Annual Passes for Dual Residency folk?? What counts as "proof" of residency?

OK, I really, really, really hope I'm posting in the right place and that my question isn't listed elsewhere....I tried doing a search and going through stickies, but didn't see this listed.

My question is essentially: what is needed to prove Southern California residency for an annual pass? My parter works in Southern California 4 days a week and keeps an apartment down there, but he keeps a primary residency here in San Jose. Essentially he has two residences, but his driver's license shows his San Jose address.

I have read up on this on NUMEROUS sites, but only see reference to needing "proof," not what counts as proof.

I recall that when I lived in FL a driver's license was sufficient for Resident discounts on single-day tickets, and I wouldn't be surprised if one was further necessary--but figured it would be worth asking.

So, is it possible to bring bills, copies of leases or such to qualify for an annual pass?

I would assume that even IF he would be eligible, he would only be able to get one pass (meaning I would still have to pay regular admission prices when I visit), but it could still save money in the end if we ramp up the frequency of our visits.

Thanks much!

BrerDan
    Last edited by BrerDan; 09-12-2007 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Insert Type of Post code

• Just splashing around...

Re: Annual Passes for Dual Residency folk?? What counts as "proof" of residency?

I believe you can use things such as local utility bills to show residency. I have used a staff ID card (I work at a major university in So Ca) for proof. Also, I think you can purchase more than one ticket with a So Cal ID, but I could be wrong. You used to be able to for sure. But I don't think you can get more than one AP with it. Just single tickets.

Re: Annual Passes for Dual Residency folk?? What counts as "proof" of residency?

I have a pass already so this question isn't for me, but for some friends of mine. Will a Southern CA university ID work as proof of residence for my out of state friends (who live here for school)?

• Eeyore smiling

It used to be your utility bill works just fine, and I know he can get more then one ticket, as in the head of household status.
    I know they go by zip codes

Thanks for the replies!

It sounds like it might be worth a shot, at least!

Quote Originally Posted by Kath2188 View Post
    It used to be your utility bill works just fine, and I know he can get more then one ticket, as in the head of household status.
    I know they go by zip codes

• PrinceBlue

Show your Driver's License/Permit or School ID.

If you don't have either - then there is a problem....

• Just splashing around...

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Pirate View Post
    I have a pass already so this question isn't for me, but for some friends of mine. Will a Southern CA university ID work as proof of residence for my out of state friends (who live here for school)?
    Yes. I have used UCLA and USC IDs.