Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Curiouser and Curiouser

Anyone been to a character audition?

I am applying to the Disney College Program for Spring Advantage Quarter 2008 and it is my dream to be an atmosphere character?

I had my phone interview (went well) and I will be going to an audition in Seattle on Oct. 5. Does anyone know what I can expect? Do I need to be a very skilled dancer to be an atmosphere character?

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Anyone been to a character audition?

I've been to a face and atmosphere character audition, but I can't really tell you much since I got cut out in the first rounds of both. However, I noticed that atmosphere character auditions-you get measured for your height right of the bat. Face characters, you line up and talk to CM's and then get cut. Hopefully others on here can help you out more. Good luck!

• Shubisha

they're holding character auditions for disneyland in seattle? or are you going to a wdw college program audition?

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

I went to the audition for face characters in January, and I got cut on the face part.

• Stop That!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockr View Post
    I went to the audition for face characters in January, and I got cut on the face part.
    Yes, remembering to bring your face is crucial at these things.

• Magic Making

I know they make you do acting exercises. I friend of mine had to act out two scenarios. One was a sick wrestler, and the other was a nervous giraffe. Another one was something being chased by bumblebees. They also measure your height. Thats the first thing they do. If you don't match the heights of the characters they are looking for, you get knocked off right there.

• Curiouser and Curiouser

College Program Auditions

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BoogaFrito View Post
    Yes, remembering to bring your face is crucial at these things.
    Or a reasonable facesimile

• Characters are my friends

Quote Originally Posted by Tedi Bara View Post
    I am applying to the Disney College Program for Spring Advantage Quarter 2008 and it is my dream to be an atmosphere character?

I had my phone interview (went well) and I will be going to an audition in Seattle on Oct. 5. Does anyone know what I can expect? Do I need to be a very skilled dancer to be an atmosphere character?
    I have been to 4 CP auditions. The way it works is that when you first arrive you are given a number, measured, and they take your picture. Then the audition begins. It is in 2 parts: animation and dancing. The animation part is basically doing charades, as you act something out (for example, making a sandwich). Then comes the dance part. It is in counts of 4, and goes from easy up to harder. That is the audition. Some people get called back for a puppet part, or for another dance part (these are people who live and breathe dancing, as it is much harder). I did not get called back for anything, and did not make performer. I did get character attendant though.

Just so you are aware, the atmosphere performers that walk around in the MK and MGM are not on the CP. In fact, they are not even regular performers.
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09

• Wicket Pan the Avenger!

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyLD View Post
    I know they make you do acting exercises. I friend of mine had to act out two scenarios. One was a sick wrestler, and the other was a nervous giraffe. Another one was something being chased by bumblebees. They also measure your height. Thats the first thing they do. If you don't match the heights of the characters they are looking for, you get knocked off right there.
    lol I think I can do a pretty good sick sumo wrestler. and a nervous giraffe is just a giraffe that is nervous/conscious about his long neck when he reaches for a bit of leafy goodness.

I think I would love to do either Aladdin or Mowgli. ha!
    "Peter," she asked, trying to speak firmly, "what are your exact feelings to me?"
    "Those of a devoted son, Wendy."
    "I thought so," she said, and went and sat by herself at the extreme end of the room.

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

A sick wrestler? Haha. I had a mental image of me even trying to do that, and laughed.

Sounds like fun... But I'm too tall for any of the characters. I can be in parades, but I'm not that great of a dancer... I can't do the splits or anything.

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

Quote Originally Posted by joanna71985 View Post
    Just so you are aware, the atmosphere performers that walk around in the MK and MGM are not on the CP. In fact, they are not even regular performers.
    What do you mean by they are not even regular performers? Not as many hours? No seniority?

Quote Originally Posted by SorcererMickey View Post
    What do you mean by they are not even regular performers? Not as many hours? No seniority?
    I think they meant that they're not character performers. You know, the Equity folks.

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

Characters are definately not equity. Character performance at WDW had to be cut back because equity complained a while ago. That is the reason why in Fant! Ariel can't flip her fin past 90 degrees, Snow can't be lifted, parade performers can't kick past 90 degrees.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SorcererMickey View Post
    No, they just need to eat more bran
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast