem like a futuristic metropolis.

"Honey, I Shrunk the Audience" definitely needs to go, but I do not want anything that relates to either "Hitchiker's" or "Sky High". Imagineering needs to do something fresh and original in that space.

I think Buzz Lightyear needs to go pretty soon. His presence in Tomorrowland seems forced, and he is not timeless enough for Disneyland. The attraction is a relatively inexpensive dark ride, so perhaps the omnimover system can be put to more elaborate use in the future. For the same reason, I would like to see the Star Trader lose its aliens and orange color scheme.

I would like to see the Disneyland Railroad receive some sort of show elements on the outside of the tracks at Tomorrowland Station. I would also love for Disney to get the clearances to the finale of "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" to play at that station. The piece by John Williams includes "When You Wish upon a Star", so I can imagine the music serving as a great start to the conclusion of the Grand Circle Tour. And, the music would help to mask the sounds from the newly expanded Harbor Boulevard.
    Last edited by PragmaticIdealist; 07-12-2005 at 03:51 AM.

• All? NO, ALL!

I definitely like that idea. And by the way, the store is called Little Green Men Store Command, not Supply and Command, but that sounds cool too.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Almost, but not quite. There's better uses for the upper half of Starcade and better uses for the Carousel building.

• Minion

DL CRaze: Your initial list would be wonderful, just as you describe it. But if I were to gild the lilly with a few more items:

Return of Skyway

replace the 3-D movie/Pizza Port with a new Adventure thru Inner Space

restore Mary Blair's murals

.. and return to the old mod/streamlined white/silver/blue/black color scheme (no brown/tan/cream/putty/gold/copper/yellow/mauve/tiel or over-detailing at all - entrance solar panels must be silver again) and we're there!

"merlinjones" would you be alright with possibly moving the Mary Blair murals to the Disneyland Hotel? In another thread, I suggested making the Disneyland Hotel into a kind of museum. In that way, anything that was culturally-significant, yet, out-of-place or outdated would be able to be preserved in a really unique and nostalgic stylized environment.

The "Eat" Ticket commissary backstage is filled with old attraction vehicles and historic artifacts, and I absolutely love it. But, I do not think Disney employees should be the only people who get to appreciate it.

I know that Disney has been having difficulty trying to figure-out what to do with the hotel. The remodeling that is currently underway is kind of nice, but I would really love to see a whole mid-century modern stylishness throughout the establishment. And, I would love to have a 24-hour diner between the hotel and Downtown Disney that preserves 1955 in perpetuity.
    Last edited by PragmaticIdealist; 07-12-2005 at 03:41 AM.

• CM for 4 years!

My personal wet dream for New New New Tomorrowland:

1. New video/screens/complete re-Imagineering of Star Tours
    2. RockIt Mountain
    3. Autopia is GONE (I know, this dream will never come true)
    4. Finding Nemo submarines
    5. Peoplemover version 2.0 using new technology for mass transportation
    6. Starcade floor 2 opening as a dance club
    7. Club Buzz stage GONE
    8. Rocket Jets back up on platform
    9. No Cosmic Waves/planters/fountains
    10. Keep Redd Rockets Pizza Port
    11. Keep "Club Buzz: Lightyear's Above the Rest" even with the horrible pun.
    12. Keep Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
    13. Keep Star Trader and Store Command
    14. Keep the Monorail, BUT re-Imagineer it so that it moves more quickly or has more of em-- no reason for non-hotel guests to have to wait AN HOUR to get on it.
    15. One new D- or E-ticket attraction. COME ON!!
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones
    DL CRaze: Your initial list would be wonderful, just as you describe it. But if I were to gild the lilly with a few more items:

Return of Skyway

replace the 3-D movie/Pizza Port with a new Adventure thru Inner Space

restore Mary Blair's murals

.. and return to the old mod/streamlined white/silver/blue/black color scheme (no brown/tan/cream/putty/gold/copper/yellow/mauve/tiel or over-detailing at all - entrance solar panels must be silver again) and we're there!
    ^ ^
    What he said!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

I hate to say this, but it's highly unlikely the Skyway would EVER return, or the Mary Blair Murals. The rest of the ideas in these thread COULD and SHOULD Happen!

• Who's your DaddyB?

That's all so retro...

I want NEW stuff. If they're finally admittimg that Tomorrowland 98 was a waste, then let's move on. As in forward. Going back to 97 (which is really going back to '77)is not the answer. Yes, we all miss that stuff, but let's yank some stuff outta' there and put in some new attractions (with some money and thought behind them) that will become classics in themselves (and not classicly BAD, like Innoventions and HISTA).
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

• insufferable know-it-all

I like TL as described in the OP.

The Mary Blair murals COULD return (at least one of them) as it's preserved under that facade on the Buzz side. However, they aren't really TL-ish. Hotel is a great idea- actually, I could easily see the Mary Blair murals used on the wall of a restaurant. One thing the DLH desperately needs is a replacement for the Monorail Cafe. They need a basic coffee shop type place for their guests. And preferably (because I always thought this as a kid too), it should be open 24/7. You know, just one location for Resort guests to go at any hour of the night without having to go off property to (ugh) Denny's.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• In a Rocket Rods daze @_@

I actually enjoyed Cosmic Waves. I used to like to see all of the people get soaked! But if it weren't abused, and other lame actions people took place on the site of Cosmic Waves, then it probably still would exist. But it is rather nasty at the thought that when the people got soaked in Cosmic Waves, then they would happily trot to an attraction, carrying their wet bodies with them. So it is probably a better thing that Cosmic Waves is gone. But Disney really needs to get rid of what is now Cosmic Waves! It is just a circle with ugly planters using up space! And with Innoventions gone, that would be a dream!
    Rocket Rods--Ride The Road To Tomorrow

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

I just thought of something: If the Rocket Jets were on the ground they could always claim the rocket was on the ground because it hadn't launched yet or something. That could be the backstory.

Also, I've always wondered this about the new Star Tours film. Seriously, what about the people that never saw/don't understand Star Wars in the first place? I say put something not movie-based in that area.
    Last edited by Kevie; 07-12-2005 at 09:01 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast